Sign in to follow this  
WMWM

Infamous Second Son

Played the game till the space needle mission. This is the weakest SP game for sure(playing their 6th game). Game looks great, traversal and combat is top notch, but missions are very boring.

And even the visuals and combat gets boring after few hours in. It's SAME everywhere you go. What a letdown this was. myUXWnG.png 

Must be because of time constraint of PS4 launch. I liked SP much more than ND during PS2 days, because of how much fun their Sly Cooper games were. This game is indeed a let down compared to their earlier games.

Reached to the point where you get the 2nd power and damn....those visuals!! Even after playing GoW, I am loving the visuals of this 2014 game. Missions are a quite generic,but other than that shooting mechanics are great, you keep getting new powers and new moves for the powers, map traversal is a lot of fun, characters are good too. Can't wait to see what they have done with GoT. Looking at the visuals here, quite sure GoT will look awesome.

19 minutes ago, krados said:

Reached to the point where you get the 2nd power and damn....those visuals!! Even after playing GoW, I am loving the visuals of this 2014 game. Missions are a quite generic,but other than that shooting mechanics are great, you keep getting new powers and new moves for the powers, map traversal is a lot of fun, characters are good too. Can't wait to see what they have done with GoT. Looking at the visuals here, quite sure GoT will look awesome.

Yep. Second Son looks amazing and, despite what many people here will tell you, is quite fun to play.

5 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Yep. Second Son looks amazing and, despite what many people here will tell you, is quite fun to play.

It's fun to play. Just repetitive as f**k. And the powers are soo limited compared to infamous 2 and the side activities suck and the open world is dead. I mean, it's fun to play but the criticism isn't without merit. 

Side activities suck - True.

The open world is dead - it is worse than several other open world games, yes.

But, powers are limited? How? You have 4 different class of powers, each with it's own set of abilities. I, personally, don't see how that can be considered as 'limited'.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

+1

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Would have anyways played it despite of whatever junta says. Have been a huge fan of the studio since PS2 days.

But even I dint like it much the first time I played it. Even though the missions are not that great, still finding the story good enuf to continue playing. And as you've said the side activities are just meh, especially those spray painting ones. Following someone without being noticed has been done to death previously in the series and in AC games. But side activities were just there for the sake of it even in GoW. Hope this trend dies soon.

Destroying DUP stronghold is fun and challenging though. Will mostly stick to the main campaign, if the game does not force to complete some side missions or grinding.

Got the third power and the game keeps getting better. Moving from point A to B is so much fun now and the boss fights so far are good too.

1 hour ago, krados said:

Got the third power and the game keeps getting better. Moving from point A to B is so much fun now and the boss fights so far are good too.

Video, right?

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Video, right?

Yea. So many powers and so many moves now, game really makes you feel like a super-hero.

Yesterday I was standing near a tall building searching for the hidden camera and a woman NPC nearby said in a soft sweet voice - "I wanna have your babies" :lol:  Burst out laughing at this sudden unexpected statement.

Yes the open world is mostly dead, but it was 2014.

1 hour ago, krados said:

Yea. So many powers and so many moves now, game really makes you feel like a super-hero.

Yesterday I was standing near a tall building searching for the hidden camera and a woman NPC nearby said in a soft sweet voice - "I wanna have your babies" :lol: 

:lol:

Just finished the story, really fun ride. Will try and complete a few of the side missions. 

The concrete power is already so overpowered, not sure how that will it be after upgrading. 

Edited by Maximus

5 hours ago, Maximus said:

The concrete power is already so overpowered, not sure how that will it be after upgrading. 

Probably that's why you get it at the very end of the main storyline.

This game had good graphics with amazingly fun gameplay and good boss fights(video and concrete)

Average to bad in all other departments

Gameplay made the game fun to play.

Finished the main story...it was decent enough. Wont bother with the side stuff. Will check First Light now...seems like the general consensus is that its better than I:SS.

I felt both ss and first light were equally good ....but ya most of them say that first light is better than ss

Haven't played first light but ss was damm good. 

Traversal and combat is so fun.

Played for a few hours today. Very enjoyable.

The visuals are stunning and the combat is so fluid and fun. The good thing is it's not too open world so I am enjoying it as a linear experience with some side missions.

I do get the feeling side missions are not gonna be anything more than destroying DUP vehicles.