[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Guys I want to start investing in some Bitcoin mining/invest in Bitcoin Market/Hardware. What's the best and Cheapest way to do? I hear one can earn Bitcoin for free but electricity will be expensive. What else can be done? If I buy Bitcoins how can I increase my returns?

Guys I want to start investing in some Bitcoin mining/invest in Bitcoin Market/Hardware. What's the best and Cheapest way to do? I hear one can earn Bitcoin for free but electricity will be expensive. What else can be done? If I buy Bitcoins how can I increase my returns?

Firstly you can't mine Bitcoins anymore, that ship sailed 4-5 years ago. The complexity of Bitcoins is so difficult right now that nothing below dedicated ASCI mining equipment can mine it. And those specialized miners need huge investment. You can mine alt coins which are basically pump and dump coins to exchange for Bitcoins but even their profibility is not that good to justify the electricity and equipment cost. Not to mention that you risk blowing up your card.

The best bet if you want to get into Bitcoins would be to buy them. Though it's very volatile so do that on your own risk.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hello, 

For past few weeks I'm having issue where whenever I'm playing few games, and sometimes while just watching movies on it.

I had given the PC to local tech guys, but they said they found no issues, did general servicing and applied new cpu paste and gave it back.

I tried it at home and it worked for few hours then restarted.  Though after 3-4 restarts computer won't even turn on the display,

and I took it back and apparently there was RAM failure and had to get it replaced. I did insisted to them it was crashing at home so they decided to just see the status of it at home, and it did.  

They took the computer again for few days, and played games and apparently the computer was working fine all the time there. 

So it was given back to me, and it worked fine but started losing power once more here.

I thought maybe the Electrocity socket was faulty and plugged the computer into 4-5 different sockets yet problem still persists.  

Here are my current specs. 

Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Gigabyte H170M-D3H-CF

Zotac GeForce GTX 970

Corsair VS550

At this point every time I use it, it feels like it'll restart anytime so I don't tend to use it much as I don't want anything to get corrupted like RAM did. 

^ Check your Event Log and see what is going on. Is the game crashing during a specific time or just at random? 

Update your drivers and apply the latest patches. 

Finally, I have never recommended the Corsair VS series and I would really look into that after this entire process is through. 

P.S. -- Merging thread.

Edited by ALPHA17

I did check the event log, There is Critical Event-41 Kernel-Power System Rebooting without shutting down and Error Event 56, Application Pop Up Driver ACPI returned invalid ID for a child device (5) 

All the drivers are updated and patched. 

Even did a fresh installation of Windows and Updated it. 

As for PSU which one would be recommended? Most of the local tech shop always end up recommending Cosair/CM or Intex. =/ 

Though if it is an issue with PSU I'm looking at Antec VP550P.  

I did, try to find out before but apparently all I could get was threads on reddit or other forums where people either had to replace CPU, Motherboard, or PSU or updating bios. And replacing either of these fixed it. 
Though I do think 56 Description is new one, since it used to say "ACPI missing" or something on windows 10. 

I guess I'll try updating bios. 

Please do that and let us know. 

Also, I would advise you to install a software like CoreTemp and MSi Afterburner to monitor temperatures on your CPU and GPU.     

Try to borrow a PSU from service center/friend and test it for a couple of days. Usually restarts are because of memory (which you can diagnose using full Memtest) or a faulty PSU and rarely MB. Check temps too. Remove GFX card and run with onboard graphics if you have that option. Do you have UPS?

Sorry for late response.

I updated my motherboard BIOS, and issue is still here. 

I am using MSIAfterburner to check temps but most of the time system just crashes even before hitting 40c temp for both CPU and GPU. Usually at main menu or loading screen it crashes.

I did use the memtest and memory was not faulty, even did stress test of CPU-Z and it didn't crash. 

As for removing GFX, I did computer ran fine but I couldn't actually try out games that way. 

I do have Intex 725 UPS. Anyways I do notice that the times that computer restarts are either when it's taking too much load due to gaming or whenever there is voltage fluctuation. Though if I stop the power to UPS manually computer stays on.

Jeez, I don't care if I am being rude but WTF man, Intex UPS and corsair VS psu. What were you thinking. Change both of the them as soon as possible until then use pc directly from socket. VP550P V2 is a good budget buy. Make sure to get V2. Remove the cmos battery. Remove the ram and alternatively change socket, make sure to properly place the ram in slot. Remove the gpu and put it back in making sure it is sitting properly. Power cable of the psu check it if it's inserted properly.  Default the bios before starting windows. If the local genius applied too much paste and it has spread to where it shouldn't the pc turns itself off when it detects a major failure is imminent. Or they did not properly sitted the CPU cooler.  

Well, the PC is almost 2 years old now and the PSU has served well enough till now. For UPS, It's just something local guy gave for cheap since my old one was almost 6+ years old and was giving alot of issues even with battery change. 

For the PSU, is this the V2 one or not? https://www.amazon.in/ANTEC-VP550P-Computer-Supply-Continuous/dp/B00HEYWK76/  

Anyways for everything else, I've tired RAM in both first and fourth slot, GPU is sitting properly, and power cable which I've also changed. 

The issue of PC restarting/losing power has been here for few weeks before applying new paste/cooler so I don't think that's the issue. 

I could try to buy new PSU, but as I said in previous post that local guys were able to us my computer and play games in it for fine, even I did for good 1 hour there while it crashes at home. I've tried plugging system in at different power socket, went to living room where Home Theater system is connected to Stabilizer and put PC there instead and it still loses power and only thing that was running was Monitor and System.  

I haven't extensively tested it with Onboard. 

I did ran it with onboard for few hours but during that time there was no crash.

With GPU it doesn't really crashes that much either except whenever there is voltage fluctuation (I think). 

I can atleast tell there is one during night time since tubelight goes off for half a second.

Also on some days, lets say I haven't played any games for a while. The computer will run fine for few minutes before losing power, instead of just losing power in main-menu/loading screen. 

Are there any benchmarks that'd stress my entire PC at same time, instead of just CPU/GPU/RAM? Aside from playing games? 

Tried playing WRC7 again, at no time did my temp for GPU, CPU1-4 went above 40c but just hitting main menu caused a power-loss into restart. 

Edited by DivineDragon

Don't know what latest benchmark tools are. Back in my days I used 3DMark, Sifsoft Sandra, PCMark and Furmark (for OpenGL). All basic/free versions. Watch out for temperatures when using benchmark tools.

Coming to your case. My previous UPS couldn't sustain my PC load and used to restart the system during power outages. Bypass UPS and see how it goes but most likely your PSU might be the culprit here.