[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Can someone update us with the current street price of the GTX 1050/Ti, RX 470 4GB and RX 480 4GB from different manufacturers please? Has there been any significant change?

Also street price of the Ryzen 5 prcoessors. Not online rates please. Want to see the difference in pricing.

Uh! No.

Again, no. Getting a 4GB GTX960 does nothing in the frame-rate department and it would not get better over time since the card is anyway incapable of performing well at resolutions over 1080p. The only advantage one gets by getting the higher frame buffer cards is if they are looking to play older games like SKYRIM with a lot of texture mods.

Ok fair enough. But personally I would choose rx470 8gb over rx480 4gb. I guess its about personal preference because to me double vram is more important than 10% faster performance.Other people may have different priorities.

Can someone update us with the current street price of the GTX 1050/Ti, RX 470 4GB and RX 480 4GB from different manufacturers please? Has there been any significant change?

Also street price of the Ryzen 5 prcoessors. Not online rates please. Want to see the difference in pricing.

Mdcomputer and Primeabgb pricing is pretty similar as Street prices.

So 1050Ti - 12k for zotac mini

1050 2gb - 9.5k

RX460 2gb - 9k, 4gb - 11k

Rx 4704gb - 16k, 8gb - 18k

Rx 480 4gb - 19k, 8gb - 21k

Primeabgb doesn't even negotiate prices when you go to their store.

Other unknown stores are a little bit cheaper but i wouldn't risk buying from them as they seem shady.

Thanks dude. While I was in Delhi I would regularly go to Nehru Place market to get the latest price rates lmao.

Yeah primeabgb prices are on the higher side. mdcomputers people gave me different quotations from their online prices the last time I asked them. I'll send someone to NP to get the pricelist.

Guys, I've been trying to get a Haswell i7 for the last 2 months. Haven't been able to get any success through trade sections on tech forums.

Any alternatives will be much appreciated.

Saw a brand new 4970 non K on Amazon at 20K but didn't seem worth it as my current 4670 will not go out for more than 10K.

Thoughts ?

Not looking to do a full system overhaul. Just the CPU - it's a LGA 1150 socket, max it can do is 4790

Why not sell the old CPU, board and RAM? And get new models in brand new or used?

I don't think upgrading only the CPU that too an old socket is worth it. New one will definitely not be worth it seeing as they are still asking for a premium price. And the chances of finding used ones on sale is slim to none. Will be a tough upgrade.

Why not sell the old CPU, board and RAM? And get new models in brand new or used?

I don't think upgrading only the CPU that too an old socket is worth it. New one will definitely not be worth it seeing as they are still asking for a premium price. And the chances of finding used ones on sale is slim to none. Will be a tough upgrade.

Buying a Ps4 pro next month. So don't have enough cash to spare -- plus i have a rx470 so even a overhaul will not do much; looking at i7 just for multithreaded games / apps :P

will keep checking the sale threads

Yeah, I came to say "I take back what I said" lol. Too much for upgrade and we'll be seeing 8th gen Intel soon heh.

How is this keyboard

Texet MK2 Wired USB Gaming Keyboard

http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/texet-mk2-wired-usb-gaming-keyboard/p/itmer6xbrvgygpbz?pid=ACCER6XAYCR6XM54&cmpid=product.share.pp <-- reviews say this has cherry MX blue switch. Only thing is it's not rgb and cannot set same colour for all keys etc.

If this is not good then will go for motospeed ck108.

How is this keyboard

Texet MK2 Wired USB Gaming Keyboard

http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/texet-mk2-wired-usb-gaming-keyboard/p/itmer6xbrvgygpbz?pid=ACCER6XAYCR6XM54&cmpid=product.share.pp <-- reviews say this has cherry MX blue switch. Only thing is it's not rgb and cannot set same colour for all keys etc.

I cannot open fk from phone, no app. But the description in its official site (?) here doesn't mention any "Cherry MX Blue", only " real mechanical switches."

It doesn't seem to be RGB's but dedicated single LED colour for the keys on each row.

TBH I won't be able to know about the quality of peripherals made by non-mainstream brands without using them first. Online reviews posted by casual users are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I cannot open fk from phone, no app. But the description in its official site (?) here doesn't mention any "Cherry MX Blue", only " real mechanical switches."

It doesn't seem to be RGB's but dedicated single LED colour for the keys on each row.

TBH I won't be able to know about the quality of peripherals made by non-mainstream brands without using them first. Online reviews posted by casual users are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Ok. But is it good compared to semi membrane keyboards? If not then will go for motospeed ck108. Only issue is Warranty. I don't know what to do if the keyboard stops working. Since it's an expensive purchase.

The switches are not being mentioned so can't say anything. Quality wise generally, mech>semi-mech. I'm personally in favour of the Motospeed as they said that they will do something about the Indian warranty when they officially launch it.

Alpha bruh,good external hdd?Reasonable price?

Suggestions?

WD elements. Or Seagate. Both are good. Seagate one you can also use it internal by removing enclosure. Wd one HDD is soldered so you cannot reuse.

WD elements. Or Seagate. Both are good. Seagate one you can also use it internal by removing enclosure. Wd one HDD is soldered so you cannot reuse.

Seagate also has a higher failure rate and does not have international warranty.

• Like 1

I bought steamlink and connected wirelessly with my crappy router TP-Link WR740N . Steamlink cant even stream youtube video without lagging and stuttering . What is the best budger router i can buy to have a good experience . My main pc is on first floor and my T.v is on ground floor .