Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HundredProofSam

For The Win Podcast 2: "Dude, EA sucks!"

61 posts in this topic

Nash and I are back at our disorganised best for another podcast. This time we've got Nikhil (PC gamer, RRoD magnet and RPG lover) and Gagan (Beat 'em up and DS groupie). And it may sound like Gagan is speaking from a sewage drain but he was using his Bluetooth headset so his voice isn't as clear as the rest of us.

Here's what we talk about this week:

1. Releases of the month

2. Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and other beat 'em ups. This segment also reveals Nash's secret love for B-grade Bollywood films

3. ISPs for online gaming - MTNL vs Tata Indicom

4. GTA IV on PC?

5. Ubi's lazy PC ports

6. This is Vegas

7. DS games

8. RPGs - Turn-based vs Real-time combat, Fallout 3, Diablo 3

Also, during editing, I realised that my voice was out of sync with the rest of them so I had to edit out most of my expert anecdotes. Although you will occasionally hear me laugh about 20 seconds after everyone else laughs at a joke. The editing is a little scrappy but grimy underground basement sound > studio clarity any day!

Click here for the podcast

oh, btw...there's no particular reason for calling the podcast "Dude, EA sucks!"

peace

1 person likes this

sam typo in the 2nd last line

u missed an 'a' in hear

also nice name for the podcast "For the win"

Edited by Ayush12ice (GTA Rules)

wat's chun-li bollywood movie's name

u forgot airtel!!

the voice quality is bad compared to the previous one

Edited by Ayush12ice (GTA Rules)

Voice quality FTL! Only Nash's voice is clear.

Nash and Sam seem fine, but Gagan's voice is frustrating to handle. Ditch the BlueTooth headset next time, muh man.

Also, everyone seems to have an annoying habit of saying DUDE to each other. A lot.

Finished. Not much really related to Indian Gaming this time, and the bitching segments about Dhalism got old fast, but overall a pretty tame episode. Last episode was better. :thumbsup:

Edit: Plus, more Sam next time plzkthx~

Edited by KeezNah

wat's chun-li bollywood movie's name

Laga Chun Li mein dag... Don't judge alright; I made that one up in office one day :thumbsup:

Also GTA review up next week

Edited by nash

Lame podcast is lame.

As for a decent ISP, check out Hathway (rocking on TF2 servers even with a 256Kbps connection).

Too many stupid SF jokes. Too much usage of "dude" makes me wonder if this was a podcast of jocks or gamers.

Oh yeah and the sound quality was kinda bad.

"Is Spiderman a part of the DC universe?", bwhahahahahahahahahaha!

Phoenix Wright is sh*t? Really now? i guess it sucked bad enough to have 3 games in the series :thumbsup:.

And there's been another DC game, called Justice League Heroes for the Xbox, PS2, PSP, Nintendo DS and GBA which was released around the same time as Ultimate Alliance and sucked really bad.

Hellgate London's been revamped and is doing much better now. The updates to the game have made it good enough to be worthy of the fastest launch in Korea (they launched it this year) for the longest time (since Warcraft 3 i think).

Also, there was barely anything about turn based Vs. real time :(.

As for GTA4 pushing current gen consoles, keep in mind that there's a lot that can still be done on either consoles (compare GoW2 to PS2's launch titles). The best is yet to come.

Suggestions for the next installment (after the GTA4 edition podcast): UE3 engine whorage, Wii grey market rape, less of "dude" and better sound quality.

Also, EA sucks :dance:.

Edited by h3lios

Laga Chun Li mein dag... Don't judge alright; I made that one up in office one day :D

Also GTA review up next week

which version r u reviewing

there's a lot we talked about that had to be edited out because my voice was out of sync with the rest....for example....we talk about airtel and how people in delhi are so happy with it but it isnt widely available in mumbai...i also mention that i had hathway and it sucked for online gaming coz the 256kbps connection i had only had 64kbps upload speed

and yes, even if u ignore gagans part, the sound clarity was bad...probably coz there was four of us and maybe one or two of us dont have great internet connections

the two of us with MTNL

we also probably need better software to record our next podcast

dude

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0