[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

@Alpha17 what's the word on the ryzen5 series? Worth it or not for my work?

Definitely worth it.

Which SSD Carries international warranty?

SAMSUNG.

Intel and Samsung I think. Confirm it with their respective departments.

Intel does not make commercial SSD's anymore.

Edited by ALPHA17

Definitely worth it.

SAMSUNG.

Btw. Alpha if I buy 1070 from a store. Then will I get Nvidia pick your path bundle along with the GPU or I have to claim from gigabyte website?

Btw. Alpha if I buy 1070 from a store. Then will I get Nvidia pick your path bundle along with the GPU or I have to claim from gigabyte website?

You will have to contact nVidia India.

P.S. -- You never told me you bought that PC or no?

Yes I did. It's with me. Just GPU is left. I got a 2 month old GPU 1070 G1 edition indian purchased which was not registered for warranty. So I guess I am eligible to get Nvidia code. So asked. Edited by djanuj

Btw how to contact Nvidia? There no option to log in nor contact except for support.

Guys is gtx 1070 G1 Gaming edition bought for 32k. Original price 38k 3months old a good price?

Even though it's no use discussing since I already bought it and its on the way but want to know if I paid a good price or paid higher price.

Edited by djanuj

Ryzen cpu has launched in India.

R5 1600 is a great value for money for 16.5k. Anyone looking to build a new pc should blindly go for this cpu. R5 1400 is not as good a value at 13k. Should have been under 12k.

Finally R7 1700 at 25k is 9k more than 1600. Not really worth it for gaming pc as 1600 is plenty sufficient. Only get this cpu if money is not an issue and you want to build the best pc possible.

For me the dream combination would be R5 1600 + RX 470 8GB.

MSI Armor 470 8gb is available for 18k now so its a good value.

Those who will say 8gb is a waste on rx470 why would you not spend 2k more to have double memory? Better more than less in Computer hardware.

So R5 1600 has made Intel i5 a bad buy. I don't see any reason why one would want to buy an i5-7500 over a R5 1600.

Ryzen cpu has launched in India.

R5 1600 is a great value for money for 16.5k. Anyone looking to build a new pc should blindly go for this cpu. R5 1400 is not as good a value at 13k. Should have been under 12k.

Finally R7 1700 at 25k is 9k more than 1600. Not really worth it for gaming pc as 1600 is plenty sufficient. Only get this cpu if money is not an issue and you want to build the best pc possible.

For me the dream combination would be R5 1600 + RX 470 8GB.

MSI Armor 470 8gb is available for 18k now so its a good value.

Those who will say 8gb is a waste on rx470 why would you not spend 2k more to have double memory? Better more than less in Computer hardware.

So R5 1600 has made Intel i5 a bad buy. I don't see any reason why one would want to buy an i5-7500 over a R5 1600.

This is an interesting review. i5 7600 still rock solid for gaming at a premium Of 3K over R5 1600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NnGQ7tC0g

This is an interesting review. i5 7600 still rock solid for gaming at a premium Of 3K over R5 1600

Even though this is true but that is because ryzen is just launched so it's not fully optimised.... so it might take some time but the moment it gets optimised it will perform better than i5.
  • Like 1

Even though this is true but that is because ryzen is just launched so it's not fully optimised.... so it might take some time but the moment it gets optimised it will perform better than i5.

Agreed 100% comparing a Gen 1 and Gen 7 is practically criminal. I cant wait to see what a fully optimized Ryzen is capable of ...also if game devs choose multi core of single core in future game dev.

Edited by kunallkw

Didn't know about that.^^

R5 1400 is not as good a value at 13k. Should have been under 12k.

Still better than i3's dude...

My guess is they couldn't reduce the price so much (obvious reasons) so instead decided to give more stats.

Because extra 4GB on RX470 is a waste, its good but not good enough to make use of the whole memory bandwidth. Its like the GTX 960 4GB card or older entry level cards with 2GB when they are just not good enough.

Besides isn't the price of RX470 8GB ~ RX480 4GB? If yes the RX480 4GB is a better buy. So RX470 4GB is a good buy, 8GB variant is not. RX480 4GB is a better buy (and RX480 8GB is a great buy).

What about r5 1500x ?

Better than Intel i5's but R5 1600 can be purchased for just ~1500rs more. Personally though I prefer faster clock speed and quad cores with 8 threads is good enough for me so I guess it comes down to one's personal requirements. If one has a higher budget he should definitely go for the R5 1600X. Best price ~ performance ratio. Would also recommend this over the R7's for gaming-centric users.

R5 1500X --> R5 1600 is a tougher choice than R5 1600 ---> R5 1600X.

• Like 1

Because extra 4GB on RX470 is a waste, its good but not good enough to make use of the whole memory bandwidth. Its like the GTX 960 4GB card or older entry level cards with 2GB when they are just not good enough.

Besides isn't the price of RX470 8GB ~ RX480 4GB? If yes the RX480 4GB is a better buy. So RX470 4GB is a good buy, 8GB variant is not. RX480 4GB is a better buy (and RX480 8GB is a great buy).

Actually if you look at the history of graphics cards you can see the trend that in the long term the card with more memory is always the better buy.

Those with gtx960 2gb wish they had bought the 4gb model,so better safe than sorry.

Also rx480 4gb currently sells for 20k so its still 2k more expensive while half half the memory and only 10% faster.

So as of now rx470 8gb > rx480 4gb.

Hey guys I need a laptop 50k budget. need it to be light and have a long battery life, going to use it mostly for work and some light entertainment like movie watching etc, no gaming. Any suggestions? I saw a great offer on Lenovo Ideapad 500 NS for 35k inly issue is it has 4gb ram. I don't mind that as long as it is expandable, is there any way I can figure out if a laptop has expandable memory or not? (Apart from just googling it) The MacBook is not an option (the air is the only one that falls in range anyway)

Please advice. Thank You.

Hey guys I need a laptop 50k budget. need it to be light and have a long battery life, going to use it mostly for work and some light entertainment like movie watching etc, no gaming. Any suggestions? I saw a great offer on Lenovo Ideapad 500 NS for 35k inly issue is it has 4gb ram. I don't mind that as long as it is expandable, is there any way I can figure out if a laptop has expandable memory or not? (Apart from just googling it) The MacBook is not an option (the air is the only one that falls in range anyway)

Please advice. Thank You.

MacBook Air. Hands down the best in this range

Or HP Omen laptop

Dell XPS 13. They are good too.

Edited by djanuj

So as of now rx470 8gb > rx480 4gb.

Uh! No.

Those with gtx960 2gb wish they had bought the 4gb model,so better safe than sorry.

Again, no. Getting a 4GB GTX960 does nothing in the frame-rate department and it would not get better over time since the card is anyway incapable of performing well at resolutions over 1080p. The only advantage one gets by getting the higher frame buffer cards is if they are looking to play older games like SKYRIM with a lot of texture mods.