IGC 2012

genesis

^^ was wondering the same thing, well since they r planning on giving high prizes to games like Poker, & adding all backward 2-3yr old fighting games

I'm dropping the idea, its too far from my place

heck they have KOF but its not in tournament section, its pay to play :ack: probably its XII since XIII never came out here, I'm surprised to see no 1 wants to play new fighters especially SFxT :lol: & no luv for umvc3 n sc5.

^^ was wondering the same thing, well since they r planning on giving high prizes to games like Poker, & adding all backward 2-3yr old fighting games

I'm dropping the idea, its too far from my place

heck they have KOF but its not in tournament section, its pay to play :ack: probably its XII since XIII never came out here, I'm surprised to see no 1 wants to play new fighters especially SFxT :lol: & no luv for umvc3 n sc5.

:happydance:

lol at those guys saying new games shouldn't have tourney on your comment.

" it would be plessure for us to have you in our office for lunch tomm. Im sure we ll prove our authenticity there itself. The launch of this event was in le meridian, i hope tht was nt fake. All the top news print ads, I guess those r not fake too. And also do one thing visit the venue ull surely like it. Do ask smth bout us. What diff between india and the world is tht, wen n event take place in uk, us or anywhere in d world, their citizens support dem. But in a country like india, ppl cant see a good thing happening. U all through ur life wanted navi, m5, sk fnatic to play in front of u. but if smone comes frm nowhere and make tht dream come true, you guys start questioning him. I want all of you ppl to comment on it and let Rahul kno wat you think about it."

Taken from their Facebook page .

Also if you look at the Dota are willing to raise the prize to 40,000$ if over 3000 teams enter ... Lmao :lol: ... Its 20$ per team that means if 3000 teams enter they already got over 60,000$ .... so wheres the rest of the money going? into their pockets? not to mention the extra venue fee...

Thats not how tournaments run ... thats how scams run.... In ANY tournament the prize pot is split 1st,2nd,3rd based on number on entrants.... and you pay a venue fee for the cost of Place,Organizing ...

What diff between india and the world is

1. They dont use chat lingo while making official statements

2. They use SSF4 AE instead of SF4

" it would be plessure for us to have you in our office for lunch tomm. Im sure we ll prove our authenticity there itself. The launch of this event was in le meridian, i hope tht was nt fake. All the top news print ads, I guess those r not fake too. And also do one thing visit the venue ull surely like it. Do ask smth bout us. What diff between india and the world is tht, wen n event take place in uk, us or anywhere in d world, their citizens support dem. But in a country like india, ppl cant see a good thing happening. U all through ur life wanted navi, m5, sk fnatic to play in front of u. but if smone comes frm nowhere and make tht dream come true, you guys start questioning him. I want all of you ppl to comment on it and let Rahul kno wat you think about it."

why are they communicating in bastardized sms english language? mentally retarded or teenagers who think it's cool to behave like the mentally retarded?

they have pretty much no idea what they are doing.Local gamer in other places support this types of events because organizer did a great job on convincing the gamers.Having only 2 completely unrelated Sponsor with ridiculous prize money,facebook only communications will never convince people even if it is true.If you are trying to create a another Dream hack ,in this way you will never achieve it.Convince and get some publisher as sponsor/supporter like Valve,Razer,Acti,nvidia,ati.And then just see the supports.It currently looking like a college tournament.

On other hand they contracted Na'vi,Sk,fnatic to visit and play and they will cover all the expense AFAIK.And they are pretty active on esports forum.lets see what happens next.If they pull it off,great for Indian esports.But it is not the correct way to organizing International tourney.And if this turns out a Scam then :doh:

Final nail really,this is from fnatic's management report

"As per our initial investigation IGC looks like an event which will never happen & even if they are able to hold the event the prizes won't be paid. Key findings -

WTF Eventz Company founded on 11th January 2012.

Total capital of company is just Rs. 100,000 (USD 2000)

No sponsors, neither anybody is willing to sponsor them

None of the organizers have any knowledge of gaming

No info on background of any organizers."

I hope you have got my point, will send more details after a week."

