Mass Effect 3

playstation

Mass Effect 3 Pre-order   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Widow also travels through matter, making it very useful for taking out Guardians. I also managed to take out 2 enemies with a single headshot during a match yesterday.

Additionally, the Widow is extermely useful against the Atlas since you can shatter the cockpit window with a few shots. The only enemy type that I have really struggled with is the Banshee on the higher difficulty levels.

Haven't managed to get my hands on a Widow yet, really want to try it. The closest thing I have currently is the Mantis (which is amazing, at level X it does enough damage to 1 hit most basic enemies) My sniping is pretty terrible though, the only races/classes I can do any good with are Asari (Stasis is the BEST thing EVER for lining up sniper shots) and infiltrators (cloak). The rapid-fire snipers really help make up for my lack of aim, but the lack of oomph leaves you feeling totally unsatisfied even after you nail a row of headshots.

The Widow also travels through matter, making it very useful for taking out Guardians. I also managed to take out 2 enemies with a single headshot during a match yesterday.

Additionally, the Widow is extermely useful against the Atlas since you can shatter the cockpit window with a few shots. The only enemy type that I have really struggled with is the Banshee on the higher difficulty levels.

banshee is a different case altogether,its a shame to say that bosses are easier then her.

at close range not even cloak with thrall spike launcher does much damage,hell even that missile launcher is not that powerful.

Only weapon that can take her out in go is the nuke launcher.

but u only get it during the end. :(

I can't count how many Credits I have wasted to get a Black Widow but just ended up with the M98 widow II.

and yeah both the black widow as well as the M98 Widow can fire through matter...Black widow obviously having higher damage.

I find my Geth pulse shotgun the best against atlas and Geth Primes....Banshees are f**king bitches...their biotic jumps don't let you deal good damage to them at all...I prefer the salarian character in such situations to use the shield degenerate power to f**k the hell out of her barrier.

The salarian at level 4 of shield degeneration can deal a massive health damage to non tech / non shielded enemies as well.

I can't count how many Credits I have wasted to get a Black Widow but just ended up with the M98 widow II.

and yeah both the black widow as well as the M98 Widow can fire through matter...Black widow obviously having higher damage.

I find my Geth pulse shotgun the best against atlas and Geth Primes....Banshees are f**king bitches...their biotic jumps don't let you deal good damage to them at all...I prefer the salarian character in such situations to use the shield degenerate power to f**k the hell out of her barrier.

The salarian at level 4 of shield degeneration can deal a massive health damage to non tech / non shielded enemies as well.

The widow X has higher damage then the black widow X..

banshees are easy as hell cept on gold...

just need a rapid firing weapon.. not necessarily with high damage, incinerate/frags/ carnage etc for armor overload/concussion shot/warp/lift grenade etc for shields..

Vanguard on normal feels mass murder,i think i complete the 5k mark trophy with this.

might try on insanity as well.

tips for Vanguard on insanity ?

Get carnage as the bonus power..

use the charge only when necessary

max out the black widow and vindicator (BW for boss level enemies and vindicator for taking down shields and crowd control, Vindicator fully upgraded is really light so wont adversely affect recharge speed)

best squad for most situations is Liara and Garrus (Give garrus the m98 widow and use liaras stasis on shielded enemies like marauders, nemesis, phantoms and centurions.. either of these, when fully shielded will take 2 headshots from the BW to die)

keep your distance as the vanguard has comparatively low shields and health than most other classes.

Vanguard on normal feels mass murder,i think i complete the 5k mark trophy with this.

might try on insanity as well.

tips for Vanguard on insanity ?

My first (only so far) playthrough was with a van on insanity. It probably wasn't anywhere near an optimum build, but I still had a blast. I stuck to the eviscerator with Liara and EDI in my party. Pull (especially the double pull when you evolve it) + Liara's warp is brutal, and if you minimize cooldowns on both you can drop 2-3 basic enemies every few seconds. Since I used shotguns, I'd get in close with charge - this made barrier absolutely essential as my extra ability. If you do try this build, I've gotta warn you, it's pretty painful and involves a LOT of jumping between the power wheel and gameplay (every two seconds or so when things get intense) but I found it really fun (no point playing vanguard if you don't get right into the thick of things, right? :P )

firebase white with a salarian engineer against geth is so easy - just camp the room downstairs with a decoy at the door. It is the easiest way of farming credits which i am saving up for the resurgence dlc. The geth are attracted to the decoy like insects to a glow lamp. :bigyellowgrin:

Also i would love to play with some indians since oversees hosts make it impossible to use vanguards/ graal in multiplayer whch are my 2 favourite things. If someone wants to do gold runs please add me on PC - i am landmarktiger on origin.

Archived