Warframe

Ichigo Uzumaki

3 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Yes, that's what I have done plus couple of other small missions on earth.

Haven't decided on how long I am going to play this. Liking it so far.

First of all, which platform? I play regularly on the PC along with a few friends. We can help you with some stuff.

Secondly, like Agent 47 said, work on clearing the Galaxy Map one planet at a time (especially the junctions). A lot of these activities will reward you with crafting materials (which you need tons of), blueprints for new stuff and mods which will help you create a build for your warframes.

Along the way you will encounter boss fights (Assassination missions). Bosses can be farmed for blueprints for new Warframes. Focus on getting these (Rhino and Ember are really good frames that you can get relatively quick). The game will naturally lead you to story quests which can be done once you fulfill certain conditions.

Lastly, do alerts if you can - especially ones for Orokin Reactors and Orokin Catalyst blueprints. These are special items that double mod capacity of frames and weapons permanently and are a must if you plan on using a certain frame or weapon for a long time.

But yeah, right now just work in clearing the galaxy map nodes.

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Lastly, do alerts if you can - especially ones for Orokin Reactors and Orokin Catalyst blueprints.

Not to forget Forma. One should grab as much as they can early game. And i have a feeling he is playing on the PS4.

Yep Forma too, always a good idea to have a good number of those handy for the future.

BTW, I'm really enjoying my EV Trinity Prime build with min (15%) duration. It's a really great support frame and a tank as well, unlimited energy + overshields for the entire team. Almost no DPS though (basically whatever I can manage with my spray-and-pray Soma Prime while I'm not casting). Currently has only 1 Forma but I might put in a couple more to change the Aura to Corrosive Projection as well as fit a maxed Transient Fortitude and a maxed Redirection (they're both 1 point away from maxed).

Also, Octavia should be done building by tonight, very excited to try it out.

Edited by Tyler

Thanks Tyler. I am playing on PC. Someone suggested that I should play Earth and Venus solo to get familiar with game and to understand what it has to offer. I am currenty trying to up my mastery rank to 2 so that I can buy Boltor and Hek blueprints but I seem to have stuck at mastery level 1 right now. Payed like 4 hours on Sunday, visited that marketplace like area on Earth, met Kanzo/Kuzo/Kaza(don't remember the name exactly) and did his bounty but it is not ticked in the codex page.

I have started with Excalibur frame.

7 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Thanks Tyler. I am playing on PC. Someone suggested that I should play Earth and Venus solo to get familiar with game and to understand what it has to offer. I am currenty trying to up my mastery rank to 2 so that I can buy Boltor and Hek blueprints but I seem to have stuck at mastery level 1 right now. Payed like 4 hours on Sunday, visited that marketplace like area on Earth, met Kanzo/Kuzo/Kaza(don't remember the name exactly) and did his bounty but it is not ticked in the codex page.

I have started with Excalibur frame.

Increasing MR is a slow process and will take time.

Levelling Warframes, companions etc to level  30 gives you 6000 MR points

Levelling Weapons, Sentinels etc to level 30 gives you 3000 MR points

Clearing a node gives you around 60 MR points and clearing the junction gives you 1000 MR points.

You can check your profile how much you need to move to next rank.

One other thing, if you have access to Twitch Prime, you can get Frost Prime, Soma Prime, and Scindo Prime. All you got to do link your warframe account to Twitch and also have a subscription to Twitch Prime.

So I downloaded this. Got pretty good speed considering steam. But when I started the game, a launcher popped up and started downloading updates. It shows only 8MB but it is downloading at 5 kbps :( something wrong with servers? My connection is fine considering I get 1.25 MBps everywhere else.

1 hour ago, b!T said:

So I downloaded this. Got pretty good speed considering steam. But when I started the game, a launcher popped up and started downloading updates. It shows only 8MB but it is downloading at 5 kbps :( something wrong with servers? My connection is fine considering I get 1.25 MBps everywhere else.

It happens sometimes but the speed should pick up soon. One other advice is never take a backup of this game cause there is no data stored on your drive. Everything is server side. If you try to take a backup, it'll fail and will start downloading the entire game again.

2 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

It happens sometimes but the speed should pick up soon. One other advice is never take a backup of this game cause there is no data stored on your drive. Everything is server side. If you try to take a backup, it'll fail and will start downloading the entire game again.

I will try later then.

The launcher is broken for me too - I get really unreliable speeds. Try messing around with the Aggressive Download option in the launcher settings btw.

@Django_3101 - Excalibur is a good all-rounder frame so stick with it until you can build Rhino (parts from Venus boss) or Ember. All frames in this game are viable for endgame and high level content. It depends on how you mod them based on their strengths. Learning the mod system and various stats and abilities of your chosen frames and weapons is the core of the game. There's a surprising amount of variety and depth here.

Don't worry too much about Mastery Rank right now, it's something that will increase naturally as you keep leveling new frames and weapons (note that duplicates don't count). Focus on clearing the map nodes for now and getting parts and materials for Rhino or something else. Rhino is a great frame for learning as well as mid-level content because it's extremely tanky and the abilities are very straightforward.

Also, I would suggest not spending too much time on Cetus and Plains of Eidolon on Earth. It's an unique experience but something that might be better done later. You can do low level bounties and stuff but the current rewards are not good enough for the amount of time it usually takes. You'll be better off doing the other missions and earning more or less similar rewards in lesser time.

Check the Market for any weapon blueprints you can buy and start crafting them. That way you'll have more variety in the arsenal as well as get mastery XP. If you like a weapon, keep it. If not, delete it so the slot can be reused. Inventory slots are the only thing in the game that are locked behind platinum so use them wisely.

Ok, there is one quest on earth which requires Archwing as a pre-requisite. I have checked all other nodes on earth and didn't find any archwing quest in there. I checked under Codex -> Universe and found some archwings but it just displays the abilities(??? if that's what you call it). Is this something that I have to grab a blueprint of and farm materials to craft it?

13 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

But twitch prime is paid right? I do not want to pay for that service.

Does free trial count towards prime subscription and make me eligible to claim those frames?

Yes, it's paid service. However, you can use the free trial for a month and get the rewards. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Also, there is this drone like thing hovering over other players warframe and it attacks enemies too. What the hell is that? How do I obtain it?

It's called a Sentinel. It acts as a companion. As you progress through the game, you'll get access to one to craft. And later on, you can craft many others. 

11 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Ok, there is one quest on earth which requires Archwing as a pre-requisite. I have checked all other nodes on earth and didn't find any archwing quest in there. I checked under Codex -> Universe and found some archwings but it just displays the abilities(??? if that's what you call it). Is this something that I have to grab a blueprint of and farm materials to craft it?

Archwing will unlock naturally as you play further. There's a quest that gets unlocked I think at Mastery Rank 2 and if I'm not mistaken you have to progress up to Mars. So keep working on that Galaxy Map!

• 4 weeks later...