[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

^^ Its the best config I can think of. Maybe someone else can suggest some alternate components.

And connecting it to your Bravia would be fine. Does your Bravia have a VGA port?

all Bravia usually have VGA port...alternatively you can connect through HDMI-DVI cable(better option)

yep, thank you :console:, what i meant was ,if i'm willing to spend a little more, if i can get a better config??

Not unless you turn that "little more" into a "lot more". :console:

The next best proccy to go for would be a quad core which might be worth it 1-2 years down the line. Not right now though. You could also get a differant version of the 4850 for an extra 3k but the performance boost is almost non existant. You could also upgrade the 4850 to a 4870 which would give you a significant boost but that would be another 8k or so. Its not worth it.

So yeah you could get a better rig but it would increase your budget by quite a bit and IMO its not worth the money you will spend. Far better you save that money now and if needed upgrade the proccy/GPU in a couple of years.

BTW your Sony Bravia is it 720p or 1080p?

Hmm in that case it might be worth upgrading to a 4870 if you can afford another 7k or so. Since your TV supports full HD you could play games at 1080p which would work better with a 4870.

A 4850 would work OK but with some games it wont do 1900x1080 at high details. It would take a performance hit.

Take this with a pinch of salt though. I have no idea if games at 720p look alright on a 1080p display. For all I know you might not even spot the differance between the two.

Yeah but I am guessing since he is using it for a PC its not a 40+inch screen.

On a 32 inch LCD I can only spot the differance between 720p and 1080p if am about 3 feet or so from the telly (trust me tried more than once). I checked a video though so games might be more noticeable.

hey guys i was thinking of buying a Laptop. I was wondering if i shud wait for Windows 7 to release and then buy it? :bash:

laptop that can run vista today will literally sail on windows 7...so you can go ahead

dudes, please suggest a PC under 10K, like excluding cabinet, i just need quote for CPU+mobo+ram oh and by the way this will run 4850 so need a good CPU, even AMD would do, please suggest...

Heh a 40 inch screen as a PC monitor would be like watching a tennis match. You would be switching your head left and right just to read text. :bash:

lol, i hav both a 40 n a 32 inch bravia lcd , now i know which one to use as my pc :( ,confused with the card though, might go with the 4850 only,can buy games with the 7k i save from the 4870 :ranting:

Edited by baba dench

lol, i hav both a 40 n a 32 inch bravia lcd , now i know which one to use as my pc :( ,confused with the card though, might go with the 4850 only,can buy games with the 7k i save from the 4870 :ranting:

8 games for 7k :bash:

Hi

Need some feedback on this rig for myself... Primarily Gaming usage.

CPU AMD x2 5200

Mobo Biostar T790GX - based on the 790 chipset

HDD Seagate 640GB SATA

3 X 2GB Memory - Zion

LG DVDRW Optical Drive

Sapphire ATI 4850

Creative xfi Sound Card External USB + 5.1 Inspire Speakers

Cabinet Zebronics with 500W SMPS

Vista Basic OEM

MS wireless KB/Mouse

any help would be highly appreciated B)