The Sims 4

Heaven Angel

Listing Sims 1 and 2 features.. Why would they bring Sims 1 & 2 features now? They didn't add in Sims 3, why will they add now?

Half of those features were added to Sims 3 via expansion pack. Sims 4 will take same route.

No aliens? Aliens were added via expansion pack.

No cars? It was a décor.

No gardener? There was no gardener in Sims 3 as the plants from build mode do not need to be maintained.

No acne? No move object cheat? No rabbit holes? No tragic clown or social bunny? Really? q9X9UDE.gif Sounds more like bitching list.

People really exaggerate when it comes to EA games.

I'm fine with most of the things but No open world, seriously, i hope someone clarifies this, sims 3's open world was the thing i liked the most and now just coz of tht i can't even think of playing sims 2. I hope only gardeners for hire are removed and not the entire gardening ability.

• 2 weeks later...

But there are advantages too. Unlike SIMS 3, this game runs REALLY great. No stuttering or lag, nothing. Butter smooth.

The world will eventually expand with expansion packs. For now, I'm enjoying it. :D

Have they removed those funny loading screen quotes..?

Loading screens are extremely simple now. One big plumb-bob, that's it.

__

First time getting this Origin notification.

ibzdcAfqlHAyMa.png

1ewvnqt.gif

LOL...btw i see something written down there in loading screen..."Polishing Plumbobs" so they do have the quotes still..Lets wait for a price drop.

Loading screen lasts for 3-5 seconds. So you don't see them much. One-two at a time.

__

Options:

Graphics

• Sims – Adjusts the level of detail of Sims.
  • Objects – Adjusts the level of detail on objects
  • Lighting – Adjusts the quality of lighting and shadows.
  • Reflections – Adjusts the quality of reflections on water and mirrors.
  • Visual Effects – Adjusts the quality of swarm particles
  • Edge Smoothing – Adjusts the anti-aliasing. Higher settings make edges appear softer, but also reduce game performance.
  • 3D scene resolution – Adjusts the 3D object resolution without reducing UI resolution.
  • View Distance – Controls how far out the world is drawn.
  • Uncompressed Sim Textures – Enabled using uncompressed Sim texture (tick box)
  • Post processing effects – Enables global focus, lighting, and shadowing effects
  • Laptop Mode – Enables faster rendering and reduces visual quality.

Music

• Electronica
  • Pop
  • Romance
  • Alternative
  • Blues
  • Classical
  • Retro

Gameplay

• Autonomy (Off / Full) – Adjusts the level of free will that Sims demonstrate. When Off, Sims will only react to events in order to preserve heir own lives.
  • Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim – Disabled Autonomy for the selected household member, while other Sims roam free with Autonomy On.
  • Auto Age (Played Sims) – Yes no Only Active Household. – Enables Sims to age over time. If disabled your Sims will not age up.
  • Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) – Tick – Enables unplayed Sims to age over time. If disabled your Sims will not age up.
  • Sim Lifespan – Long Normal Short – Adjusts the lifespan of your Sims. The higher settings the longer your Sims live.
  • Traditional Social menu (tick/untick) – Enables legacy style pie menu, grouping actions by type rather than by contextual relevance.
  • Memories Helper (tick/untick) – Enables visual prompts to capture memories.
  • Fill Empty Homes (tick/untick) – Toggle the automatic NPC population of Empty Homes in the Neighborhood.

Controls and Camera

• Edge Scrolling – Enables the camera to move when the mouse cursor is near the edge of the screen
  • Sims 3 camera – Set the camera to use The Sims 3 settings such as middle mouse button pitch control
  • Invert Horizontal Rotation – Inverts the horizontal camera Rotation
  • Invert Vertical Rotation – Inverts the vertical camera rotation controls.

Video Capture

• Capture Size – Small Medium Large
  • Capture Quality – Low Medium High Uncompressed
  • Capture UI (tick/untick) – Add/Remove UI for recording

Music

• Voices
  • Sound effects
  • UI Sounds

Memories and Pictures

• Capture UI (tick/untick) - Add/Remove UI for screen capture

Other

• Online Access
  • Online Notifications
  • Auto Reconnect
  • Share User Data
  • Mods – Script/Non-Script (Popup) “Maxis does not pre-screen or support Mods. Please use with caution – Supports mods

Runs really great. Also, has laptop mode option.

The game has in-built online community option. This is like modding. You can get all community content with 1 click. From households to lots. Everything. No more crappy launcher or lagging.

So, I have finished the main portion of the game. As a veteran fan of the series, I'm neither happy or sad. My emotion are fine.

Good:

• First thing you'll notice is how good the game runs. It even runs great on my old notebook (where Sims 3 failed). The load time is extremely short (takes 10 seconds to fire up the game and 2-4 seconds between lots/world).
  • The new graphics and UI will take sometime to get used. It's very simple, yet effective.
  • Social interaction is vastly improved. Multi-tasking is handled very well. Really nice to see group of sims chatting engaging in activities.
  • CAS: Really improved this time. Have lot of options to make your dream sim.
  • The new feature: Emotions. Really good addition to the game. The game feels more real with excellent animation and interactions. Every emotion has special effect on sim mood and has special interaction. For example, when you fail during WooHoo, your sim will start feeling embarrassed. During this mood, you will get new actions and have to cheer yourself up.
  • The build mode: This is very good for users who had hard time building houses. It's really effective and simple. Just click -> drag -> voila! Your room is ready.
  • The community online feature: Another great addition. Since there is no launcher (good), you don't have to download from simstore anymore. This feature is in-built and display all community creations (lots, households, rooms, etc). Like it? Just press the save button and it'll appear in your game instantly.
  • Career: Good careers. It's less generic now and has branches. You also make decisions and it affects your emotions and work performance. Also, the career rewards are good.
  • Objects: Fair range of objects. I don't feel like missing anything.
  • Skills: Like old game. Keep working and it's yours.
  • Simoleon are kinda hard to get. So it's nice. Takes sometime before you can buy stuff.
  • The base game sets very good foundation for expansion packs.

Bad/could have been better:

• The game lacks content. It took less than 9 hours to finish the major potion of the game. Yes, it's simulation, but there is nothing left to do.
  • The world: It is small. Yes, really small compared to Sims 3. Also, only 4 community lots and 1 park in each world.
  • Neighborhood: It's active, but the community lots doesn't add anything. Just a small place with specific equipment. Even lounge/bar feel empty.

Overall, it's Sims game and new users to the series will enjoy more than old.

For me, it was a fun ride. I'll be waiting for new expansion packs. F4ma0Sd.gif

7/10 for base game.

Edit: 7 is not bad. It's good game, just feels empty without expansion packs.

They don't end unless you end it. But you need content to keep yourself busy, which base game don't have.

It's all in the expansion packs. Sims 3 has great expansion packs and adds enormous amount of content to keep you busy for years.

Archived