[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

^^ need something badly, currently don't have anything except a headphone .... Planning to get Logitech z313 .... Any comments ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I recently got the Creative A355 which was really good experience even before the time I had it for TV then it got washed out in floods so got that again now for the TV..Amazon sold it for 1999 when I bought it..

Was IVG down? I tried opening it but couldn't.

Anyway plenty of reviews of the Ryzen 7 chips have been published. They seem to *currently* under-perform in 1080p gaming. Ryzen 5 chips will be launched "very soon" which can be in the next few months or Q2 2017.

http://www.eteknix.com/amd-ryzen-5-coming-soon/

• 2 weeks later...

GA-B85M-HD3 v1.1 motherboard went kaput. Need a new one around the same price. Would be nice if it also has Dolby Audio along with an S/PDIF port.0

Specs for compatibility check: MSI GTX 980 Ti, i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz, 16 (2x8)GB RAM, 2 (1x2)TB HDDs and Cooler Master V750 PSU.

TIA.

I think by Dolby Audio you mean Dolby Digital Live- https://www.dolby.com/in/en/technologies/dolby-digital-live.htmlsince practically all Realtek Sound cards can decode Dolby/DTS content and serve it via analog or as HDMI Passthrough

I don't think any budget board supports this, even getting a sound card for this is like 6-8K damages to the wallet. (Correct me if I am wrong) -- My ideal setup would be GPUs managing DD Live / DTS Connect not sure why they don't support it.

Whats your audio setup ?

For the record : Analog 5.1 > DD 5.1 ; the former is lossless

Edited by kunallkw

I want Dolby Headphone Surround Sound to be precise.

My setup is going to be like this: S/PDIF (source) -> FiiO D3 -> FiiO E17K DAC/AMP -> Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro.

There's a workaround to enable DTS/Dolby Digital on almost every motherboard that supports Realtek. But I want to buy one which officially supports it and has S/PDIF.

If it isn't available, then no problem. I will use Viper4Windows instead for Dolby. Not a big deal at all.

Edited by The Panda

^ Is that XP?

Did you change any hardware recently? If yes, remove it and try to run the system.

If not, then I suggest try to boot into safe mode and run this command and see what you get.

No it is windows 7 ultimate. That was the screenshot of, where I tried to restore with the win 7 disc. It threw up that.

I am installing windows 7 now. A fresher version. But this is taking super long time.

I wasnt able to enter safe mode, I tried it. But now I cant try it as I am installing the os to try my luck. As I have some work to do overnight. Hoping this goes through.

I did not make any hardware changes since I got this pc a few years back. 118156b80c3a08f5514a045dfadd6b7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got two hdd in it.

Two win 7 installed. One on each but none really loaded. Both failing at the same time? Is that even possible?

Ya. Maybe when a sector gets corrupted which may severely damaged an HDD. Well then it's possible. I would suggest if you have an enclosure. Take out the HDD and check it on laptop with HDD health app. If it passes then the issue is not HDD but some other hardware. I think it's adviced to check individual component to identify the defect.

Ya. Maybe when a sector gets corrupted which may severely damaged an HDD. Well then it's possible. I would suggest if you have an enclosure. Take out the HDD and check it on laptop with HDD health app. If it passes then the issue is not HDD but some other hardware. I think it's adviced to check individual component to identify the defect.

At the moment I am installing win 7. To try my luck.

And I do not have a laptop or an enclosure. Will update once the windows install completes. This is taking all eternity. b99255cea1bb11537e1e83f85fdd50bf.jpg

At the moment I am installing win 7. To try my luck.

And I do not have a laptop or an enclosure. Will update once the windows install completes. This is taking all eternity. b99255cea1bb11537e1e83f85fdd50bf.jpg

Ya reinstalling windows is a pain. Takes around 7-10 hours if using normal HDD.