[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Guys. Need to buy a fast AC router for office purpose. I was looking at ASUS AC5300. I need some suggestions. I also want to know if any router has international warranty. Since all routers in USA has very cheap price compared to indian price.

Wow thoroughly satisfied with WD's RMA service..got a brand new drive today delivered to my address within just 6 days!

I know right!!! I got a 500 GB Passport HDD Replaced with a 750GB HDD. Now that is customer service!

Okay guys I'm back with the prices enquiry :D`

How much does the i3 6100, 8GB DDR4 RAM, HDD 7200RPMs, GTX 1050Ti/1060/RX480 and other essential components cost locally in your area? Same as online (I use Amazon) or lower or higher?

I couldn't buy the PC earlier due to unavoidable circumstances viz. demonetization and other reasons.

Some benchmark results of the new AMD Ryzen are doing rounds on the net and also AMD's new GPUs. I'm now confused whether I should wait for Ryzen/Kabylake or go ahead with older Skylake. I probably won't go for the i5's.

Darn technology things. >_<

How much does the i3 6100, 8GB DDR4 RAM, HDD 7200RPMs, GTX 1050Ti/1060/RX480 and other essential components cost locally in your area? Same as online (I use Amazon) or lower or higher?

I couldn't buy the PC earlier due to unavoidable circumstances viz. demonetization and other reasons.

Some benchmark results of the new AMD Ryzen are doing rounds on the net and also AMD's new GPUs. I'm now confused whether I should wait for Ryzen/Kabylake or go ahead with older Skylake. I probably won't go for the i5's.

Wait for Kaby Lake / Ryzen.

Cost of all components apart from CPU would be cheaper locally than on Amazon. Alternate is to purchase the components from a reliable brick-mortar stores e-store (M.D., TheITDepot etc.).

VEGA is not coming anytime soon. If you are going to purchase a GPU, get the RX470 or above. GTX1050Ti is good only if you have a strictly sub-15,000/- budget.

Yeah i3+1050Ti is a fantastic budget gaming combination. Rx470 would be even better though. No point in waiting for Zen. Its 3-4 months away and probably will be overpriced in India. Kaby Lake is already out so i3-7100 would be a good option along with rx470 or 1050Ti or even 1060 6gb if you can afford it.

Yeah i3+1050Ti is a fantastic budget gaming combination. Rx470 would be even better though. No point in waiting for Zen. Its 3-4 months away and probably will be overpriced in India. Kaby Lake is already out so i3-7100 would be a good option along with rx470 or 1050Ti or even 1060 6gb if you can afford it.

Considering the unlocked i3 is not available, no point.

Also, price of a good Z270 board is quiet expensive. H series boards are not even in circulation.

Wait for Ryzen now. You should be able to get 4C/8T CPU around 10-12K.

what do u want to do with the rig ? in the 1st place

Gaming obviously. 1080p 60fps. But not like those "extreme graphics" people.

No point in waiting for Zen. Its 3-4 months away and probably will be overpriced in India.

This is what i fear. We have no idea what's coming. With all the hype AMD may just officially launch it next month. If yes I want to wait because I would like to have a true quad core capable of giving Intel i3 a fair battle. And if I get it I want to stream someday. This is another problem with my requirement.

Also, price of a good Z270 board is quiet expensive. H series boards are not even in circulation.

One of the things which is giving me paranoia. Its sounding to be expensive for "budget" gamers.

If there is a price cut on the Skylake then I would love to get it.

If you ever visit Nehru Place please ask aroujd for Skylake and GTX/RX prices.

I have the money ready. Just waiting for this hype sh*t to settle down.

Wait for Ryzen now. You should be able to get 4C/8T CPU around 10-12K.

Lol high hopes. How are you so sure? Don't forget the original pricing of their RX GPUs lmao. Not that I wouldn't mind. I just don't expect so much. Edited by SonicDave

^ Yes I understand the pricing factor. If you want to know the pricing of the stuff, I will let you know in a day or two.

GPU prices have settled down pretty much. I would strongly suggest an RX470 if you can pick it up south of ~17000/- for a custom design 4GB card. Else an RX480 (8GB) for ~22500/- should be a good deal too. Alternately you can go with the ZOTAC! GTX1060 ~23000/- for their custom board.

