Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CarbonCore

PS3 FAQ

1032 posts in this topic

I've ruled out blutooth headphones as a whole bro. The thing is, even after paying that much, we still have to charge it. I'm too lazy when it comes to charging stuff......that's the reason my 360 controllers are wired :P

Since, a normal USB headphone should work, I'm preferring that over the blutooth ones. I just need to confirm if anyone in IVG is able to use in now

many ivgians like SA,noctis,etc etc use the wired headset bro....the voice clarity is pretty decent....u can ask them for queries if u have any

i personally prefer a bluetooth headset cos i can sit a distance from the screen,but then again i haven't used a wired headset for the ps3....so i can't judge b/w the two in terms of clarity

Edited by kold

if u use a headphones with mic for the PC .......u can use that with the ps3 too....u'll just need a usb attachement

Thanks bro.....I think it's best to settle for the dongle like you said. I was just afraid that sony might've dropped the support for it after all this CFW mayhem.

Thanks bro.....I think it's best to settle for the dongle like you said. I was just afraid that sony might've dropped the support for it after all this CFW mayhem.

The won't drop the support for USB sound cards because that is the only way to connect wired headsets for voice chat to PS3. A USB headset is the same thing as USB dongle + normal headset, just that in usb headset, the circuit of the dongle (i.e., the sound card) resides inside the headset itself. So, there is no way they can detect whether it is a USB sound card or USB headset connected to the PS3 (Well, technically, they can find out if you connected a USB sound card without the headphone attached).

Anyways, don't be :ko: 'ed by all the jargon above. Buy a USB headset or a USB sound card + normal headset. It will work.

Edited by Shantz

The won't drop the support for USB sound cards because that is the only way to connect wired headsets for voice chat to PS3. A USB headset is the same thing as USB dongle + normal headset, just that in usb headset, the circuit of the dongle (i.e., the sound card) resides inside the headset itself. So, there is no way they can detect whether it is a USB sound card or USB headset connected to the PS3 (Well, technically, they can find out if you connected a USB sound card without the headphone attached).

Anyways, don't be :ko: 'ed by all the jargon above. Buy a USB headset or a USB sound card + normal headset. It will work.

Ah.....don't worry bro.....it's not jargon to me

Got it clear, USB headphones it is then :thumbsup:

Edited by devil_angel

Guys, finally got a mic. Had to settle for a bluetooth mic coz USB ones were too costly :wallbash:

How does the mic thing work? I've been used to manual mics (where you press a button to talk).....using this one I just converse as if on a phone call. Does it filter in my voice alone or all background sounds (including other's voices) is heard at the other endl? just wanted to know :huh:

Oh, and what do you think is a decent price for a bluetooth mic? :fear:

Decent price 700-1500 IMO, Which one did you get ? Nokia liya kya ? :panic:

okay....now don't kill me..... I got mine for 300

:rofl:

Good good :P Your voice should sound squeaky like a bitch for 300 :rant: in the headset I mean, errr :harhar:

well.....there's a voice enhancer in the PS3 you know?

I can make my voice sound whatever I want :naughty:

Can anyone give a full tutorial for how to connect net to PS3 via USB modem or cell Modem.

Whats gadgets and wires will be required..??

Can anyone give a full tutorial for how to connect net to PS3 via USB modem or cell Modem.

Whats gadgets and wires will be required..??

AFAIK

you can use only a physical LAN connection or wifi to connect ps3 to the net. USB modems or cell Connection through USB wont work.

But you can connect your usb modem to a pc and share the connection through the pc.