[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

I'll try them all individually and will watch out for temps.

For UPS, during power outage, my computer works fine that's the thing. I can directly turn off power to UPS so it stays on battery mode, or power outages and my computer won't go into power-loss restart state. It does go to it if there is voltage fluctuation or when computer asks for too much power. Even did with UPS removed same issue. I had PC directly plugged it onto AC Stabilizer, other power points.

I do think it is most likely PSU problem as well, but I want to exhaust all other options before going for a new one since I've read online how this could also be Faulty CPU/Motherboard. 

Still, It just comes back to my point, "Why is this only happening at my home? It worked fine at local tech guys shop?"  

I've scheduled for electrician as well, but I feel that wires in house are fine. =/ 

So my PS3 controller isnt responding when connecting, not does it charge..Checked the battery with a local TV repair shop to check the power on the battery and it seems like battery is fine but low on power reception , also that shouldnt be an issue playing on PC but it isnt responding whatsoever.. Tried resetting it, connecting it to a mobile charger to see whether that works but nothing...It was working real fine few days ago , no hiccups at all..Any help would be appreciated...The controller is used on PC using SCP software..

Edited by funnyadit

^- unsure on this, but few months back used to have same issue until I found out it kept getting auto-disabled for some reason. Look in your Device Manager and see if gamepad is enabled.

Also could be an issue on it's USB. Had same issue with one of my older DS4 controllers. 

Does the controller still works on a PS3? 

1 minute ago, DivineDragon said:

^- unsure on this, but few months back used to have same issue until I found out it kept getting auto-disabled for some reason. Look in your Device Manager and see if gamepad is enabled.

Also could be an issue on it's USB. Had same issue with one of my older DS4 controllers. 

Does the controller still works on a PS3? 

Dont have the PS3 anymore , just the controller for PC gameplay..

The USB isnt detected on connecting to PC, have tried other [camera] USB cable as well..Didnt respond...

1 minute ago, DivineDragon said:

^-Have you tried different USB slots? 

Have you checked the Device Manager, Human Interface Devices for the controller? 

Do you have any other computer/laptop to test the controller on? 

Yes

Yes it doesn't show anything on connecting the controller.

Nope nothing other than PC..

Hi,

I am new to PC gaming. I  have installed DBC 14 on machine and set all graphic options to disabled or low. Even then there is a lag while playing.

Do i need to upgrade my PC or just need to buy budget Graphic card.

My PC :

OS Name    - Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
CPU - AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3.6 GHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - Overclock to 4.2
Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics (DirectX10.1)
RAM - 8GB

MotherBoard: GA-880GM-D2H https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-880GM-D2H-rev-1x#ov

Edited 7 minutes ago by Raam

How do replacements work for ~3 year old Asus motherboards? Do i get an equivalent model(as in same z97/h87 chipset)?

there are like still ~5 months of warranty on my mobo,and my PC has a random restarting problem which causes it to go into a boot loop.

^ Go to the local service centre, put it up for replacement. 9 /10 they will have 'buffer stock' to give you a replacement /refurbished unit. 

In-case they do not have this option, they will offer you a certain monetary value (estimated with depreciation factored in) which they will hand out in the form of a cheque. 

i bought a new antec V500PC power supply and checked with it,issue still persists

should i take my CPU and RAM to the service centre  along with the motherboard too? or just take out the cpu/ram and put on the socket cover?

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

i bought a new antec V500PC power supply and checked with it,issue still persists

should i take my CPU and RAM to the service centre  along with the motherboard too? or just take out the cpu/ram and put on the socket cover?

Just the motherboard with socket cover and all acc like box , bill etc

The sc already has cpu,ram,gfx card  for testing 

• Like 1

On 20/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, HotSonix said:

Just the motherboard with socket cover and all acc like box , bill etc

The sc already has cpu,ram,gfx card  for testing 

i dont have the box,but have the bill.
will they reject warranty for it?

On 07/11/2017 at 3:57 PM, DivineDragon said:

Hello, 

For past few weeks I'm having issue where whenever I'm playing few games, and sometimes while just watching movies on it.

I had given the PC to local tech guys, but they said they found no issues, did general servicing and applied new cpu paste and gave it back.

I tried it at home and it worked for few hours then restarted.  Though after 3-4 restarts computer won't even turn on the display,

and I took it back and apparently there was RAM failure and had to get it replaced. I did insisted to them it was crashing at home so they decided to just see the status of it at home, and it did.  

They took the computer again for few days, and played games and apparently the computer was working fine all the time there. 

So it was given back to me, and it worked fine but started losing power once more here.

I thought maybe the Electrocity socket was faulty and plugged the computer into 4-5 different sockets yet problem still persists.  

Here are my current specs. 

Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Gigabyte H170M-D3H-CF

Zotac GeForce GTX 970

Corsair VS550

At this point every time I use it, it feels like it'll restart anytime so I don't tend to use it much as I don't want anything to get corrupted like RAM did. 

your motherboard is borked

i had a similar issue,after 3.4k dropped on a new antec PSU i've ascertained that the motherboard is at fault

just check the capacitors around your cpu socket for any deformities.They are supposed to be metal cylinders with flat tops.

Welp, I think I'll be buying a new SMPS. 

Has anyone ever bought from mdcomputers? They do seem to have parts priced at good rate compared to Amazon. Or is there any other trusted site? 

Currently looking at these two SMPS, but I legit don't know if they would be compatible with my PC. 

https://www.mdcomputers.in/smps/seasonic-620-watt-80-plus-bronze-s12ii-620.html

https://www.mdcomputers.in/smps/antec-550-watt-80-plus-gold-semi-modular-ea550g-pro.html

Current Specs : I5-6600k, Gigabyte  H170M-D3H-CF, Hyper X Fury 8GB, 2 TB WD Blue, Samsung 750 Evo, GTX 970. 

Also what sort of ups be recommended, and if so how much capacity? There would be additionally a modem and a monitor plugged onto it. 

^ M.D. Computers is good. Although, if you are in Delhi, why not look up Nehru Place? 

I would honestly recommend the Seasonic M12II 620W unit for powering your rig, it is an older design but proven and am using it myself. 

For the IPS, APC is the best brand by far, get a 1KVA unit minimum. This one to be precise.

• Like 1

I downloaded the Ac origins uplay version from my friends account since he wanted me to complete the trials of the gods. I downloaded the game through uplay and completed it. I press play it says preparing to launch small windows with the game name and image. At this point the press play button is greyed out. However, the game does not start and the small windows closes and the press play button is blue again. I cannot get the game to start. I have enabled and disabled cloud saves.

I figured it out so experts here don't sweat it.

Edited by HEMAN