I doubt Sky Lake CPU's will get any major price cuts until their supply is so short in the market that whatever stock is left in supply has to be flushed out. Only the motherboards will see a readjustment in their prices.

linustech say always go with i5 1080p gaming 1050ti will serve u long or rx series 4gb depends on u

mobo asus

seasonic as alpha always suggest

for starter air cooling is fine

plus kl ryzen they r jus gimmick 4 sale theyvwont be much difference when comes to performance save money repurchase when u desp need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linustech say always go with i5 1080p gaming

No doubt but some people have budget issues my man. i3 with its quad threads can handle 1080p gaming just fine. However when it comes to streaming its a different matter. I've seen people stream on i3 setups but assume it will barely be enough especially if you want to run multiple softwares.

plus kl ryzen they r jus gimmick 4 sale theyvwont be much difference when comes to performance

I think you misunderstood whatever you might have heard. There is not "much difference" only when you compare an existing generation product to its successor, this is for upgrades from Ivy to Haswell, Haswell to Skylake and Skylake to Kabylake. But for a new PC, like in my case, newer is better yeah. I had been gaming on an AMD A8 laptop for the last 3-4 years so it will be a brand new experience and I wouldn't mind the upcoming Kabylake/Ryzen chip. Just don't know what to expect. I'm more interested in Ryzen than Kabylake for now because of its 4C/8T chips. And if what our assumptions about the pricing is true then Kabylake will be of no use to me. Can't wait that long.

Can anyone suggest me a good mini pc with following config.

i5/i7 processor

8gb ram or more

1tb HDD

I was looking at vivomini. But that's not available in India. Only US. So thought of assembling myself or via an engineer.

My main purpose for the above PC is office work. Want it to be snappy fast. I will buy a 15" monitor for 5k.

My Budget excluding Monitor is 30000.

Lol high hopes. How are you so sure? Don't forget the original pricing of their RX GPUs lmao. Not that I wouldn't mind. I just don't expect so much.

Ryzen 4C/8T would compete with i3 7100 whose price is 10.5k on ebay right now, so 12k would be the sweet spot as ryzen won't have inbuilt graphics, this should be the launch price in USA, else their stock will become the penny again which currently have grown 10 times in last year alone. Also, considering PS4 available in $220 there in deals :D. Indian dealers will definitely inflate the launch price here.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intel-7th-Gen-Core-i3-7100-Processor-LGA1151-3M-Cache-up-to-3-90-GHz-/291993830898?hash=item43fc3045f2:g:hJoAAOSwEzxYcKn4

Can anyone suggest me a good mini pc with following config.

i5/i7 processor

8gb ram or more

1tb HDD

I was looking at vivomini. But that's not available in India. Only US. So thought of assembling myself or via an engineer.

My main purpose for the above PC is office work. Want it to be snappy fast. I will buy a 15" monitor for 5k.

Any reason for wanting it to be mini, if you can drop that pre-requisite we can look into a decently compact µATX build in that price point.

Also, any reason for going with a Core i7 / Core i5.

Edited by ALPHA17

Any reason for wanting it to be mini, if you can drop that pre-requisite we can look into a decently compact µATX build in that price point.

Also, any reason for going with a Core i7 / Core i5.

Mini pc because I don't want the office to be filled with CPU's. It takes significant space. Mini pc can be mounted on the table below and save leg space. And for i5/i7 because I had used i3 desktop and laptop before my office went for complete renovation. And it was so slow that I literally wanted to destroy it. So want a snappy fast computer. I did read that i3 2120 is a good processor but for heavy multitasking and such applications requires a good processor. Mine is a CA firm btw. So we usually use softwares for accounting and return filing.

How much RAM was on those PC's and how old were the hard-drives. I am surprised that a Core i3 cannot handle your needs when most office computers are just dual-core Pentiums with the bare minimums in place for running stuff like Tally.

By the way, if you are interested in a Core i7 shoebox PC, it would be difficult since the concept is dead here and NUC's which would be your logical options are rare and far between and consequently expensive to purchase and maintain.

How much RAM was on those PC's and how old were the hard-drives. I am surprised that a Core i3 cannot handle your needs when most office computers are just dual-core Pentiums with the bare minimums in place for running stuff like Tally.

By the way, if you are interested in a Core i7 shoebox PC, it would be difficult since the concept is dead here and NUC's which would be your logical options are rare and far between and consequently expensive to purchase and maintain.

thus thinking of buying in bulk from US. It costs 26k for Vivomini. It has i7 processor 6700k and 8gb ram. 1tb HDD.

Btw tally is one software. We also use Various other softwares for office.

Btw ram was 4gb. Since my windows was 7 32bit

Edited by djanuj

Btw I really liked this model http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00SD9IS1S/ just one question can I change HDD and ram?