The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

2 hours ago, krados said:

So, watched few vids regarding the lore and started it. And right in the menu screen, there is an option to simulate W2 save...what to do?

If you have watched the lore videos, you would know what to do. Answer questions and build up the political situation as you like it. 

Also, according to the latest reports, the final patch issued on the PlayStation 4 might have resulted in worse performance with the poor implementation of HDR. 

As for the final query, just play the game and find out. 

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

If you have watched the lore videos, you would know what to do. Answer questions and build up the political situation as you like it. 

What questions?

Spoiler

There was a video, showing Yennefer in the middle of some war...then a long tutorial section as a dream sequence. No questions/choices put in front of me yet. Must be later in the game then.

Also, I hope my decision dont lock out some quests/storylines

8 hours ago, krados said:

What questions?

Reveal hidden contents

There was a video, showing Yennefer in the middle of some war...then a long tutorial section as a dream sequence. No questions/choices put in front of me yet. Must be later in the game then.

Also, I hope my decision dont lock out some quests/storylines

You are playing on the PlayStation 4, so I am even surprised it has a menu option to simulate the previous games' choices. 

About the latter, absolutely, certain decisions will completely change your progress path. 

That opening sequence is just one of the cinematic trailers bits from within the game. Enjoy the pretty CGI. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2018 at 10:10 PM, ALPHA17 said:

You are playing on the PlayStation 4, so I am even surprised it has a menu option to simulate the previous games' choices. 

About the latter, absolutely, certain decisions will completely change your progress path. 

That opening sequence is just one of the cinematic trailers bits from within the game. Enjoy the pretty CGI. 

Bad luck with regards to the timing of that hdr patch, game is stuttering so much :( Fingers crossed for a fix.

Its so frustrating that I cant stop automatic updates. This HDR update got installed automatically, system had installed GOW's latest photo mode update even though I have stopped playing it for almost a week now...Doom's over 15gb MP update :wallbash:

The Witcher 3 PlayStation 4 1.62 Update Live, Patch Notes Detailed

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has received a new update on PlayStation 4, which brings with it some nice new tweaks on PS4 Pro. While it does come with some standard minor bug fixes, the main addition here is an increased draw distance for foliage while using 4K on PS4 Pro.

THE WITCHER 3 UPDATE 1.62 PATCH NOTES

**Increases draw distance for foliage while using 4K on PS4 Pro.
**Added minor fixes.

link

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I'm planning to get the GOTY edition on the Xbox one X. Since there are 2 modes; Performance & 4K, how will these modes work for a 1080p TV user?

I mean will the 4K mode still be there and get supersampled or we'll just have performance mode?

• 1 year later...

Was always hesitant to start this game because of the intimidating number of hours it will require. Started this again in the weekend and couldn't put the controller down for hours. What an amazing open world!! Have spent hours in White Orchard itself and would have spent many more hours there exploring every question mark but the main quest took me to a point of no return. Reached Vizima and some dude asked me many questions regarding the events that happened in previous game. Had no clue and just picked some random answers. Hopefully this will not disable some of the interesting quests. Thee is a high probability that by the time Cyberpunk is released, I might still be playing this game.

On 4/26/2018 at 4:57 AM, ALPHA17 said:

Okay man. =] 

That was a great post!! Cant it be added to OP/first page? Cleared quite a few of my doubts.

And regarding the game, completely stuck after reaching Velen . Frustratingly steep difficulty curve :( Will try few of the tips from Alpha's post.

• 2 weeks later...

This game was just eating dust on my shelf since 2016 and now just can't stop playing it :) One more main quest...one more secondary mission... one more Witcher contract.....and before you realise its 3am!! :D Over 25 tasks in my journal currently if I combine main quest, secondary quest and Witcher contracts. Other than the ones related to Gwent and horse races, I am planning to go through them all...add to that all the question marks and I've not even explored any big cities yet :D You know the devs did good when you prefer to walk/ride rather than fast travel. Best open world game I've played!! 

This is my first Witcher game and I was expecting a very serious tone looking at the trailers and settings. I am pleasantly surprised to find that the writing is much more humorous and witty than I thought. Johnny is the best character I've met so far in this world :D

Edit: Thanks again @Mr.Copyright© ? Might not have tried it otherwise because of open world games fatigue.

Edited by Bauji
  • Like 3

So many awesome side quests already :)  -

- Towerful of mice
- Wild at heart
- Family Matters
- Witches of crookback bog
- Return to crookback bog
- Ghosts of the past

Reached Novigrad and finding the quests here a bit weaker. Too many cutscenes and are basically scanning an area using Witcher sense.

Overall, the game has turned into an addiction. Even though I knew it would cause problems next day, just couldn't stop playing it almost until dawn. Postponed a couple of important tasks(which I shouldn't have) because of this. Will have to put strict restrictions on my playtime :(