ScrewyAurum

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

9 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

A little busy through May. Will pick it up in June. I didn't want to stretch it over 2 months.

Also this ain't no Kingdom Hearts and I'm not a hardcore GOW fan. :P

Ok 

They should just give up and move on because this is getting to Bethesda levels of embarrassment.

So, watched few vids regarding the lore and started it. And right in the menu screen, there is an option to simulate W2 save...what to do?

And game is stuttering quite frequently :( First time noticing this while playing a game. Dint happen even with demanding games like UC4, GoW, TLG etc and I was not even playing any demanding section. Happened during the cutscene and during the initial tutorial mission.

Also, first I had to unlearn square, triangle for combat for GoW, now have to again unlearn for this :) Also in the post GoW world, having a single shot camera feels such a necessity. Had forgotten about loading screens.

Spoiler

Whats the story behind the stuffed unicorn? :fear1:

2 hours ago, krados said:

So, watched few vids regarding the lore and started it. And right in the menu screen, there is an option to simulate W2 save...what to do?

If you have watched the lore videos, you would know what to do. Answer questions and build up the political situation as you like it. 

Also, according to the latest reports, the final patch issued on the PlayStation 4 might have resulted in worse performance with the poor implementation of HDR. 

As for the final query, just play the game and find out. 

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

If you have watched the lore videos, you would know what to do. Answer questions and build up the political situation as you like it. 

What questions?

Spoiler

There was a video, showing Yennefer in the middle of some war...then a long tutorial section as a dream sequence. No questions/choices put in front of me yet. Must be later in the game then.

Also, I hope my decision dont lock out some quests/storylines

8 hours ago, krados said:

What questions?

Reveal hidden contents

There was a video, showing Yennefer in the middle of some war...then a long tutorial section as a dream sequence. No questions/choices put in front of me yet. Must be later in the game then.

Also, I hope my decision dont lock out some quests/storylines

You are playing on the PlayStation 4, so I am even surprised it has a menu option to simulate the previous games' choices. 

About the latter, absolutely, certain decisions will completely change your progress path. 

That opening sequence is just one of the cinematic trailers bits from within the game. Enjoy the pretty CGI. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2018 at 10:10 PM, ALPHA17 said:

You are playing on the PlayStation 4, so I am even surprised it has a menu option to simulate the previous games' choices. 

About the latter, absolutely, certain decisions will completely change your progress path. 

That opening sequence is just one of the cinematic trailers bits from within the game. Enjoy the pretty CGI. 

Bad luck with regards to the timing of that hdr patch, game is stuttering so much :( Fingers crossed for a fix.

Its so frustrating that I cant stop automatic updates. This HDR update got installed automatically, system had installed GOW's latest photo mode update even though I have stopped playing it for almost a week now...Doom's over 15gb MP update :wallbash:

The Witcher 3 PlayStation 4 1.62 Update Live, Patch Notes Detailed

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has received a new update on PlayStation 4, which brings with it some nice new tweaks on PS4 Pro. While it does come with some standard minor bug fixes, the main addition here is an increased draw distance for foliage while using 4K on PS4 Pro.

THE WITCHER 3 UPDATE 1.62 PATCH NOTES

**Increases draw distance for foliage while using 4K on PS4 Pro.
**Added minor fixes.

link

Guys, I'm planning to get the GOTY edition on the Xbox one X. Since there are 2 modes; Performance & 4K, how will these modes work for a 1080p TV user?

I mean will the 4K mode still be there and get supersampled or we'll just have performance mode?

Guys I have a question, there is a point in the game where...

Geralt and Triss meet in a secluded Lighthouse and end up making love, which is all sweet and lovely, but post that scene Triss gives out a Morse code of sorts from the lighthouse. The code reads as :

"H... A... L... K... B... R"

I was wondering what does that code even mean? Just generally curious...

This game has me so completely hooked.

2 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Reveal hidden contents

Geralt and Triss meet in a secluded Lighthouse and end up making love, which is all sweet and lovely, but post that scene Triss gives out a Morse code of sorts from the lighthouse. The code reads as :

"H... A... L... K... B... R"

I do not think that is a post scene. 

Somebody went bonkers when deciding to place all the Smuggler's Caches in Skellige. I mean they are all over the place, literally dozens of them, littered about. Far too many!!

Those annoying question marks popping up all over the waters... :wallbash:

28 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Somebody went bonkers when deciding to place all the Smuggler's Caches in Skellige. I mean they are all over the place, literally dozens of them, littered about. Far too many!!

Those annoying question marks popping up all over the waters... :wallbash:

Skellige is the worst place for people who like to collect everything...and all that for nothing but trash. Don't bother wasting time on those caches. 

11 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Skellige is the worst place for people who like to collect everything...and all that for nothing but trash. Don't bother wasting time on those caches. 

Yup, I've decided to skip them entirely. Most of the times it's ingredients to potions and swords that I don't want to keep. I think somehow the designers got too ahead of themselves and started to have fun with the stash placement idea. Sailing to them isn't much fun either plus having to fight the damn Sirens when you reach the cache area is annoying at the very least.

Sticking to the main storyline and side quests from now on. Why I just got  released from Madman Lugos' trial and must head to do his quest now!

Completed one of the best Contracts today called "Skellige's Most Wanted". I took it for perhaps a boring Nekker kill fest but the quest became an entirely different story altogether!

The damn Endragas and Arachas kicked my butt! :fear1:

Finally sailing to the...

1zdw7lg.jpg

So, one thing I noticed is that I set sail for the Isle of Mists at around 5:30pm (Witcher World Time) in the evening and reached the Isle of Mists at about 9pm. Once there, the clock stopped at 9pm and didn't tick further. So, apparently in the Isle of Mists, time stands still. Particularly grotty this place, is what it was.