[Guide] Download PS3 files on PC and then transfer back!

Mizanurification

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

check the link that u r adding in the replace files tab.. there should be a .pkg some where in the link

use that link

Well what he means to say is maybe that because of the new firmware update one cannot install the newer things because only background downloads can be downloaded via proxy.

• 2 weeks later...

file downloaded, tried to replace file in update.. my whole LBP2 game got corrupted :(/>

did everything as told in tutorial,, wont ever use it again :|

Well once you tried and you are qutting thats bad :)

You must have used another update file. Not the guide's fault. I have used this method several times without any fail.

Well mate I agree with your comment not the guides fault :D

Recently I have made my patches update too and it worked like a charm :)

i have 512K speed.. it took 2 days to download the game nd one day for update.

well i might download a whole game nd try it next time.

The method is flawless. Blame crappy Sony servers, and the pathetic download speed makes things worse. The data that you downloaded was corrupted. It happens with many people here who have bad download speeds, and there is no solution :P

I'll be vague. I have a new ps3 and no router to use this method. But, assuming I do get one in the future, will this work on consoles with OFW 4.31 (mine came with 3.71). I'm only asking this because I'm new and I have no idea regarding what works and what doesn't. Secondly, does this IDM method save the psn game file on PC? If yes, then can I make a copy of the said file for safe keeping (not for piracy mind you) because it'd make a useful copy if my console ever conks on me and I end up re-formatting the entire thing. And if it does allow me to copy the file then what method can I use to transfer the said file to the console when all hell breaks loose and I make it back alive.

I'll be vague. I have a new ps3 and no router to use this method. But, assuming I do get one in the future, will this work on consoles with OFW 4.31 (mine came with 3.71). I'm only asking this because I'm new and I have no idea regarding what works and what doesn't. Secondly, does this IDM method save the psn game file on PC? If yes, then can I make a copy of the said file for safe keeping (not for piracy mind you) because it'd make a useful copy if my console ever conks on me and I end up re-formatting the entire thing. And if it does allow me to copy the file then what method can I use to transfer the said file to the console when all hell breaks loose and I make it back alive.

Yea,assuming you get a router it will work on consoles with ofw 4.31

IDM is basically a download manager,it just manages your downloads.And yes,you can keep these files as a backup in case your ps3 goes kaput!

Just a tip though,do maintain a text file/word doc containing the links of the download of each and every game/dlc you download,this makes things a lot more easier to transfer the content back to the ps3.

In case the ps3 dies and you want to restore these games/dlc on a new ps3,you should:

1. enter the account details on the ps3(i.e the account from which you purchased the game/dlc)

2. And then you need to follow the same procedure as mentioned in the OP

Hope this helps :)

Still no router yet but I have another doubt. Does the console need to be connected to the router all the time while I download the file from the PC using a d/l manager? Or can I start the download (on PC), turn the console off and power it back on when I'm done downloading and filling the relevant fields to do the file replacement.

Also will this DDL link be a constant for everyone or will it be something that changes over time with every download? My internet is slow and the game I'm going to use this on is ~5GB. It should take me about 20 hours or so.

Finally, is the link resumable?

Still no router yet but I have another doubt. Does the console need to be connected to the router all the time while I download the file from the PC using a d/l manager? Or can I start the download (on PC), turn the console off and power it back on when I'm done downloading and filling the relevant fields to do the file replacement.

Also will this DDL link be a constant for everyone or will it be something that changes over time with every download? My internet is slow and the game I'm going to use this on is ~5GB. It should take me about 20 hours or so.

Finally, is the link resumable?

No.. once the download starts on PC, you can turn off the console/disconnect from router.. though, to transfer the files to PS3, you need to join it again..

Not sure about the link being same for everyone; never noticed..

and for the last question, yes.. the links are resumable.

Hope that helps!

Archived