[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

I already got the GPU and PSU (MSI 1060 6GB and seasonic s12 520w) . Now i need to buy processor , motherboard , ram and cabinet . Budget is 24k + 3.5k for the cabinet , Suggest me which one to pick .

What i have planned

intel i5 6500 - 13.5k

Corsair spec 03 / Thermaltake versus n21 cabinet - 3.5k

I already got the GPU and PSU (MSI 1060 6GB and seasonic s12 520w) . Now i need to buy processor , motherboard , ram and cabinet . Budget is 24k + 3.5k for the cabinet , Suggest me which one to pick .

What i have planned

intel i5 6500 - 13.5k

Why buy new components when you already have one? Wasn't your issue with display etc?

Anyhow for 24k budget go with

i5 6600 -15k

H150 motherboard -8k and

Thermaltake cabinet -4k

Ram (don't buy again reuse)

Prices locally might be better. The above reflects online. And not always cheap.

Edited by djanuj

What i have planned

intel i5 6500 - 13.5k

Wait for Ryzen in April.

Ram (don't buy again reuse)

He has DDR3 RAM from his old build, so this will have to be a brand new endeavour with everything new.

Edited by ALPHA17

Has any m-ATX Ryzen motherboard been launched? Does anyone know? I just noticed that they are all ATX a huge a*s 12" x10". This length is going to ruin my case mod (its not rectangular!) if I buy Ryzen. :( If there is none I might have to look for an Intel setup with m-ATX board. T_T

What i have planned

intel i5 6500 - 13.5k

Is this with or without tax? Source of the price?

Wait for Ryzen in April.

He has DDR3 RAM from his old build, so this will have to be a brand new endeavour with everything new.

So you can't use DDR3 on ddr4 Mobo? I thought they support previous gen as well. Ohhhh then his budget will increase by another 4.5k since 8gb ddr4 costs around that price.

So you can't use DDR3 on ddr4 Mobo?

Nope. Pin count is same, the key slot has been slightly adjusted though.

Has any m-ATX Ryzen motherboard been launched? Does anyone know? I just noticed that they are all ATX a huge a*s 12" x10". This length is going to ruin my case mod (its not rectangular!) if I buy Ryzen. :( If there is none I might have to look for an Intel setup with m-ATX board. T_T

Yes, GIGABYTE has a couple models on the market. PM me for pricing or if you are still interested in putting together a build.

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1

Yes, GIGABYTE has a couple models on the market. PM me for pricing or if you are still interested in putting together a build.

Can you tell me pricing for lga1151? Was looking for z270x ultra gaming. Planning to make a build with 6700k to overclock. Also mini itx is recommended but if not then I can go for ATX as well.

Incase you have one. Thanks.

Edited by djanuj

Wait for Ryzen in April.

I cant wait till 11th April . Moreover i dont think i5 6500 priced Ryzen will beat it in single thread performance . So recommend me a decent setup for the specified budget . Also which ssd should i get ? budget - 7k

So far , i have planned

intel i5 6500 - 14k

msi b150 pc mate - 6.7k

Gskill ddr4 2400 - 4k

Sandisk ssplus - 5,5k

corsair spec 01/02 / thermaltake versa n21 - 3.5k

Total - 33.7k

Is this with or without tax? Source of the price?

i am not quite sure . Will let you know when i go to Nehru place .

Edited by Abdulah

So you can't use DDR3 on ddr4 Mobo? I thought they support previous gen as well. Ohhhh then his budget will increase by another 4.5k since 8gb ddr4 costs around that price.

Yes DDR4 price is absurdly high . Just 2 month ago 8 GB ddr4 was available for 2.5k.

Yes DDR4 price is absurdly high . Just 2 month ago 8 GB ddr4 was available for 2.5k.

I know.

For sad Kingston 240gb costs 5k on Mdcomputers. Might get it cheaper if bought locally.

yeah seconded. friend bought it at that price just last year. probably increased due to insufficient supply or whatever they make it sound like. Gskill Trident Z RGB 32GB costs over 20k just FYI. hahahaha

btw from which store in NP did you get the price from?

Also if you go again please ask the pricelist of this:

i5 7500/i5 6500 basically anything over 3.5GHz

Asus Maximus VIII Gene. its a Z170 board.

Asus Strix 270I. Its ITX board.

Asus Strix 270G Gaming. its m-ATX board.

Corsair SFF 600 PSU.

Corsair RM 650 PSU.

Seasonic M12II 520/620 EVO. Full modular models.

16/32GB of 2133/2400MHz DDR4 RAM. Standard variant.

LG 22MP68 VQ-P slim monitor with FreeSync. There are different variants apparently. I want the slim.

Thanks.

Edited by SonicDave

I cant wait till 11th April . Moreover i dont think i5 6500 priced Ryzen will beat it in single thread performance . So recommend me a decent setup for the specified budget . Also which ssd should i get ? budget - 7k

If you absolutely cannot wait, okay.

