Capcom: "'On disc DLC no different than download"

ok so here's what the problem is:

there are DLC characters, think of it like a DLC map. If persona A does not have a DLC map then he cannot play with person B who is playing on this DLC Map but they can still play together on the non DLC Maps. If Capcom went this way then the people who bough DLC characters would not have been able to play with the people who did not have it at all, with any characters, because technically they would have been playing version X of the game when the version Y has already come out (with the balance changes required for new characters). To understand this think that maybe Guy's cr lp/lk could be abused on Guile because his cr lk/lp was 4 frames starting, so they have to reduce the starting frames to 3 or 2. Now person A who has not bough the DLC will play guile with a 4 frames starting lp/lk and the person B will play with a Guile with 2 or 3 frames start-up time, Clearly they cannot play together. Or else Capcom have to release a free update to everybody for the balance changes (like SSF4:AE balance changes) but MS and Sony charge game devs a hefty fees for anything they release, yeah, even if it is free. No company would want that. So they included the DLC stuff on disc itself, saving them the money from MS and Sony and saving the online community from fragmentation.

People who pay for DLC get to play the new characters, others do not need to worry about it. Almost all devs plan DLC with the game development, they just do not include it so that people do not know and rant about it. That it all. Later they can release it for a fees ($15 a map, really !!!) and part of that can go to MS or Sony as their fees.

I still do not expect the haters to understand, but I thought that this is the least I can do from my side.

Must be the same reason they released Dota again in HD and called it Dota 2. Only this time its not free.

Fight fire with fire :P

just takes one sentence and the capcom fanbabies lose their sh*t :lol:

Dont gimme that sh*t ... you were the one calling me hyprocrite and what not.. all i said was i prefer their Re-release method over DLC(which Capcom still sells cheaper compared to any other fighting game out there) , since in the end DLC turns out more expensive...but for some reason its more accepted ...

I have no issues with Capcom's re-releases.

But it seems to me that Capcon has the wrong idea of what a DLC means.

This man speaks the truth....

I have no issues with Capcom's re-releases.

But it seems to me that Capcon has the wrong idea of what a DLC means.

They are wrong about both things.

Right way: release a full game, sell dlcs and not unlocks, like others do. Then release a 'complete edition' after 8-9 months, with all the dlcs which were released during this period of time.

Those who don't have the dlcs simply cannot play with those who do. Or send out a free opppnents pack or something to everyone.

ok so here's what the problem is:

there are DLC characters, think of it like a DLC map. If persona A does not have a DLC map then he cannot play with person B who is playing on this DLC Map but they can still play together on the non DLC Maps. If Capcom went this way then the people who bough DLC characters would not have been able to play with the people who did not have it at all, with any characters, because technically they would have been playing version X of the game when the version Y has already come out (with the balance changes required for new characters). To understand this think that maybe Guy's cr lp/lk could be abused on Guile because his cr lk/lp was 4 frames starting, so they have to reduce the starting frames to 3 or 2. Now person A who has not bough the DLC will play guile with a 4 frames starting lp/lk and the person B will play with a Guile with 2 or 3 frames start-up time, Clearly they cannot play together. Or else Capcom have to release a free update to everybody for the balance changes (like SSF4:AE balance changes) but MS and Sony charge game devs a hefty fees for anything they release, yeah, even if it is free. No company would want that. So they included the DLC stuff on disc itself, saving them the money from MS and Sony and saving the online community from fragmentation.

People who pay for DLC get to play the new characters, others do not need to worry about it. Almost all devs plan DLC with the game development, they just do not include it so that people do not know and rant about it. That it all. Later they can release it for a fees ($15 a map, really !!!) and part of that can go to MS or Sony as their fees.

I still do not expect the haters to understand, but I thought that this is the least I can do from my side.

Repped for the explanation.

They are wrong about both things.

Right way: release a full game, sell dlcs and not unlocks, like others do. Then release a 'complete edition' after 8-9 months, with all the dlcs which were released during this period of time.

Those who don't have the dlcs simply cannot play with those who do. Or send out a free opppnents pack or something to everyone.

This is the Best method ...And that is exactly how they Sold the SSF4 AE upgrade,RE5 ...

as for Super and Ultimate they did have legit answers ... SF4 was never planned to have DLC (understandable since SF4 was a surprise hit)

Ultimate was originally meant to be DLC , but they said development was cut down because of the tsunami and they were forced to release it in that time period since that is the only time slot that Marvel allowed them to release it in...Am guessing it was faster to do a disc release than implement DLC , considering they made changes to the system,netcode..etc

The problem was with the timing. Im sure even Blizzard would have taken some flak if WoL and HoS was released the same year.

Moving to DLCs isn't going to help if they don't get the timings right, take EA for example.

y guys always after capcom again :lol:

complain about mass effect 3 & its on disc dlcs for a change

U know what , EA is saint ..

It's online pass is the best innovation in the gaming industry

While Capcom releasing an entire new game With all the new gameplay changes (which is actually cheaper if you add the DLC cost ) is bad ..

Graphics whores only see the graphics and forget about gameplay :lol:

No matter EA is the most hated gaming company .. Check the recent survey which is pasted in the sales thread .

Graphics whores only see the graphics and forget about gameplay :lol:

point to be noted................thats wat makes capcom good.....................the new disc releases offer more for gameplay n innovation

btw u guys shud be happy cuz u didn't get mvc3 so u can get umvc3 for cheap a*s now, I can't believe I'm sayin this but yea capcom makes quite remarkable innovation in their games thru disc release or dlc

I played mvc3 & now playin umvc3, I was a little frustrated about hearin this at first but after playin, I think it truly deserved a disc release + its cheaper than the combined dlc price

to each his own guys, nobody is forcing u to buy the game. Now when I think back about mvc3, I don't think it was a waste considing I spent over 100hrs playin online n with friends & had a blast. The Important thing is whether u enjoyed it or not, & I think I enjoyed it at MAXXX.......................thats enuf reason for me to cherish it

EDIT:- on the negative side yea I admit

on-disc dlc locked characters in SFxT

on-disc dlc locked costumes for umvc3 (which can be used thru a glitch)

& The worst......................

tumblr_m0v367AexL1qd9g7oo1_500.png

Are we still discussing that Capcom's re-release of fighting games like Super and Ultimate isn't justifiable?

Cause that argument is bonkers, the amount of gameplay changes offered makes it a completely new game, so what if it looks the same? what matters the most in a fighting game is the gameplay and balance.

^^ Who the f**k cares about gameplay , gtfo you hipster :P , and I think MS has a policy where DLC can only be a certain size , beyond which it cant be set as DLC and must be released as a separate game..

and it is ok for EA to put out their FIFA titles every year(sometimes 2) , but if someone else does it ..RAAAGE its BAAD... and the thing is Capcom only does it once ,while EA has been doing it for the past 2 decades....(again am not bashing Fifa)

Its also funny how there are games that dont change gameplay at all and release sequels with just new graphics and story , but i guess thats what more important these days...

up your a*s, I think there would be one there already for EA :P

EDIT: BTW, do you even play the game, have EVER played it, did you even buy any of SF4, SSF4, SSF4:AE, if not then why the hell are YOU complaining, I mean why ?

Archived