arjun

[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

15675 posts in this topic

U still want to use that or want to get a new separate one

If I can use raspberry pi 3 then that would be my best bet. Don't want to spend for new hardware.

How much can i get for zotac gtx 980ti amp edition with 4 years warranty remaining. Is asking 30k too much, I have a offer of 25k on Olx. What do you think guys, some advice

How much can i get for zotac gtx 980ti amp edition with 4 years warranty remaining. Is asking 30k too much, I have a offer of 25k on Olx. What do you think guys, some advice

25k seems like a good price but do note 1070 costs much more due to mining otherwise it costs 5k more ideally. So you may seize the opportunity of charging him atleast 30k for the same. Else 25k is also not bad. Had the mining were not in place.

6 minutes ago, djanuj said:

25k seems like a good price but do note 1070 costs much more due to mining otherwise it costs 5k more ideally. So you may seize the opportunity of charging him atleast 30k for the same. Else 25k is also not bad. Had the mining were not in place.

Exactly I think 30K is a fair price but having difficulty selling it might consider 28k lets see. 

1 person likes this

Okay another dumb question. My isp has google peering will a chromecast get me peering speeds apart from youtube on apps like netflix, amazon prime video. I think the answer is no, right? Also which service in india use Akamai cdn, I know psn, netflix and hotstar does.

Edited by HEMAN

Hi,

I need RAM recommendations for the following setup:

Processor: Ryzen 1600X
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

CPU Cooler To Be Used: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo

RAM Requirement: 16GB of RAM (8GB X 2).
Usage: Gaming.
GPU: RX480
PSU: Seasonic X-750 Gold

I'm thinking about these two presently but there is an almost 6k price difference between the two (locally) so input regarding the same will be appreciated:

1. G.Skill Ripjaws [email protected] MHz (F4-2400C15S-8GVR) - 11k
2. G.Skill Trident Z @3200 MHz - 17k

Kindly recommend.

Regards,
Black_Hawk

Ryzen benefits from faster RAM. However, performance gains are almost nonexistent outside of benchmarks mainly for gaming. 

I'd go for 2400MHz and save the money for something else. 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Ryzen benefits from faster RAM. However, performance gains are almost nonexistent outside of benchmarks mainly for gaming. 

I'd go for 2400MHz and save the money for something else. 

Thanks Joe for your input, appreciate it. I couldn't be bothered about benchmarking so I'll just settle with 16GB of 2400 MHz Ripjaws V series.

I have issue with Corsair LPX DDR4 Ram. 2400mhz. I bought rams seperately on seperate dates. First ram was made by Hynix and worked great when it was the only one in the system. No freezing issues or hanging issues. Then later on bought same brand frequency model and installed in dual mode. First ram worked with 2132mhz and new ram worked with 2400mhz. However 2nd ram has Micron Chip and first one has SK Hynix. Now SK Hynix in dual channel only gives 2132 frequency. So have that for replacement. Now my computer freezes every now and then. Cannot play any game as it stutters and hangs. What can I do. I am simply thinking of selling ram and buy another brand dual channel kit.

15 hours ago, djanuj said:

I have issue with Corsair LPX DDR4 Ram. 2400mhz. I bought rams seperately on seperate dates. First ram was made by Hynix and worked great when it was the only one in the system. No freezing issues or hanging issues. Then later on bought same brand frequency model and installed in dual mode. First ram worked with 2132mhz and new ram worked with 2400mhz. However 2nd ram has Micron Chip and first one has SK Hynix. Now SK Hynix in dual channel only gives 2132 frequency. So have that for replacement. Now my computer freezes every now and then. Cannot play any game as it stutters and hangs. What can I do. I am simply thinking of selling ram and buy another brand dual channel kit.

Simple make both ram run 2100mhz only. can be done via bios. If running haswell or intel based system just turn on XMP profile. Make sure ram are installed in dual channel mode for sure. Usually its alternate socket.

Edited by HEMAN

On 23/09/2017 at 11:01 PM, Black_Hawk said:

1. G.Skill Ripjaws [email protected] MHz (F4-2400C15S-8GVR) - 11k
2. G.Skill Trident Z @3200 MHz - 17k

Overclock that 2400MHz kit to ~2666MHz. Should do fine for most of your needs and give a decent bump in performance. 

1 person likes this

Simple make both ram run 2100mhz only. can be done via bios. If running haswell or intel based system just turn on XMP profile. Make sure ram are installed in dual channel mode for sure. Usually its alternate socket.

I have already enabled xmp. Need 2400 on both ram. Too frustrating.

Suggest a RJ45 Router that can handle 100Mbps connection has minimum 4 lan ports and has a way to control speeds of devices connected to it through wifi. Like i want to give only 5mbps to a android device, In short limit bandwidth to any connected devices wired/wirless

Edited by HEMAN