[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Uplay can't detect og files like steam? Is der any other way to

make it detect? When I launch the game exe it asks to download d

full game again .Is der anyway that the game would just ask me d

key and I can enter my og key?I hv untouched AC4 files downloaded from Uplay itself but I had to reinstall Uplay as it wasn't working all of a sudden. Now Uplay can't recognize AC4 :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

^ Where does UPlay! dump all these files?

According to UBISOFT forums on C:/ drive irrespective of where UPlay! is installed.

In-fact the best bet to would be to start a fresh download, over-write it with files you have, if any more updates have been pushed through, they will add up and you should be set for install.

Try this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\273

273 is the number for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

(if they changed it. Download and see the new number).

Login to uplay -> select the game -> press download -> let it download few MBs -> pause -> go to above location -> paste your old content -> login -> resume download.

If it doesn't work, I'm afraid you have to download again.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Hi,

I'm currently using Windows 7 and its time I re-did things cause of all the recent experimenting I did with Rainmeter and vsstyling Windows. Bleh. should have left it at it. In any case, moving to Windows 8.1. Any recommendations for or against? Especially from the perspective of games :)

-Ryuk

Windows 8.1 Pro - Should you?

One word: YES.

Using Windows 8 since day 1 and never faced any issue. It boots faster, runs all games and applications without any issue (even KOTOR/Morrowind works fine), has built in anti-virus (MSE), app-store, user-friendly and more polished than Windows 7.

Also, Metro is pretty cool.

One word: YES.

Using Windows 8 since day 1 and never faced any issue. It boots faster, runs all games and applications without any issue (even KOTOR/Morrowind works fine), has built in anti-virus (MSE), app-store, user-friendly and more polished than Windows 7.

Also, Metro is pretty cool.

So - did you buy Windows 8.1? Windows 7 (which isn't mine) has been working smooth for a long time and I'm happy but Windows 8.1 isn't uhm trust worthy from (not mine) other sources.

Microsoft is selling it for 120$ for the PRO. What say? Get it off of TBP or go buy?

Actually, I won during Windows 8 giveaway. syhJPYb.gif

(would have purchased it nonetheless).

You don't have to pay $120 when you can buy it for $15.

http://www.reddit.com/r/softwareswap/comments/20dp17/h_windows_7_8_81_all_versions_office_2010_2013/

http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/search/windows%208

Worth it.

• Like 2

Actually, I won during Windows 8 giveaway. syhJPYb.gif

(would have purchased it nonetheless).

You don't have to pay $120 when you can buy it for $15.

http://www.reddit.com/r/softwareswap/comments/20dp17/h_windows_7_8_81_all_versions_office_2010_2013/

http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/search/windows%208

Worth it.

Wow. I got this one! Thanks a ton Joe.

Chrome. google.com gets redirected to that while google.co.in works fine. Changed the home page.

Someone from China hacked my gmail account. Many people are having/had the problem. Had to change password and setup 2step verification. :samui:

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Friday, March 14, 2014 11:50:01 PM UTC
IP Address: 60.168.125.210
Edited by Mizanurification

Okay, be vigilant in this case.

You business or something sensitive? Also, I have not been hacked but I do get redirected in-case I go to Google(dot)co(dot)in.

Okay, be vigilant in this case.

You business or something sensitive? Also, I have not been hacked but I do get redirected in-case I go to Google(dot)co(dot)in.

Edit - Confirmed that I have not been hacked / attempt to be hacked.

Edited by ALPHA17