Warframe

Ichigo Uzumaki

Crafted my first ever sniper rifles in the game (Vectis and Rubico) and took them for a spin in the Plains. Not impressed with Rubico at all but the Vectis is a beast! Makes a very satisfying thump every time you shoot and I found it to be very effective in the Plains. I might potato and forma it as it doesn't seem like the Prime version is a big upgrade over the standard one.

Also now that I've done pretty much all the story quests I should start doing the daily sorties. Need to put together a solid endgame build first though. I have a truckload of stuff in my inventory but I can't say any of it is optimized for endgame apart from my 4-forma Soma Prime.

3 hours ago, Tyler said:

Crafted my first ever sniper rifles in the game (Vectis and Rubico) and took them for a spin in the Plains. Not impressed with Rubico at all but the Vectis is a beast! Makes a very satisfying thump every time you shoot and I found it to be very effective in the Plains. I might potato and forma it as it doesn't seem like the Prime version is a big upgrade over the standard one.

Also now that I've done pretty much all the story quests I should start doing the daily sorties. Need to put together a solid endgame build first though. I have a truckload of stuff in my inventory but I can't say any of it is optimized for endgame apart from my 4-forma Soma Prime.

Rubico is good if you can get hold of a Riven Mod for it. Otherwise, it's pretty bad. Vectis is pretty good. I have the Prime version of it still have to forma it couple of times. Got hold of Soma Prime today. Have to start working on it.

Are you playing on console or PC?

15 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Are you playing on console or PC?

PC. I've been playing it since it was single tileset with a handful of repetitive missions. It's amazing how far it has come. I remember so many people writing it off completely back then. I took a break last year (which is why I'm behind on some of the content) but decided to come back earlier this year. Out of all the loot grind games I regularly play (Destiny, The Division, Diablo 3, Path of Exile), I'd say Warframe is the best and DE keeps finding ways to keep pulling people back in.

BTW, thanks for The Index tip, it's extremely lucrative for farming credits even on the lowest risk level. Somehow I didn't know it was a thing until now. I'm now just 25k standing away from maxing Steel Meridian. I can also finally max out some of the ridiculously expensive mods. Endo is not a problem thanks to the hundreds of dupes I have amassed over the years.

I suppose that's true, after playing for years I have a pile of resources to spend, except when the build requires argon crystals...

Anyway, Chroma, Nezha and Nova Prime in the oven! Nova used to be my favorite frame back when M.Prime was OP af but I think she's still pretty good.

Edited by Tyler

3 hours ago, Tyler said:

I suppose that's true, after playing for years I have a pile of resources to spend, except when the build requires argon crystals...

Anyway, Chroma, Nezha and Nova Prime in the oven! Nova used to be my favorite frame back when M.Prime was OP af but I think she's still pretty good.

You should check out Oberon and Hydroid.Both have received a buff recently. Nova P is still good but since she is vaulted now so many ppl don't have access to her.

7 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

You should check out Oberon and Hydroid.Both have received a buff recently. Nova P is still good but since she is vaulted now so many ppl don't have access to her.

Yeah I'm playing Hydroid currently, I love it. Need to give Oberon another shot, I found him to be "just okay" before, I love the new Hallowed Ground visual effect btw.

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

Yeah I'm playing Hydroid currently, I love it. Need to give Oberon another shot, I found him to be "just okay" before, I love the new Hallowed Ground visual effect btw.

Both Phoenix Renewal and Hallowed Ground are good.

• 3 weeks later...

So close to finally building what is probably the most interesting frame in the game right now - Octavia.

Just need to farm about 800 kuva. I really liked her questline btw, the final mission was a bit on the longer side but at least the platforming was easy enough (and I generally hate platforming-based missions).

Also working on my EV Trinity Prime build, need a couple more forma before it's ready.

BTW, it's sad that the interest level for this game on this forum is so low. I guess it's the barrier of entry and how absurdly complex the whole thing feels at first. I hope people aren't dismissing this because it's "another free to play game" because it's clearly the dark horse in the loot shooter genre. It's basically what games like Destiny and The Division want to become. Even with so many games out right now (which are already downloaded and ready to play), I still end up ignoring them and playing Warframe every day.

34 minutes ago, Tyler said:

BTW, it's sad that the interest level for this game on this forum is so low. I guess it's the barrier of entry and how absurdly complex the whole thing feels at first. I hope people aren't dismissing this because it's "another free to play game" because it's clearly the dark horse in the loot shooter genre. It's basically what games like Destiny and The Division want to become.

Probably because 

1. it has not been marketed as such
  2. no interest because lel check point 1 
  3. people like curated, stifling experiences here and will pay hand over fist for a marketed experience rather than get something like this 

True, but it's been getting decent coverage ever since the last expansion was unveiled, I'm seeing a lot of new player influx in-game as well. Besides the game has been a mainstay in the Steam top played games for a long time.

I think that's a problem too. The gameplay in the first few hours is not representative of the entire game at all. There's a ton of variety in how each frame and weapon plays as well as mission types (and now an open world zone as well - with more to come). And that is not even counting the story driven quests. The game has been evolving every few months consistently. I have over 500 hours in it now and there's still a lot I haven't done.

That said, you really need a friend who can guide you, if you play solo it's likely to frustrate and overwhelm you before you even get to the meat of the game.

51 minutes ago, adity said:

I tried to get into it but didn't find the core gameplay loop too fun. I think there must be other people who felt the same. 

What I meant by the word 'curated'. Lots of these games are super janky early on and definitely horrible experiences if you are going in solo without a solid reason to stay invested. 

I played War Thunder alone initially mostly for the military vehicles. Dropped it and only picked it after EA burnt the Battlefield franchise to the ground. 

@adity You could have played with me. I remembered you had asked me how the game is. Early game it definitely feels like a grind but as you progress you'll start liking it. I have 700+ hrs in the game and i have just scratched the surface of it.

I would love to try out war frame or even destiny for that matter but lack of time is what stops me from doing it. I am not a fan of scripted experiences but thinking of investing hundreds of hours into a single game means I will miss out on a lot of other games(I agree that some are mediocre). If I get a chance to increase my weekly game time,I may try out war frame.

Edited by b!T

1 hour ago, b!T said:

I would love to try out war frame or even destiny for that matter but lack of time is what stops me from doing it. I am not a fan of scripted experiences but thinking of investing hundreds of hours into a single game means I will miss out on a lot of other games(I agree that some are mediocre). If I get a chance to increase my weekly game time,I may try out war frame.

Try warframe before destiny.

3 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Started this game 2 days ago, finished the VoR tutorial mission and couple of other missions. Now, no idea what to do.

I guess you must have done the Vor's Prize quest. So now, clear the nodes on the planet and move to the next one. There is a codex station in your orbiter. Check what quests you need to complete and have you completed the

prerequisites to qualify for that quest.

If you are thinking of playing this for a long time, you should join a clan. It'll be helpful.

Edited by Agent 47