LittleBigPlanet Karting

Dbz_479

Check out the upcoming PS3-exclusive game "LittleBigPlanet Karting" developed by ModNation Racers dev United Front with help from LittleBigPlanet creators Media Molecule.

Release Date: TBA

Exclusively on: PlayStation 3

RP for Rating Pending

Genre: Racing

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

lbp-kartingx-large.jpg

lbp-karting4x-large.jpg

lbp-karting3x-large.jpg

lbp-karting2x-large.jpg

LittleBigPlanet Karting from United Front Games will be released for PS3 later this year, Sony and Media Molecule have announced.

United Front Games is the studio behind PlayStation kart racing series ModNation Racers.

"You already know about the fantastic LBP work that Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven Studios are doing on LittleBigPlanet for PlayStation Vita, and now we are delighted to announce today a new LBP collaboration with the hugely talented team at United Front Games who will be leading a new project called LittleBigPlanet Karting!" revealed Media Molecule. "We've all seen that UFG has a wealth of racing experience and they're also intimately familiar with LBP's cornerstones of 'PLAY, CREATE, SHARE.'"

Media Molecule added: "With LBP's powerful and diverse toolset in their capable hands, LittleBigPlanet Karting is sure to be an adventure that both LBP fans and kart racing fans alike will enjoy! We are very eager to see what you think of this union and especially excited to see what happens now that you have a 3D environment to create in! It's the start of a whole new LBP world! Have a look at the debut trailer to see for yourself.

United Front Games offered: "Our goal with LBP Karting has been fairly simple – provide a fast-paced experience that captures the best of classic Karting gameplay, married with the unbridled creativity of LBP. This new adventure will be accessible to players of all ages and have all of the variety necessary to satisfy both the hardcore and more casual players."

The game is set in a 3D world allowing players to create a range of gameplay experiences, using a host of familiar LittleBigPlanet gadgets and a brand new toolbox tailored for building inside LBP Karting's world.

In addition to regular racing, LBP Karting will also offer battle modes and of course these can be modified to create completely new modes and challenges.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/littlebigplanet_karting/news/littlebigplanet_karting_confirmed_for_release_in_2012.html

Looks fun unlike mehnation racers. Will buy the vita version.

Modnation on ps3 is a blast! Unless u were referring to the vita version.

Best kart racer on a ps3!

They'll keep on trying but mario kart reigns supreme!

Seriously did mario kart patented anything , what more innovation can you do in kart racing if you have something in mind please stop with the big talk & do it , the developers did a gr8 job with modnation racer , it lacked a variety of power up's but it was damn innovative in the genre , mario kart will always be a benchmark in kart racing but not always everyone copy from it

The game looks awesome with some new power up's & there are always the customization options

• 3 months later...

Even I got it.... But it's 3.5gigs.... :( And I don't have that much space in my PS3 HDD..... :(

Anybody know when the Beta is ending.... I'm planning to upgrade my PS3's HDD early next month...... Will the Beta still be there that time around? :unsure:

Archived