Else, just looking for the single-core IPC stuff, it sure would not beat if but you would not get locked out of performance by that. Plus even if you get a cheaper processor, you can always over-clock it and make up the difference. A cooler like Cooler Master's Hyper 212X or equivalent would hold you in good stead.

Also, for Intel, I would suggest you go for a better motherboard, preferably a newer generation B250M board from GIGABYTE like a B250M-D3H should be good.

For SSD, either the Kingston UV / V series or get the SAMSUNG 750 series SSD.

yeah seconded. friend bought it at that price just last year. probably increased due to insufficient supply or whatever they make it sound like. Gskill Trident Z RGB 32GB costs over 20k just FYI. hahahaha

btw from which store in NP did you get the price from?

Also if you go again please ask the pricelist of this:

i5 7500/i5 6500 basically anything over 3.5GHz

Asus Maximus VIII Gene. its a Z170 board.

Asus Strix 270I. Its ITX board.

Asus Strix 270G Gaming. its m-ATX board.

Corsair SFF 600 PSU.

Corsair RM 650 PSU.

Seasonic M12II 520/620 EVO. Full modular models.

16/32GB of 2133/2400MHz DDR4 RAM. Standard variant.

LG 22MP68 VQ-P slim monitor with FreeSync. There are different variants apparently. I want the slim.

Thanks.

I will get you the prices. Do you want it inclusive shipping to your area?

Also, for Intel, I would suggest you go for a better motherboard, preferably a newer generation B250M board from GIGABYTE like a B250M-D3H should be

You can get up to date Nehru place prices from this link

http://www.costtocost.in/list/pricelist.pdf

Also, do keep in mind that for the price of i5 7500/7600 you would be able to get a Ryzen 1600, two more cores(as they say it, 69% faster than intel in multi threaded apps) at same price.

In the current scenario, only 2 Intel processors are worth it, Intel 7th gen g4560 and Intel i5 7400 (if available ~12,500), anything in between and above seems out of place, If they doesn't fill your need you need to go Ryzen route :D, the money saved should go into graphics and HQ monitor.

• Like 1

Also, do keep in mind that for the price of i5 7500/7600 you would be able to get a Ryzen 1600, two more cores(as they say it, 69% faster than intel in multi threaded apps) at same price.

In the current scenario, only 2 Intel processors are worth it, Intel 7th gen g4560 and Intel i5 7400 (if available ~12,500), anything in between and above seems out of place, If they doesn't fill your need you need to go Ryzen route :D, the money saved should go into graphics and HQ monitor.

Are these with shipping? If I want it shipped to Mumbai is it inclusive? Also how to buy these online? Do I contact costtocost?

Are these with shipping? If I want it shipped to Mumbai is it inclusive? Also how to buy these online? Do I contact costtocost?

Hey, if you want components in Bombay, let me know via PM.

Those costs are without VAT and shipping.

These are the price shopkeeper quoted

Intel i5 6500 - 14k

Gigabyte b250-ds3h - 7.05k

Samsung evo 850 250gb - 7.1k

Gskill 8gb ddr4 - 4k

Corsair spec 01 - 2.9k

Is this good price? Should i go with the above configuration or is there something i should change?

Also for much i should sell my i3 2120 , gigabyte h61 (3.5 year old) and corsair vengeance 8 gb ddr3(6 month old)

Change the motherboard to the GIGABYTE B250M-D3H (DS3H is a cheaper model). Rest all is good. You can cut down on RAM and go with Kingston HyperX Fury kits.

• Like 1

CPU price will not be accurate. NP dealers love to give CPU+Mobo combo price.

Wouldn't mind if i5 had 8 threads. 4/4 is the problem. though I doubt Ryzen 5 will beat it with all its "optimization" issue. if gaming is a priority i5 might be the better option. Ryzen 7 weren't that good (there i said it!). They say Ryzen 5 will be THE gaming CPU but only time will tell. I'm personally interested in the Ryzen 5 1500X. But I have a small nitpick. I want a good preferably mid-high end RoG-level micro-ATX board which Ryzen doesn't have.

These are the price shopkeeper quoted

Intel i5 6500 - 14k

Gigabyte b250-ds3h - 7.05k

Samsung evo 850 250gb - 7.1k

Gskill 8gb ddr4 - 4k

Corsair spec 01 - 2.9k

Is this good price? Should i go with the above configuration or is there something i should change?

How much does the i5 7500 cost? if its not huge (~1-1.5k) get that instead. SSD price is fine to me.

Also for much i should sell my i3 2120 , gigabyte h61 (3.5 year old) and corsair vengeance 8 gb ddr3(6 month old)

CPU+board 2-3k. No point buying them. Too old.
  • Like 1