Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Masterjack

KARA (Quantic Dream)

22 posts in this topic

Welcome to Kara, the product of Quantic Dream's recent work on the PlayStation 3, and of its investment in new motion capture facilities. Again it's a one-woman show built around a slow tonal shift, again channelled through a strong and actorly central performance - but the distance between Kara and The Casting is as good a measure as any of the technical progress we've seen this generation, and of a shift in ambition and capability within Quantic Dream.

new tech video

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/first-look-at-heavy-rain-dev-new-tech-video :wOOtjumpy:

further details

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-07-introducing-quantic-dreams-kara

:exoticdance:

QD juz knows how to built emotional stuff :majesty:

Wont be suprised if it actually translates into a game...the tech demo itself makes a user longing to know more...what happens next....

QD juz knows how to built emotional stuff :majesty:

Wont be suprised if it actually translates into a game...the tech demo itself makes a user longing to know more...what happens next....

it is possibly the concept for their game. their next title was rumored to be a sci-fi love story and that tech demo points in that direction.

^ ya Rajnikant's Robot :P

Tech looks gr8 but i hope its a proper game and not a QTE-fest like HR....

Edited by Zodak™

that was really good! the concept seems familiar but there is something about their execution that has me stoked.

showed it to a couple of coworkers who are not into games and they loved it too.

The whole setup reeks of Stanley Kubrick's "A.I." with a healthy dose of "I, Robot" thrown in.

Not that that's a bad thing.

you are forgetting "The Bicentennial Man" ... Kara kinda behaved like the android in that film. Though the premise of all three movies match :D but in this case it is just like The B Man.

It is one of the most emotional movies I have ever seen.. or there is something really wrong with me to think that way :P