[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

14 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

That's everything though

You are right haha!

Yes I think purchasing only DDR3 ram makes the most sense. Unfortunately can't find a single place selling 32GB / 16x2 dual band DDR3s. Even if they are it's super expensive.

I can get 2 sticks of single 8GB (not a dual band kit, but I guess it shouldn't be a problem) for about the same price as DDR4.

6 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

buy an SSD

Yup already got 2 of em! :) SSDs are awesome

Thanks Joe and Dylan, I'll try to hunt some DDR3 RAM! Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Need recommendation for my first Mechanical Keyboard.

Budget : ₹7-8k

Keyboard type : 65%

Switch : Still not sure

Usage : Typing, zero gaming

Hotswapable

RGB not mandatory but white backlit preferred

Keyboards in radar, Epomaker GK68xs and Keychron K2 v2

• 1 month later...

Planning to buy FIFA 21 for online multiplayer. Is it too late now ?

How long servers will be available to play , like after FIFA 22 , will FIFA 21 be dead in online dimension?

41 minutes ago, vikasps said:

How long servers will be available to play , like after FIFA 22 , will FIFA 21 be dead in online dimension?

@Joe Cool I think joe plays so he should be able to tell

7 hours ago, vikasps said:

Too late now mainly for FUT everything major has ended. Outside FUT population has always been quite low and keeps going down. You will be playing the same people and likely worse case in Asia.

Servers will stay online for years though. 

Not worth buying now. You are better off using EA Play and enjoy the game for a month for $5. 

I'm interested in building a gaming PC, not right now but in the near future. Buying a pre-built one seems expensive and  it would be a good experience to try to build one myself. Total noob though.

Primary use case would be apps like Photoshop and heavy programming tools/IDEs like Android studio/Visual studio and other stuff. Gaming definitely won't be a priority as I already own a console (PS5). I currently do my work on an Asus laptop from 2016. It' showing its age. Investing in another laptop seems like a bad choice.

CPU :- Ryzen Zen2 with integrated graphics

Motherboard:- ??

RAM:- at least DDR4 8GB

Storage: at least M.2 NVMe 500GB

Case : ??

Power supply : ??

What am I looking at price wise?

Some tips would be appreciative. I understand building a PC right now is stupid because of the global chips shortage so for now this is just for reference.

If you're working with Photoshop in a serious capacity I recommend doubling the RAM. Hell even tripling it will be good. 

Photoshop and Compiling code both make heavy use of CPU. So get a good CPU. Ryzen 5000 series seems good enough for this. 

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

If you're working with Photoshop in a serious capacity I recommend doubling the RAM. Hell even tripling it will be good. 

Photoshop and Compiling code both make heavy use of CPU. So get a good CPU. Ryzen 5000 series seems good enough for this. 

Okay. So at least 16GB is recommended.

By Ryzen 5000 you meant the Ryzen 5000G series, which has integrated graphics, right? Something else to lookout for, like the number of cores/base frequency/TDP etc?

13 minutes ago, Aloy said:

By Ryzen 5000 you meant the Ryzen 5000G series, which has integrated graphics, right? Something else to lookout for, like the number of cores/base frequency/TDP etc?

No not the one with integrated as those tend to be amds weaker cpus

Ryzen 5 5600X

If thats out of budget then Ryzen 5 3600 is good too today. 

You can couple it with a 4gb graphic card like GTX 1050ti

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

The latest apu’s by AMD have been giving decent performance @dylanjosh check some videos out, I am sure you’ll be impressed!

@Aloy you can wait for the new apu’s to arrive or get a decent build with a 4650G, the price hikes are there mostly for the GPU but you should be fine if you’re going with an APU Build

tagging @Gtek

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aloy said:

I'm interested in building a gaming PC, not right now but in the near future. Buying a pre-built one seems expensive and  it would be a good experience to try to build one myself. Total noob though.

Primary use case would be apps like Photoshop and heavy programming tools/IDEs like Android studio/Visual studio and other stuff. Gaming definitely won't be a priority as I already own a console (PS5). I currently do my work on an Asus laptop from 2016. It' showing its age. Investing in another laptop seems like a bad choice.

CPU :- Ryzen Zen2 with integrated graphics

Motherboard:- ??

RAM:- at least DDR4 8GB

Storage: at least M.2 NVMe 500GB

Case : ??

Power supply : ??

What am I looking at price wise?

Some tips would be appreciative. I understand building a PC right now is stupid because of the global chips shortage so for now this is just for reference.

Hello Aloy,

With respect to your purpose of system we'll recommend to get any APU having atleast 8Cores and 16Threads AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G is great for your workload else you shall consider AMD Ryzen 7 5800X + Cheap GPU just for the sake of getting display.

Paired with 16GB (8GB*2) Ram

MSI A520M Vector WiFi is really an good VFM since it costs nearly 7.8k~ and has WiFi and bluetooth.

For 4750G or 5800X based system any good 550w 80+ Bronze PSU shall do the job, we'll recommend Cooler Master MWE 550 V2 80+ Bronze PSU for the same.

For 4750G based system you can consider good entry level but having good airflow chassis under 4k~ but for 5800X based setup get an good airflow chasis like Phanteks P500A or Cooler Master MB511 ARGB/TD500 Mesh.

If you opt for 5800X based system get atleast an 240mm AIO liquid cooler or an really good beefy air cooler.

Let us know if you want to buy any of those components also feel free to ask any doubts or queries you have.

Regards

Gtek

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gtek said:

Hello Aloy,

With respect to your purpose of system we'll recommend to get any APU having atleast 8Cores and 16Threads AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G is great for your workload else you shall consider AMD Ryzen 7 5800X + Cheap GPU just for the sake of getting display.

