Rise of the Tomb Raider

playstation

Zodak- Gear of war 4 has been widely praised for it's campaign, and we know nothing about GOW. It's semi open world as far as I've read, but if it really is open world then i would reckon it will get boring as f**k after a few hours. There are so many open world games now , we really need some good linear games. Games like TR , UC, Gears, God of war, KH, etc need to be linear because that is where they shine.

Frankly, if there are no more linear games, people like me will stop gaming altogether. And I believe there are a lot of people who will feel the same way.

Ek hi discussion din bhar,kam nahin hai tum logon Ko.

Sir...yeh zodak aake ungli karta hai and phir mera se bhi control nahi hota hai and i end up replying back....isko 2-3 mahina ke liya banned karo.....asa bhi bohat time se banned nahi hua hai...

j/k :P

Yeah the only reason I found RoTR somewhat enjoyable is because how linear and straightforward it is. Kinda tired of this open world jank we've been getting this gen.

Also Gears 4 SP is fantastic, it gets the sh*t because of its predatory microtransactions and fked up horde more, and it deserves it.

Yeah the only reason I found RoTR somewhat enjoyable is because how linear and straightforward it is. Kinda tired of this open world jank we've been getting this gen.

Also Gears 4 SP is fantastic, it gets the sh*t because of its predatory microtransactions and fked up horde more, and it deserves it.

MP is super fun too, but ya f**k the microtransactions. I just play the Social Quickplay, it is just loads of fun, and never spend a single rupee :P

Yes, it's bad but now Iam level 60 and unlocked sh*t ton of skins nd all.. But still they should add a store and not just blind boxes for microtransactions .

Horde mode is best in the series if you remove microtransactions. Really like playing as Engineer.

MP is super fun too, but ya f**k the microtransactions. I just play the Social Quickplay, it is just loads of fun, and never spend a single rupee :P

There's no need to spend anything coz they charge mostly for cosmetic. Maps and modes are free.

They have increased gold currency payout in Horde. They are adjusting economy with every update.

Zodak- Gear of war 4 has been widely praised for it's campaign, and we know nothing about GOW. It's semi open world as far as I've read, but if it really is open world then i would reckon it will get boring as f**k after a few hours. There are so many open world games now , we really need some good linear games. Games like TR , UC, Gears, God of war, KH, etc need to be linear because that is where they shine.

Frankly, if there are no more linear games, people like me will stop gaming altogether. And I believe there are a lot of people who will feel the same way.

According to Cory Barlog - GOW is semi open world like ROTR, basically there are hub areas like TR to explore. It's not true open world like Skyrim nd all. So, don't worry, its's still linear in structure but with some optional side content nd all like ROTR.

GOW is completely changed. It's basically a reboot for series and that's why everyone is excited

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Done with the game. Really enjoyed it. The linearity made it enjoyable. There are some excellent set pieces.

I would have to say I agree with old time TR fans- this is an excellent action game but it doesn't capture the essence of original TR games. The focus is on action rather than exploring tombs.

Having said that the puzzles were good.

I really enjoyed the Baba Yaga tomb too.

I would say this game should definitely be on your list of games to play. 

• 2 weeks later...

DigitalFoundry: RotTR Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro First Look Graphics Comaprison

There are some interesting observations here - clearly, the top-end PC textures are incorporated into the Xbox One X version as expected (indeed, one shot even shows additional detail we couldn't replicate on PC).

Additionally, other changes have been made: on the plus side, PureHair (aka TressFX) seems to get an upgrade, but there's a puzzling downgrade in depth of field rendering. We'll have more on this title as soon as we can.

vlcsnap-2017-08-26-10l1s94.jpg

7XphzqI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

2017-08-26hlszc.png

Wow Holyshit

texture quality absolutely amazing on Xbox One X 

DigitalFoundry: RotTR Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro First Look Graphics Comaprison

There are some interesting observations here - clearly, the top-end PC textures are incorporated into the Xbox One X version as expected (indeed, one shot even shows additional detail we couldn't replicate on PC).

Additionally, other changes have been made: on the plus side, PureHair (aka TressFX) seems to get an upgrade, but there's a puzzling downgrade in depth of field rendering. We'll have more on this title as soon as we can.

7XphzqI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

2017-08-26hlszc.png

Wow Holyshit

Dude a post above i have posted the same video :doh:

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, sobbii said:

7XphzqI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

2017-08-26hlszc.png

Wow Holyshit

Dude a post above i have posted the same video :doh:

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Oh dekha nahi bhai.... Koi nahi just edit your post and remove that video  :)

DILUj6PXcAI8155.jpg

:rofl:

I wonder how many actually read and not just jump on screenshots. jfQ5u22.gif

2017-08-26hlszc.png

The PS4 Pro version uses DoF and hence the blur in the above image. 

As for the "performance" don't forget that there won't be a difference when you choose FPS option, which most do.

The high frame-rate option.

This drops back the quality to base PS4/Xbox One equivalent settings and unlocks performance, diverting the Scorpio Engine's power to raw throughput.

4k native 30
4K Temporal upscaling 30fps
1080p 60fps

Not really impressive for a 2-year-old game on a brand new TRUE 4K machine. jfQ5u22.gif 

Last, the PC screenshots are fabricated to market Xbox One X. This is how it actually looks on PC.

kTFIlkU.png

9n026aF.jpg

DF should stick to analyzing exclusive and stop with half arsed tech analysis. 

Archived