arjun

[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

From cooler master to zebronics why the step down? Or is it place holder till the main one got replaced

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I got the cooler master years back with an intention of building a gaming pc gradually. But never really did that. So I felt getting a 600w would be not necessary as I have given up on the gaming pc thought. The guy said this is decent one. So I was like ok. I checked online it does seem to be good enough. 2 years warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From cooler master to zebronics why the step down? Or is it place holder till the main one got replaced

I got the cooler master years back with an intention of building a gaming pc gradually. But never really did that. So I felt getting a 600w would be not necessary as I have given up on the gaming pc thought. The guy said this is decent one. So I was like ok. I checked online it does seem to be good enough. 2 years warranty.

The thing is you could have gone for a reputed brand even at a lower wattage if you were on a tight budget than a no name Zebronics PSU. People often skimp on the PSU, the one component that could potentially blast your PC to outer space.
Infact I don't even think the PSU you got is 80+ rated. I would not touch a unrated PSU with a 10 foot pole. It's not about not wanting a gaming PC. It's about wanting quality even when on a budget.

Have a read on this, you will understand why I say so.

https://pcmrindia.com/2018/golden-chest/#PSU

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

The thing is you could have gone for a reputed brand even at a lower wattage if you were on a tight budget than a no name Zebronics PSU. People often skimp on the PSU, the one component that could potentially blast your PC to outer space.
Infact I don't even think the PSU you got is 80+ rated. I would not touch a unrated PSU with a 10 foot pole. It's not about not wanting a gaming PC. It's about wanting quality even when on a budget.

Have a read on this, you will understand why I say so.

https://pcmrindia.com/2018/golden-chest/#PSU

Which one would you recommend?

Go through that list in the link that I posted. It has recommended PSU at all price ranges. At the ultra cheap level you should go for Corsair CX Grey Series, they are better than the old Green ones. And proper 80+ bronze certified, they won't blow up the PC unlike the Zebronics one.

Not sure about your budget, this one look shiny THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W 80 PLUS SMPS PS-SPR-0500NHSAWE-1

Rs.3943 at primeabgb
5 years warranty