Is UPS cheating me

Hi

I need some help urgently. Last week I ordered some nutritional supplement from bodybuilding.com using UPS delivery. I ordered supplements worth 76$ , only 2 bottles of capsules and paid UPS 40$ for shipping.

Today UPS delivery guy came with my pckg and gave me duty receipt of 3350rs , which is almost 100% of the total cost of supplements . I told him , it is not possible for which his reply was , that duty charges are decided by UPS broker at airport and custom officials, and the duty charged on my pckg is absolutely right.

Can anyone plss tell me what is correct duty on nutritional/dietary supps.

Is it possible that the duty charged is MILI-BHAGAT of UPS and custom officials.

Can I go personally and talk to custom officials bout this mistake/if it is a mistake.

Any help would be appreciated and repped

Supplements currently have a duty of 51% and an additional charge of Rs 2000 afaik. So the amount sounds right.

So bloody weird.. Duty I understand , but y a xtra charge of rs2000 on stuff worth 3500 :(

Indian custom - go burn in hell

Btw repped and thxxx for reply

a bit offtopic but how do these work?? like taking these capsules your body muscles increase or they just for energy(coz for that you have better and natural options)?? i am not sure but i heard these are not good and they have side effects a lot....anyways just asking ....

Yup some of em r dangerous on prolong use....but if u use em properly , then nothing to worry bout. And I had ordered only natural Supps not pH based , and totally natural and almost safe.

Most dangerous supp i used was from pre-workout category called Jack3d, very popular in India also, and it almost gave me a heart attack. It was so bad that I could feel my heart beating like a drum.since that day I have not touched these Supps based 1,3 dimeth or stimulant based stuff.

UPS...they have assigned mediators at customs , who will pay duty on ur behalf, and deliver it to u personally..no Post office is involved ..

duty they will pay, will be the final value of the invoice(cost+shipping) i think duty on cell phones is 30%

Bro are u sure about this or u r just guessing?

if get a mobile worth 20k....i ll be charged a max of 1k on it..ryt? :helpsmilie:

Yes, Im sure on it. Reason I gave a range is because it has been fluctuating a lot between that, you can mail an importer and confirm the exact amount.

Archived