[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

also is there any good mouse under 2k?

looking to replace my G300

only requirements are it should be ambidextrous,the same size or bigger than the G300 and durable enough(i.e the buttons,scrollwheel etc should die in like 6 months or so)

18 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

also is there any good mouse under 2k?

looking to replace my G300

only requirements are it should be ambidextrous,the same size or bigger than the G300 and durable enough(i.e the buttons,scrollwheel etc should die in like 6 months or so)

• LOGITECH G302
  • SteelSeries Rival 100 /110 (the latter is more expensive)

On 12/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, PhantomShade said:

buy on cash on delivery if no other choice

i ordered my i5 4690k and a cm hyper 212 from them on CoD,the i5 came,the hyper 212 didn't

sent many e-mails and called them up once,and there was a rude guy on the other end.

wouldn't recommend that shop tbh.

No COD. ?. Will not buy from them. Thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...

^ AMD Ryzen 3 1200 

4GB of DDR4 ValueRAM (Corsair /Kingston) 

GIGABYTE /ASUS A320M motherboard 

500GB hard drive (alternately 240GB SSD Kingston UV400, if you want faster speed)

Any Dabba that you like + Cooler Master B400 v.2

Windows 10

Do they not sell 32GB SSDs anymore? 

I just want an SSD I can dump the OS on for a fast boot for an HTPC. Cant even find one used. 

Are the various chinese brands on Ali express any good? Has anyone ever ordered one before?

I just want an SSD I can dump the OS on for a fast boot for an HTPC. Cant even find one used. 

Are the various chinese brands on Ali express any good? Has anyone ever ordered one before?

Try this.

Transcend TS64GSSD370 64GB Solid State Drive https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00K9HID2G/

Or this Transcend 64GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive TS64GSSD370S https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00VX82P42/

2 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

32GB SSD's are useless, a fully patched Windows install is enough to eat up more than the storage capacity it offers. 

Avoid any Chinese brands as far as possible. 

By the way, prices on the PC components has gone bonkers. Anyone buying a brand new build in the coming months, I applaud you. 

OS is not a problem. Since its an HTPC all it needs to do is boot fast and run Chrome and KODI, literally the only two softwares that will be installed on it. I could put a stripped down Ubuntu on it if Windows doesnt work. And I am positive Win 10 will work fine. 

TBH 32 GB is overkill actually. I could make 16GB work easily if I found it. Hell I could probably make 8GB sing for what I need to do with it. 

Since I cant find a non Chinese Aliexpress SSD I wonder how a 32 GB USB 3 pendrive would work as an OS drive. Maybe I could do that. 

Edited by Aftrunner

9 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

TBH 32 GB is overkill actually. I could make 16GB work easily if I found it. Hell I could probably make 8GB sing for what I need to do with it.

Not enough for Windows, this is my system with the Fall Update and a couple utilities on C drive (nothing more than a couple 100MB) and driver stacks. 

Hux.thumb.png.6fee277f75caae70ae56945904dd2511.png

I still recommend a higher capacity drive because over time your performance will degrade (also affected by how full your drive is). 

Rest is up to you. 

P.S. -- Happy New Year. Cheers! 

Hi Guys/ALPHA17,

Re-posting this as we are now in new year :) and saw the comment from ALPHA that prices have come down and good time for builds and upgrade. 

Games like Dark Souls 3 can only play High or medium and Max. also the video/movies i play are getting stuck at some points not sure if its Hard rive issue.

(old Post) Hi Guys,

i have below config PC and looking to upgrade. For Better gaming performance and planning to get 4K Tv in a week and would like to play movies.

Help me with suggestion. 

CPU
    Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz    47 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Intel Corporation DH77KC (CPU 1)    37 °C
Graphics
    2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 
Storage
    931GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DX001-1NS164 ATA Device (SATA)

Hi Guys/ALPHA17,

Re-posting this as we are now in new year [emoji4] and saw the comment from ALPHA that prices have come down and good time for builds and upgrade. 

Games like Dark Souls 3 can only play High or medium and Max. also the video/movies i play are getting stuck at some points not sure if its Hard rive issue.

(old Post) Hi Guys,
i have below config PC and looking to upgrade. For Better gaming performance and planning to get 4K Tv in a week and would like to play movies.
Help me with suggestion. 

CPU
    Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz    47 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Intel Corporation DH77KC (CPU 1)    37 °C
Graphics
    2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 
Storage
    931GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DX001-1NS164 ATA Device (SATA)
He said the exact opposite the prices have gone up.