[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

^ No voltage does not get divided, it will function normally.

Btw I recently​ came across this issue which is serious according to many users. There was a report that 1070 with micron chip is unstable and better to RMA it. Samsung chip is much better. I checked my G1 Gaming 1070 and found mine is also micron. And there are many horror stories about artifacts etc on such GPU. Since I have exams so have not checked the same thoroughly but do you think I should RMA it just incase.

^ Do not RMA if you do not have proof.

Indian ops are rather tight on issues and if they cannot replicate the problem on their end, no RMA.

• Like 1

Golccha is good but expensive. So be prepared for that.

Aye you're right! Their pricing sounds like SMC's :lol:.

I am a regular at Aashirwad. Not sure about their pricing, staff is courteous there, Golccha seemed rude to me for some reason haha :lol:

also any rates these shops quote are minus taxes so do your math.

Dang I didn't think about that. golcha gave me a quotation and it was high. if its without taxes then oops! Are the rates always high in Bangalore or is only at Golcha's?

Is Aashirwad the name of the store? Also on the list is Ankit Infotech.

Do any of you have their contact numbers? Want to confirm the prices before sending someone over.

Update: this is how Golcha rep replied:

1. Ryzen 5 1500X/1600X cpu RS 15500/ 17500 1600 RS 15500 2. Gigabyte

GA-AB350M-D3H motherboard RS 8000 3. Intel Pentium G4560 cpuRS 4200 4.

Intel H110 motherboardRS 4000/ B250 RS 8000 5. LG

22MP68Q monitorRS 10500+

6. Seasonic M12II 520/620 EVORS 5500

VAT5.5%

Poor formatting I'm aware. But read this.

Two of the three CPUs cost 15500rs.

1. Ryzen 5 1500X~ 15500

2. Ryzen 5 1600X~ 17500

3. Ryzen 5 1600~ 15500

4. Gigabyte GA-AB350M-D3H motherboard~ 8000

5. Intel Pentium/G4560 cpu ~4200

6. Intel H110 motherboard ~4000/ B250 ~8000

7. LG 22MP68Q monitor ~10500+

6. Seasonic M12II 520/620 EVO ~5500.

VAT of 5.5% extra.

Apparently both the R5 1500X and R5 1600 cost 15500rs.

Now on furthering enquiries, since I was confused as to which product the price was given for, he said:

M11 520/620 6000rs

That's what he said so I asked again, and he replied M12II 620 for 6500rs.

So the PSU's have three different pricing, 5500rs, 6000rs and also 6500rs.

Meanwhile I asked about the monitor again and he said 8300rs+ tax. For some reason the price dropped by 2000rs lol.

I think the best way to contact them is going to their store. Talking with them through email is confusing. Phones might be worse since you won't have proof of what they said in case of lower pricing or they will claim to not remember it.

Guys. My internet is broadband and for past few weeks getting bad speed. I mean it shows full speed when checking speed test but the game speed like Bf1 BF4 Titanfall 2 etc which I was able to play before without issues now are unplayable. I hardly get any servers to play etc. Spoke to my ISP and was asked to reset my router. It did fix some issues but I still face the high ping issue even when playing with Hong Kong server which I used to get around 95 but now get more than 250. The ISP suggested installing "1000mbps gigabit switch" which will solve my issue. So basically my connection is like this

ISP Fiberwire to my building terrace. Then a converter which converts Fiberwire to ethernet and a switch which extend the Ethernet from building terrace to my apartment. Now I am asked to install a switch in my apartment which will then connect to my Router R7000. What should I do? Should I buy one. If yes then how much it costs. I saw few switches. Zyxel is selling for 800. TP link for 1499 and Digisol for 1245.

Also what is Poe Splitter. While searching for Switch I came to Tplink Poe which also showed 1000mbps etc. The price is cheaper than actual switch. Is that an alternative?

Guys, going for 1080p pc and here is my list https://pcpartpicker.com/user/GadgetGaming/saved/gnwbvK

Looking for feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram I would suggest hyperx or Corsair vengeance. Don't go for tforce. I never heard of it and don't know how good it is. But you are paying almost the same price. Corsair costs 135$ to 140$. For 3200mhz frequency.

I will be buying in EU also would appreciate your advice between RX 580 8GB vs 1060 6GB.

Thanks

Swap that motherboard out for an ASUS or GIGABYTE model.

Same with the RAM, switch to Kingston, Corsair, G.Skill, Crucial but never heard of this brand you shortlisted.

For the GPU it is between the RX570, RX480 or GTX1060. Avoid the RX580, it performs better but requires way too much power for that performance.

@alpha17 is this true every hdd from any brand has 1 year warranty not 3 ? internal or external

which brand should go for ?

No, only Green Edition drives have a single year warranty, Blue's have two, Black Editions and High-Performance variants between three to five.

I would go for Western Digital in a pinch otherwise SAMSUNG or Hitachi.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Swap that motherboard out for an ASUS or GIGABYTE model.

Same with the RAM, switch to Kingston, Corsair, G.Skill, Crucial but never heard of this brand you shortlisted.

For the GPU it is between the RX570, RX480 or GTX1060. Avoid the RX580, it performs better but requires way too much power for that performance.

Thanks for the advice, I was also considering DX12 and Freesync support for RX580 and I wanted to support AMD as well but you got a valid point on power consumption.

I will keep in mind.

Edited by MGG

Thanks for the advice, I was also considering DX12 and Freesync support for RX580 and I wanted to support AMD as well but you got a valid point on power consumption.

If you are getting a FreeSync monitor, go with it by all means. See if FreeSync 2.0 standard monitors are available in your area and at what price-point.

I need to build a very basic PC for a relative. They have a small kid and the usage will be just internet and some movies. Budget is around 20k.

I could go for the usual Intel G3240 build and it would fit nicely in the budget but I was curious what other options are there. Specifically like a mini PC? Anyone have any experience with those? Or maybe a Raspberry pi if I can smack Windows on it?

^ Raspberry Pi is not ideal since it is more of a developers/tinkerers tool than a stable, also the full-fat Windows 10 will not run on it anyway.

What I would suggest is you go for the Intel build if possible. Right now that is the most effective and relatively cheap build capable of everything. If you want quotes or want the final product shipped to your doorstep please PM. =]

I need to build a very basic PC for a relative. They have a small kid and the usage will be just internet and some movies. Budget is around 20k.

I could go for the usual Intel G3240 build and it would fit nicely in the budget but I was curious what other options are there. Specifically like a mini PC? Anyone have any experience with those? Or maybe a Raspberry pi if I can smack Windows on it?

Or just buy this.

https://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-celeron-dual-core-4-gb-ddr3-1-tb-free-dos/p/itmes9kguqgk2fax?pid=AIOES9K9GD4VZGQB&srno=b_1_1&otracker=browse&lid=LSTAIOES9K9GD4VZGQBNJ8YD8

What about Intel compute stick for Price: 10,296.00 @amazon