The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

7 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Guys I'm not hating on the game or such, just sharing what i experienced without updating the game for 8 months of playthrough and i think you can call anything incomplete if it's missing such things what you call a content. Be it major or minor.

All the things you have mentioned are DLCs and QoL changes, they were not planned to be in the game from day one. The game was not incomplete. Period. Negative. Positive connotations of the word come later. 

17 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

He isn't wrong. Plenty of patches were released and if you have the disc, you are better off updating the game before starting. 

A couple of trophies were bugged as well along with The Hearts of Stone DLC trophy. 

These were issues on the PC version as well. 

There was an XP bug which basically stopped my in-game progression for a week. This does not mean the game was incomplete on launch. 

The in-game Gwent achievement was bugged. The weight of certain items was tweaked later down the line. Two more armour sets which were not in-game on release were added. The inventory was and still is pretty much a bone of contention. 

By this logic, every game that tweaks or patches its content in any major way is 'incomplete' on day-one. 

Edited by ALPHA17

All the things you have mentioned are DLCs and QoL changes, they were not planned to be in the game from day one. The game was not incomplete. Period. Negative. Positive connotations of the word come later. 

Oh no I'm not talking about the DLC'S Gwent card and Witcher gears. I'm talking about the the main game stuff.

Some of the main game gears like cat school highest armour etc and Gwent cards from the main game were missing.

This whole time i was talking about main game and you were thinking of DLCs stuff? This is where the confusion started, I should have said at the start of the argument that I'm not talking about all those free DLCs.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, adity said:

I think it's an ideological debate of sorts. He said that Witcher 3 was incomplete at launch. Why else would it require so many patches? 

Alpha believes it was complete, the patches were to improve the experience and not "complete" the game. 

Both sides have some merit. On one hand, it did have its share of bugs. On the other hand, the bugs were kind of expected with the game of that size and it could well be said that the other games which came close to its scope had far too many bugs than W3. 

All in all, it's a good idea to play it only after updating since there are a ton of improvements. 

It certainly wasn't a complete experience. Not sure how this turned into an argument. Him suggesting to update the game before playing is correct. 

So many quests & issues were patched/fixed with 1.10 update. There is a big difference between the base game and completely patched game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Oh no I'm not talking about the DLC'S Gwent card and Witcher gears. I'm talking about the the main game stuff.

You are right here but don't bother. 

Changing/fixing 100+ quests is QoL changes now? Okay. fZxyWJ6.gif 

Just now, Dracula said:

Some of the main game gears like cat school highest armour etc and Gwent cards from the main game were missing.

All these were bugs,  case in point, 

And Gwent, https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/tech-support/xbox-one-aa/8109340-card-collector-bug 

Again, these are bugs, they were patched out over time, as is the case with any game. 

Like 3 of the Gwent cards you should get at some party quest in main game were simply not there in vanilla version.

The random cards that you can win by visiting various places were missing 2-5 cards in vanilla version.

This is what i meant by missing or incomplete.

^ Those were bugs man, I still do not have any Gwent Achievement till date. 

When Heart's of Stone came out, an Ofieri Achievement was bugged too. The same issue as above, the game either did not recognise your attributes or you could not collect the content required. 

You are right here but don't bother. 

Alright mate, I don't have any issues if people here calling my experience a lie.

Lesson learned, don't ever call a game on public forum "incomplete" even if you're correct and experienced it first hand. [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Except none of them were changed. Fixes are par for the course or otherwise you will tell me that games like Dragon Age: ORIGINS were not broken on release (most people do not know but pirates and most early buyers) had issues when you could not progress in-game thanks to a bug in the Rogue skill tree. And it continues with titles like Kingdom Come: Deliverance but please, these games are incomplete, right. Or maybe dual standards apply according to one's whims and fantasies. 

2 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Alright mate, I don't have any issues if people here calling my experience a lie.

Lesson learned, don't ever call a game on public forum "incomplete" even if you're correct and experienced it first hand. emoji23.png

Except people here have had the same experience here and the game was not 'incomplete' because a quest /achievement /trophy was fixed thanks to patching. 

Yeah, I played just 385 hours of the game ±25 hours 

W_1.thumb.jpg.1decb87f882e4fcca16b9822ada73a54.jpg

And I still do not have the following achievements (because they are bugged and I do not play a game just to max out achievements), 

11uca3d.jpg

3 hours ago, Dracula said:

I'm not gonna bother with what was missing and what is not. Cause you aren't gonna play it on PS4 / XBOX so how can you know what I'm talking about. Maybe your steam/gog version wasn't so "incomplete" at launch after all.

I just wanted to warn newer players that update the game first than play it or else they are gonna experience the same missing things that i did. ON PS4.

Incomplete is a big word. Yes, lot of things got fixed and patched, but it certainly wasn't incomplete. Incomplete gives a totally different picture than what was the case with Witcher 3.

Apparently, the HDR is not real HDR but just some SDR

The game is taking that 8bit SDR image and automatically kicking out 1000nits as soon as anything approaches 255 white in SDR.

So what I think we are looking at with the Witcher 3 is essentially a quick and dirty pseudo-HDR effect, almost in the form of a post-processing filter.

Started playing this a few days back. Currently at level 10. 

The game design and scale are pretty good but the combat does get a bit repetitive after a while.

Side quests are not fetch quests so that is a relief but somehow just not connecting with the characters and the story. 

Guess I'm just more drawn to japanese games than to western rpgs. :P

10 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

For which platform should i buy Witcher 3 PS4 Pro or Xbox One X ? Xbox one had many bugs but i am not on track if all are fixed.

X obviously as it offers multiple graphics options like high frame rate and high resolution options. 

Check this. 

Frame rate mode targets 60 fps at medium graphics settings. It runs 60 most of the time while dropping few frames in city areas. 

Resolution mode offers - high graphics @ 4k with locked 30 fps with true HDR. 

Pro offers no high frame rate mode with broken or half assed HDR 

Bugs are fixed on all platforms now. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

I just posted after watching that video, DF seem to be favoring or have a childish glee for X1X hw power. They show pro having better image quality on far away objects like that windmill, in the end it didn't seem conclusive and seemed both are good.

So what i'd like to ask is which console produces natural colors as after seeming multiple comparison videos for many games, i feel X1X has a bit overexposed lighting and colors, that deduction is of course from youtube videos, i currently own just X1 exclusives to do any test myself.

10 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

I just posted after watching that video, DF seem to be favoring or have a childish glee for X1X hw power. They show pro having better image quality on far away objects like that windmill, in the end it didn't seem conclusive and seemed both are good.

So what i'd like to ask is which console produces natural colors as after seeming multiple comparison videos for many games, i feel X1X has a bit overexposed lighting and colors, that deduction is of course from youtube videos, i currently own just X1 exclusives to do any test myself.

If u care about colours then HDR is broken on Pro. 

X obviously will get better experience in every multu platform game as hardware is better. Loadtimes also faster on X I heard. 

But ultimately it's upto where you want to play. Game is fantastic on all. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

If you have both, go for One X.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Started playing this a few days back. Currently at level 10. 

The game design and scale are pretty good but the combat does get a bit repetitive after a while.

Side quests are not fetch quests so that is a relief but somehow just not connecting with the characters and the story. 

Guess I'm just more drawn to japanese games than to western rpgs. :P

Combat is soft . Its like Geralt is swinging a wooden sword.

2 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

I don't mind that, tbh I don't enjoy heavy swings. However, just not getting the feel from the game. The world is huge, but side quests for leveling up is something I don't dig. 

Side Quests don't give you enough XP to level up. You do them just because they are excellently written most of the time.