The Last Guardian

KnackChap

• 1 month later...
The Last Guardian In Development For The Last 6 Years

Chatting with one of my industry sources revealed some interesting info about The Last Guardian. Supposedly the game has been in development for the last 6 years. In that total time, 3 Uncharted games have been released. Undisclosed members of development behemoth Naughty Dog aren’t too happy with the preferential treatment they’ve been given as far as strict scheduling goes. Sony hasn’t pushed for The Last Guardian to get a solid release date but with Uncharted games, they are on a very strict release schedule. This may be the reason Fumito Ueda left Sony.

Also heard in this same discussion was the fact that Fumito is now working for a new game company in the UK. We also brought up the fact that he was interested in making his next title a first person shooter. So if Fumito is indeed starting work on another title, how can he also be working with Sony Japan to finish The Last Guardian?

http://www.thebitbag.com/2012/02/02/the-last-guardian-in-development-for-the-last-6-years/

I dont understand this...so ueda leaves because he is getting treated better... :lol:

what is more frustrating now is that still no news of the game....sony has been absolutely mum on this even after ueda news of leaving is out in public...it is about time they give us a actual real release date....even resident evil 6 has been announced once and release date and preorder has started....and this game....kya bolega ...my most anticipated game of this generation. :cry:

The Last Guardian making 'slow progress'

It wouldn't be without reason for gamers to be worried about the fate of The Last Guardian. Sony has spoken little of the title throughout its multiyear development, and the game has lost its executive producer. However, the title is still on and "making progress," a Sony representative has confirmed.

Development has been slow as molasses on The Last Guardian.

Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida told 1Up this week that The Last Guardian is making progress, albeit "slow progress." He said development on the title has been "tough" but noted that developer Team Ico has not altered the focus on the title.

"It's still a really important project and a vision we want to see realized, and [Fumito Ueda's] vision is really causing a very difficult challenge for the developers, so there's some scrapping and rebuilding...iteration in the process. That's why [it's taking so long]."

http://asia.gamespot.com/news/the-last-guardian-making-slow-progress-6350139

:unsure:

LOL. Slow progress, "scrapping and rebuilding" and still no release date in sight.

If that rumor about ND guys being pissed of with this is true I wouldnt blame them. They have pushed out 3 critically and commercially successful games (realistically that could be 4 before the year is out) while Ueda and co are still farting around with only glorified tech demos to show for it.

LOL. Slow progress, "scrapping and rebuilding" and still no release date in sight.

If that rumor about ND guys being pissed of with this is true I wouldnt blame them. They have pushed out 3 critically and commercially successful games (realistically that could be 4 before the year is out) while Ueda and co are still farting around with only glorified tech demos to show for it.

If by this E3 they have no concrete news about The Last Guardian....i will not care for this game anymore....

:roflroll:

Thats not possible.

Mohit you are the last guardian of the last guardian on Ivg ,others don't care :mellow:

So you must care otherwise :chair:

arey bohat hogaya...koi choice hi nahi hai...i have seen Kolkata's metro line expanded by several kilometers ...i have seen few buildings come up in my area where there was nothing....i have seen few flyovers completed connecting major part of my city to other major part and all this work started after the game was already announced....and i still not even have a release date....

Will wait till E3...after that honestly wont care..I tell you i have been avoiding to give my relatives in USA any kinda trouble by shipping some of the stuffs i want only because i would be asking them to take my TLG CE shipment when this game will come out.....i have already have my excitement gone down now....that are other games coming out which atleast i know i will get to play.....

Sony: The Last Guardian is making "slow progress"

Long awaited Team Ico adventure The Last Guardian is still alive and well but is making slow progress, according to Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida.

Speaking in an interview with 1Up, Yoshida confirmed that the PS3 game, which has been in development for the best part of six years, is still a priority for the publisher.

"The project has been making progress, but slow progress," he admitted.

"So that's tough, but we haven't changed any focus. It's still a really important project and a vision we want to see realised, and Fumito's vision is really causing a very difficult challenge for the developers, so there's some scrapping and rebuilding - iteration in the process. That's why [it's taking so long]."

Elsewhere in the interview, he also clarified the employment status of studio lynchpin Fumito Ueda, following a Eurogamer report late last year revealing he had left Sony and is now working for the platform holder as a contractor.

"He was an employee, and now he's working on a contract basis," said Yoshida.

"You know, we discussed an arrangement so he could focus on the creative side. But his work and his presence on that team never changed, so it was just more a contractual rearrangement, and that was taken [by many] as 'he left'.

"He comes in every day, and he's probably one of the people who works the longest hours," he added.

When asked whether Ueda would be working with Sony again in the future, Yoshida replied: "If this project goes well - you know, fingers crossed - we've worked with him for a long time so yeah I certainly hope we can maintain a relationship."

Source

I get a feeling that it may come on PS4 now.

One comment

"this will be out in time for xmas 2045"

Sent to die against Halo 37.

:rofl:

Edited by Buzz