Import help for All Legal ways of getting Games

I was looking to buy XBOX ONE from Ebay.com and i have read it and wanted to be confirmed.So if i get it in another box and mark it as a gift,will it get through customs without facing any import charges.

• 1 month later...

Legally in India you are allowed to have duty free imports of anything which has a value of less then 10,000 INR but the safest way to do it is get it marked as a gift because in Mumbai it seems the guys are smart and they may harass you but if you have the brians just show the guy you know the rules and honestly you should be able to get your stuff legally.

Is this threshold of 10K still valid? Also is this only valid for GIFTs?

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Quick question, what is the most cost-effective way of importing a USED product from the U.S.? Afaik customs are charged on the value of the item being shipped, so since its a used product can one receive an item literally for free (say declaring goods as gifts)? Excluding shipping charges of course. Just don't want to incur any unnecessary charge. How would third party shippers charge then?

Quick question, what is the most cost-effective way of importing a USED product from the U.S.? Afaik customs are charged on the value of the item being shipped, so since its a used product can one receive an item literally for free (say declaring goods as gifts)? Excluding shipping charges of course. Just don't want to incur any unnecessary charge. How would third party shippers charge then?

If you can fake an invoice and both you and the seller show that invoice for evaluation of customs then you bring the charges down.

That being said, it depends on the item and the method of shipping. Using an express courier like Fedex or DHL will almost certainly invite customs while using the national postal services does lower the chances a lot.

• 1 year later...

I read the OP, but I want to be sure about this.

Can I really buy anything valued less than 10,000 Rs and not have to pay duty?

Would it matter if I use Fedex and like and the over all cost is still under 10k? 

I remember buying DMC4:SE for PS4 at it's launch and ended up paying 2000 Rs as custom when I imported it form Play-Asia. 

• 5 months later...

Is there any limit to the number of items which you can bring from the U.S. (as a traveller) without triggering customs? Small items like harddisks and RAM? What would be the best way to bring lots of these items here to India from the U.S.?

Archived