[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

BTW, this is more of a console related query, so you may wanna post it in the 360 help section or the general Ask The Experts thread.

well im not talking abt xbox 360 display....im talking abt regular pc cpu display...

and i have posted query in VGA thread but didnt get any reply.so posted here..

cheers.

copes good mine is a x2 turion @ 2.2 ghz rm-75

run crysis warhead on medium with no aa ,dnno what will happen when i OC it :>

Im liking my laptop quite alot , have run bioshock on full till now played cod waw with aa on 2X with all on high.

Good laptop for the price i give it a 9/10 for performance but it runs hot

Thanks yaar! :D

guys i bought the vga switch and cable.....but when i connect it there is a faint blue transparent layer over the screen.basically the white looks blue.and the image is also not clear.so what could be the problem?

edit: i tried once more,now the color prob not there,but the image is extremely distorted and out of focus....

cheers.

can u be more specific... ie ur connecting what to what...??

assuming u are connecting a pc to a monitor...

1- Monitor may be deffective...

2- Ur video card is defective...

If ur pc is latest then it shud have two or three video output slots ( Dvi / vga) so try switching among them...

try ur 360/ps3/DTH on the monitor to verify if its functioning properly....

lastly... check if have conneted the cables to the dongle correctly...

Need help with upgrading my comp! My processor gets red hot (Sometimes as hot as 75 degrees) and has toasted 3 hard drives so far and I have decided to replace it and subsequently the entire rig. The present config is:

Intel P4 3.0Ghz (Prescott),

Mobo is Gigabyte 8ig1000mk (a 865 chipset compatible)

Ram 512mb 400Hz DDR

HDD was Seagate IDE 250 GB but now is toast

PSU is 400w psu

Graphics card ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Replacing the processor means replacing Mobo as it is a i865g based chipset. Replacing mobo implies upgrading RAM (DDR to DDR 3), AGP card to PCI card.

I intend to keep the existing cabinet gaming case and PSU. I will be purchasing a SATA based HDD from WD/ Maxtor as all the toasted HDD's were from Seagate. RAM's will be 2Gb DDR 3. Can you suggest the upgrades (under 20k )for good gaming experience on:

1. Which processor to buy (Intel only), compatible mobo (Gigabyte/ Asus/ Intel)

2. Gaming card under 7k (Nvidia)

thanks!

Processor do not fry HDD, PSU does.

Which PSU do you use

Its a Powersafe PSU (Model number is LC-B400 ATX).

I doubt the processor is the culprit coz the gigabyte system tool and speedfan both show the temperature as very high (always above 65 degrees, 72 to 75 while running games). HDD temperature was also shown as around 44 degrees! (cant recall exactly coz my HDD has crashed)

Need help with upgrading my comp! My processor gets red hot (Sometimes as hot as 75 degrees) and has toasted 3 hard drives so far and I have decided to replace it and subsequently the entire rig. The present config is:

when i mentioned "toast", HDD developed problems as a result of excessive heat. The HDD LED indicator indicated HDD as busy. Nothing worked after that.

So I have decided to connect my PC to the LCD TV. I dont want to move the PC so it will connect to both the TV and my PC monitor. Since the TV is a bit far away from the PC I want to use a VGA cable. It will need to be about 12M in length. Will that give me good quality signal? Also how much will that cost?

What other options do I have? My GPU has 2 DVI slots. TV has VGA, HDMI and component. Distance is about 12-15M.

What can I do about sound??

yeah long vga cables are CRAP.... :bigyellowgrin:

i tried that with my PC n lcd.... used a normal short vga cable n it was fine.... but once i moved the pc back n used a longer cable, 3m i think the image quality is $#%#$%#$% fuzzy, hazy $%$# don't bother with vga

So I have decided to connect my PC to the LCD TV. I dont want to move the PC so it will connect to both the TV and my PC monitor. Since the TV is a bit far away from the PC I want to use a VGA cable. It will need to be about 12M in length. Will that give me good quality signal? Also how much will that cost?

What other options do I have? My GPU has 2 DVI slots. TV has VGA, HDMI and component. Distance is about 12-15M.

What can I do about sound??

^^ Your PC must already be hooked up to speakers right? All you're doing is replacing the monitor with the TV.

i guess that he wants the sound to come to tv as well.. i think with hdmi you can tfr sound as well..