The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

Started the game today but ,30GB update?:wacko:
Yea they overhauled pretty much everything from the vanilla version (1.00). It felt like the testing version in front of the newer one.

Everything from menus to missions, side quests got changed or patched to fix the vanilla version.

Not gonna lie but it's not the same experience or say a nice experience from going to the newer version from the version before patch 1.07.

Only good thing after the main game was "Hearts of Stone". It seems like they changed everything to suit the 2nd DLC. And i respect that.

It's just a opinion of mine and not a rent cause this game is special to me. But all the change that happened in 1.5 years felt like the game was incomplete at launch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Yea they overhauled pretty much everything from the vanilla version (1.00). It felt like the testing version in front of the newer one.

Everything from menus to missions, side quests got changed or patched to fix the vanilla version.

Not gonna lie but it's not the same experience or say a nice experience from going to the newer version from the version before patch 1.07.

Only good thing after the main game was "Hearts of Stone". It seems like they changed everything to suit the 2nd DLC. And i respect that.

It's just a opinion of mine and not a rent cause this game is special to me. But all the change that happened in 1.5 years felt like the game was incomplete at launch.

I started it without updating completely. Let's see. The combat seems quite smooth so far although the cutscenes get a little jittery at some places. Is this normal?

HDR patch is finally out

A new patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles is now available! The most notable changes are introduction of HDR and stability improvements, related to crashes experienced by players.

List of changes:

• HDR support;
  • various performance optimizations;
  • stability improvements;
  • localization bugfixing;
  • minor visual improvements.

Thank you for your patience!

9 hours ago, Dracula said:

Wait, what? 

No in-game content was changed, yes the inventory was made easier to navigate (although it is still sh*t), as for patch fixes those are normal to get over the life time of a product. You will crucify a studio which keeps a broken product out in the open. 

Wait, what? 

No in-game content was changed, yes the inventory was made easier to navigate (although it is still sh*t), as for patch fixes those are normal to get over the life time of a product. You will crucify a studio which keeps a broken product out in the open. 
In-game content didn't get changed, it got patched heavily, that's what i meant.

At the launch many things were missing or they were bugged like Witcher gears, Gwent cards e.t.c to mission progression, at least on PS4 version they were.

That is why the game was incomplete at launch and that's the reason for 20GB patch today like it's 2 year old multiplayer game. I remember updating Witcher 3 in April 2016, 8-10 months after the launch i had to download 18GB update for it, so 20GB update today is no surprise.

2 hours ago, Dracula said:

That is why the game was incomplete at launch and that's the reason for 20GB patch today like it's 2 year old multiplayer game. I remember updating Witcher 3 in April 2016, 8-10 months after the launch i had to download 18GB update for it, so 20GB update today is no surprise.

Was not the recent patch to enable HDR on the console? We did not get anything like that on GoG or STEAM. 

Also, how does the size of the update matter at the end of the day when games themselves are close to a 100GB download? Again, nothing has changed content-wise between the original launch and the game today. I've played the game thrice, between the two additional DLCs and the other fix-ups so your statement is wrong that the game released 'incomplete'. 

Was not the recent patch to enable HDR on the console? We did not get anything like that on GoG or STEAM. 

Also, how does the size of the update matter at the end of the day when games themselves are close to a 100GB download? Again, nothing has changed content-wise between the original launch and the game today. I've played the game thrice, between the two additional DLCs and the other fix-ups so your statement is wrong that the game released 'incomplete'. 
I'm only talking about the PS4 version when i said the content was missing at the launch, don't know about steam or gog if they were the same at launch. And by download i meant the disc version cause it doesn't matter when you play the disc version on PS4. Be it now or in 2015 it's the same incomplete version (Disc) I'm talking about.

So I'm not wrong cause i had a different experience by playing on PS4 than you on steam/gog. And@playstationdude can have the same experience if he wants by not updating the game to latest version.

53 minutes ago, Dracula said:

I'm only talking about the PS4 version when i said the content was missing at the launch, don't know about steam or gog if they were the same at launch. And by download i meant the disc version cause it doesn't matter when you play the disc version on PS4. Be it now or in 2015 it's the same incomplete version (Disc) I'm talking about.

There was no content missing on any platform at launch. The storage chest is called a QoL fix.

And if you are being so purantical about updates, give a major RPG launch since SKYRIM that did not ship a bunch of huge fixes post-release.

4 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

There was no content missing on any platform at launch. The storage chest is called a QoL fix.

And if you are being so purantical about updates, give a major RPG launch since SKYRIM that did not ship a bunch of huge fixes post-release.

I'm not gonna bother with what was missing and what is not. Cause you aren't gonna play it on PS4 / XBOX so how can you know what I'm talking about. Maybe your steam/gog version wasn't so "incomplete" at launch after all.

I just wanted to warn newer players that update the game first than play it or else they are gonna experience the same missing things that i did. ON PS4.

1 hour ago, Dracula said:

I just wanted to warn newer players that update the game first than play it or else they are gonna experience the same missing things that i did. ON PS4.

Good God man, the same game was released on all three platforms. 

I do not know how much the game was optimised for consoles but the same game, same build, everything was released on all three platforms. Apart from the PlayStation 4 Pro and XBox ONE X performance patches and the recent HDR update, all three platforms got the same updates, no content which was present was 'exclusive' to any platform. -_- 

Good God man, the same game was released on all three platforms. 

I do not know how much the game was optimised for consoles but the same game, same build, everything was released on all three platforms. Apart from the PlayStation 4 Pro and XBox ONE X performance patches and the recent HDR update, all three platforms got the same updates, no content which was present was 'exclusive' to any platform. [emoji42] 
i was mighty confused aswell when he said incomplete game.. like you said nothing was missing on console versions..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He isn't wrong. Plenty of patches were released and if you have the disc, you are better off updating the game before starting. 

A couple of trophies were bugged as well along with The Hearts of Stone DLC trophy. 

__

HDR patch is out but the 4K patch isn't. It should be available at a later date. 

Wow it's like people gonna lie on your beloved franchise that's it's missing things or it's incomplete just for "I don't know what"?

You guys are talking like you are damn sure how's the vanilla version was on some platforms and the other guy who had completed the whole game on it and tried to 100% it is talking out of his a**.

Btw I'm talking about some of the missing Witcher gears, missing Gwent cards, and the whole new U.I that they introduced after the 1st DLC.

And if I'm not mistaken@sobbii you didn't even completed half of the game on vanilla version?

Guys I'm not hating on the game or such, just sharing what i experienced without updating the game for 8 months of playthrough and i think you can call anything incomplete if it's missing such things what you call a content. Be it major or minor.

Those are all QoL updates and free DLC. That doesn't make the base game incomplete. 
I think Alpha has a specific problem with you using the word incomplete which is generally used in a negative sense. 
I get what you're saying, it's the negativity in "Incomplete" [emoji14]