:doh:

Dear 6415+ fans,

I am Kushagra and WTF Eventz is my company. First of all, there are many rumors circulating in the market that India Gaming Carnival is hoax; where the prize money wont be given and that the company's credential are seriously questionable. I just want to ask you all, Why?

I have started this with a vision. We are organizing this event with the hope that the gaming industry in India will not only find its rightful place but this event will also lead to the emergence of India as a new gaming hub. And to do that in a manner to attract every eyeball, we have a prize money of Rs. 1.5 Cr (USD 300,000).

Just a very frank question, would the prize money have been just 10% of what we are promising, will you be excited and enthusiastic enough to come? Would that have made sure that IGC is the biggest tournament of the India? Would that have even reached the ears of all Pro-gamers all across the world? I think NO.

As far as the company's financial background is concerned, i seriously don't understand what the problem is. Do you have any idea, how many companies are behind the establishment of WTF Eventz? Its easy to get a company's net worth and all other information from websites, but what that doesn't tell you is, who all are the people behind it. So posting things like "IGC is hoax", "No prize will be given" or "The company isn't that authentic" and all these rumors ain't helping us in any way.

IGC is for all those gamers who deeply wished inside their heart after watching different gaming tournaments all across the world, that why can't we also organize something like this in India? And when, someone is actually making those wishes come true, all we get is negative feedback and criticism from all across the world. Shouldn't this change?

I really hope for a spark of positiveness from all of you over here and all across the world. That would really help.

Thanks and regards,

Kushagra

from fb page ......

So this is pretty much a scam.

2rhib.png

6UD7R.png

IThN3.png

What happened:

fnatic's management report

"As per our initial investigation IGC looks like an event which will never happen & even if they are able to hold the event the prizes won't be paid. Key findings -

WTF Eventz Company founded on 11th January 2012.

Total capital of company is just Rs. 100,000 (USD 2000)

No sponsors, neither anybody is willing to sponsor them

None of the organizers have any knowledge of gaming

No info on background of any organizers."

Sahil guy calls them upon this, fanboys jump on him,

I ask them to just give an official response & *not use chat lingo while replying ffs*

They reply: We have yuvraj singh's trust yada yada :huh:

Still not disclosing sponser's info, Sahil guys says that we have a right to know these details.

A lot of 'haters/trolls' directed toward us questoning.

They claim that if you want proof then you'll have to come to their office.

Over 33 comments pass, with many valid points like: It's their job to clear doubts, they need to answer questions & provide proof.

Fanboys defending them blindly. Post 33 comments they come & delete the post(yes, that's their response) & restrict their page to 'admin only post'.

There you have it, avoiding direct question & limiting interaction, in order to protect their secret sponser.

I think it's a scam & congress/reapers/Ono san is behind it.

Also their owner's response:

Dear 6415+ fans,

I am Kushagra and WTF Eventz is my company. First of all, there are many rumors circulating in the market that India Gaming Carnival is hoax; where the prize money wont be given and that the company's credential are seriously questionable. I just want to ask you all, Why?

I have started this with a vision. We are organizing this event with the hope that the gaming industry in India will not only find its rightful place but this event will also lead to the emergence of India as a new gaming hub. And to do that in a manner to attract every eyeball, we have a prize money of Rs. 1.5 Cr (USD 300,000).

Just a very frank question, would the prize money have been just 10% of what we are promising, will you be excited and enthusiastic enough to come? Would that have made sure that IGC is the biggest tournament of the India? Would that have even reached the ears of all Pro-gamers all across the world? I think NO.

As far as the company's financial background is concerned, i seriously don't understand what the problem is. Do you have any idea, how many companies are behind the establishment of WTF Eventz? Its easy to get a company's net worth and all other information from websites, but what that doesn't tell you is, who all are the people behind it. So posting things like "IGC is hoax", "No prize will be given" or "The company isn't that authentic" and all these rumors ain't helping us in any way.

IGC is for all those gamers who deeply wished inside their heart after watching different gaming tournaments all across the world, that why can't we also organize something like this in India? And when, someone is actually making those wishes come true, all we get is negative feedback and criticism from all across the world. Shouldn't this change?

I really hope for a spark of positiveness from all of you over here and all across the world. That would really help.

Thanks and regards,

:rofl:

I am not going

Archived