PS3 proxy won't work

Grievous

I'm from ludhiana (punjab ) bro !

How about u ?

Also i'm trying to transfer an old file (Playstation all stars Beta) via the method u've mentioned but m unable to :(

Using a laptop for transfering wirelessly .

I'm from ludhiana (punjab ) bro !

How about u ?

Also i'm trying to transfer an old file (Playstation all stars Beta) via the method u've mentioned but m unable to :(

Using a laptop for transfering wirelessly .

Chennai(Tamil Nadu)

Did u download the file after updating the firmware or before updating the firmware ?

Cause I tried only with the file I downloaded after updating the firmware

Thats the file from the older firmware .. Now trying a new one !

EDIT : NEW FILE ALSO NOT WORKING .. Could somebody please confirm if this method works completely wireless now ?

Like both the PS3 & LAPTOP should be wireless ( I Can't try wired coz my lappy's LAN Drivers are f**ked) !

Thats the file from the older firmware .. Now trying a new one !

EDIT : NEW FILE ALSO NOT WORKING .. Could somebody please confirm if this method works completely wireless now ?

Like both the PS3 & LAPTOP should be wireless ( I Can't try wired coz my lappy's LAN Drivers are f**ked) !

Well my pc is connected by the cable to the modem and my ps3 to the modem through wifi ;)

Hope that was helpful

Btw what game did you download ?

I am facing the same issue, added the download on PC is complete and I have setup the replace files, trying to download the file does not route through the PC. It keeps connecting to the original servers. Though the connection of the proxy seems working as the log updates all the clicks made.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

^ when you initiate the download on the ps3 for the second time (I.e to transfer ) make sure you put the download in background once you have selected the game from your download list.

That's the only change after the new update, " has to be a background download".

^ when you initiate the download on the ps3 for the second time (I.e to transfer ) make sure you put the download in background once you have selected the game from your download list.

That's the only change after the new update, " has to be a background download".

I have downloaded the latest update for GT5, the path 2.09.

As I used to do earlier, I have inserted the patch in my "PS3 Prox", but the PS3 is always trying to connect to the GT5 server to download the patch.

I can see that it is going thru my laptop, so I can disconnect the laptop and verify that the download is always going thru the laptop.

Problem: The patch download cannot go in "background". How to provide the patch to PS3 via proxy?

I am using this version of PS3 Prox.... http://postimage.org/image/snnbfio8l/

I have used PS3 Prox earlier and I do know very well how to use it. After the firmware update this download/upload thingy is failing :(

:helpsmilie:

• 4 months later...

Guys i think the proxy has completely stopped working with this new 4.40.

Now my log shows this link for mass effect 3 instead of the normal one - http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/EP0006/NPEB00865_00/bYkyqfyvDihqvGObEQalwulnVDjDGvtwQxhufCMGhirGDqQYcVTVqzAeyjcQDIcn.pkg?product=008C&country=in&downloadId=e8db476f&q=26d53865b58a0ec7abeb9d29d2dd3ef64e50cf90c8280a10dba1bdc1ae62a190&serverIpAddr=72.246.190.74&downloadType=bg

While downloading via store, it shows normal one but it is not resuming the download. *beep* you sony :ranting:

• 2 months later...

I posted similar question in PS3 FAQ yday but i figured out the problem. Now PS3 proxy will not work after the latest firmware update. The reason is a new URL gets picked up when u resume as posted by blueelvis above. But however, there is a "probability " involved where u can still make it work.

When u pause the download and resume, u will see a new download link(ends with bg as mentioned above).

-Then when u pause and resume again, You will see another download link but only thing that will differ is the Server IP address.

- Do this pause + resume on ps3 quickly and u can see that sometimes, two consecutive resumes picks up same server ip.

- Save the URL and put the .pkg file as target. Now pause and resume again.

- Chances are it will now look for different server again. (But sometimes it picks up same server ip)

- Now quickly modify the URL above and replacing ony IP and hit pause and resume.

So if you are in luck, doing this multiple times, same IP will get hit and it reads from PC.

It worked for my HItman 17GB yday and man i am happy. But it is purely chance.

Archived