Paired with 16GB (8GB*2) Ram

MSI A520M Vector WiFi is really an good VFM since it costs nearly 7.8k~ and has WiFi and bluetooth.

For 4750G or 5800X based system any good 550w 80+ Bronze PSU shall do the job, we'll recommend Cooler Master MWE 550 V2 80+ Bronze PSU for the same.

For 4750G based system you can consider good entry level but having good airflow chassis under 4k~ but for 5800X based setup get an good airflow chasis like Phanteks P500A or Cooler Master MB511 ARGB/TD500 Mesh.

If you opt for 5800X based system get atleast an 240mm AIO liquid cooler or an really good beefy air cooler.

Let us know if you want to buy any of those components also feel free to ask any doubts or queries you have.

Regards

Gtek

Thanks! This will help a lot.

I had a quick look at your recommended parts and as per online vendors, the system is coming out @60K INR (with a M.2 NVMe 500GB SSD). 

A few doubts,

1. That specific CPU is seemingly not readily available. Even if it is, it's available as its OEM version. Does that make a difference?

2. How is the rig with regards to future upgradability path? Will this be compatible with future AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs?

3. What are some things to keep in mind with regards to inter-compatibility of the parts (like sockets, cables, motherboard size, etc)?

On 6/7/2021 at 5:42 AM, Joe Cool said:

Too late now mainly for FUT everything major has ended. Outside FUT population has always been quite low and keeps going down. You will be playing the same people and likely worse case in Asia.

Servers will stay online for years though. 

Not worth buying now. You are better off using EA Play and enjoy the game for a month for $5. 

I just want some advice.  I get very limited time to play ( like 1 hr at max daily). And I want to play FIFA with other LIVE PLAYERS(Not Against CPU).

I even bought the PS PLUS for it. But I cannot afford to buy fifa each yr for that price. Also EA Play got FIFA 21 in may only when major events are finished.

So any advice or solution regarding this?

12 minutes ago, vikasps said:

I just want some advice.  I get very limited time to play ( like 1 hr at max daily). And I want to play FIFA with other LIVE PLAYERS(Not Against CPU).

I even bought the PS PLUS for it. But I cannot afford to buy fifa each yr for that price. Also EA Play got FIFA 21 in may only when major events are finished.

So any advice or solution regarding this?

All major stuff is over. FUT requires more than an hour really per day unless you just want to focus on the weekend league. Not sustainable with limited time. 

Your best bet would be to play normal seasons with other players. The population will continue to drop as we approach towards new FIFA (September). If you have more time you can spend on FUT and build your squad and play against others. 

EA Play has FIFA 21 already. You can try that or buy it during a sale if you don't plan to buy FIFA 22. 

7 hours ago, Aloy said:

Thanks! This will help a lot.

I had a quick look at your recommended parts and as per online vendors, the system is coming out @60K INR (with a M.2 NVMe 500GB SSD). 

A few doubts,

1. That specific CPU is seemingly not readily available. Even if it is, it's available as its OEM version. Does that make a difference?

2. How is the rig with regards to future upgradability path? Will this be compatible with future AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs?

3. What are some things to keep in mind with regards to inter-compatibility of the parts (like sockets, cables, motherboard size, etc)?

Hello Aloy,

1- AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G is an OEM CPU, these were meant to be sold only with prebuild but later on they are being sold separately with AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler. No that doesn't make any difference in warranty or some other service. You'll get full warranty from date of purchase just make sure the invoice has product's necessary details mentioned like serial number.

2- Both are great, but to be honest 4750G one shall be kinda old because it's based on old architecture Zen 2 (Renoir) but it shall perform really good considering it's price. For future upgradability both are good, you can install any Graphic card you want literally any because Graphic card doesn't have compatibility issue all it needs is an unoccupied PCIe x16 slot. 

Depending upon the Graphic card installed you might have to change the power supply in future if you get a power hungry card.

3- the main compatibility issue arises while selecting motherboard and processor. It's obvious if you're getting everything latest it would support DDR4 Memory.

Storage depends on your liking and if you're planning to get an NVMe SSD make sure to check if you motherboard has an slot for the same.. if you install 2 or more than 2 NVMe SSD some of your SATA Ports will be disabled so if you're gonna hook plenty of drives make sure to confirm about the same.

While selecting power supply make an estimate of the total power consumption of your system and get 150-200 wattage more PSU than the estimated one, it's always better to have more than expected wattage.

While choosing an cabinet don't go over those flashy RGB, select an cabinet which looks decent and has great airflow, if you can spend a good amount of money you can check for those cabinet which looks good and has RGB also has great airflow.

Cooling is an essential thing for the CPU and varies depending upon the TDP of CPU and other details.

For cooling solution you can DM us to know which one should you get according to your budget.

Let me know if you have any more doubts.

Regards,

Gtek

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

All major stuff is over. FUT requires more than an hour really per day unless you just want to focus on the weekend league. Not sustainable with limited time. 

Your best bet would be to play normal seasons with other players. The population will continue to drop as we approach towards new FIFA (September). If you have more time you can spend on FUT and build your squad and play against others. 

EA Play has FIFA 21 already. You can try that or buy it during a sale if you don't plan to buy FIFA 22. 

Ok thnx for the help...

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Gaming and work. My work is not very intensive but requires 10-15 open chrome tabs. My old laptop is barely keeping up.

I'm not a big fan of rgb. I'm leaning towards the white h510 nzxt cabinet. Only gpu I'm able to find is 1050ti. I'll upgrade the gpu once prices come back to normal.