The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Do iPhones have international warranty ? Planning to get one from USA ... Are there other things to consider when importing one

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yes they do. However warranty not applicable in India because there's no apple store. Only apple resellers. Its always advised to buy apple care too for more reach.

^^ Nope

Actually yes it has. But only applicable on countries which has Apple Store. Like HK/Amsterdam etc.

Guys what would be your dream Phone specs be like? Mine would be

4.7 inch or 5 inch 1280*720 AMOLED display

Snapdragon 625/Adreno 510

4gb ram/64gb rom

75% screen to body ratio for 4.7 or 80% for 5 inch

4000 mah removable battery with fast charge

Expandable memory and dual sim slots

Waterproof, dust proof and shatter proof

Stock Android Nougat

Although this would be my dream Phone, such a phone could easily be made and sold for under 20k. Its like dream Phone on a budget. If only such a phone existed...

Damn what did you exchange for such a steep discount? Planning to get a Moto Z Play myself. How is the camera?

Xperia Z1, surprisingly Flipkart offered 6k for it [emoji1]. Another 2k off for axis bank card.

Camera is 'decent' in good light. Bad in low light.

Xperia Z1, surprisingly Flipkart offered 6k for it [emoji1]. Another 2k off for axis bank card.

Camera is 'decent' in good light. Bad in low light.

Thanks. Any idea if it has international warranty? Cant find that info anywhere.

Edited by dylanjosh

Xiaomi just announced milte 2 with awesome specs.

But then they went one step further, and announced this bloody awesome phone..

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-official-6.4-inch-ceramic-monster-with-high-end-specs-and-a-91.3-screen-to-body-ratio_id87001

Only if it was a 5.5" screen, xiaomi us turning the heat big time.

They killed it this time, what a beautiful design. The size is huge, but guess that was a trade off to go almost bezel less. No adhesives used, take a bow xiaomi, you have put Samsung, LG, HTC everyone to Shame.

snippets.

- 6.4 edgeless display: Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratiohighest on any smartphone to date

- Full ceramic body: Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons, 8 MoHs hardness. Seamless connectors fuse Mi MIXs body without any external adhesives

- Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology replaces the traditional earpiece speaker, allowing you to listen to calls without the earpiece

- Ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display, replaces traditional infrared proc sensor

- Custom 17:9 display, large 16:9 viewing area even with soft keys

- Soft keys with auto-hide Quick Ball allow easy navigation and reachability while keeping Mi MIX sleek and minimalist

- Compact front camera, 50% smaller than traditional camera modules, imperceptibly located along Mi MIXs chin

- Custom round-edged display allowed us to create a more immersive, edgeless viewing experience

- Snapdragon 821 at 2.35GHz

- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 storage; 6GB + 256GB (Mi Mix 18k)

- 4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0

- Full NFC Functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi Pay ready

- HD audio quality, 192kHz / 24-bit resolution

- GPS high-precision positioning

- 16MP PDAF rear camera

- MIUI 8

- Mi MIX 18k with 18-karat gold rims around camera and fingerprint sensor; 6GB + 256GB

- RMB 3499 (4GB + 128GB, approx USD 516); RMB 3999 Mi MIX 18k (6GB + 256GB, approx USD 590 )

WTF??!! 91% screen to body ratio!!? Hats off to Xiomi. Amazing design.

Now please make a 5 inch screen phone with 80% screen to body ratio and price under 10k and i swear i will buy it!

6.4" is just too big..Wish it was just 5"

Same size as most 5.5 inch screen phones.

But yeah 5 inch with high screen to body ratio would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Moto z play is extremely overpriced imo. You will find much better phones for that much money. Also, 615 is at best a mid range processor that too a generation older. Even redmi note 3 offers a much better processor for a fraction of the cost

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

At 25k, it is indeed overpriced. But its a damn good phone at around 20k. Also, its 625, not 615.

It can never compete with op3 and mi5.

Mi5 is only 23k and regularly sells for 20k after discounts

Depends completely on his requirement, many want regular software updates, and not just the initial lesser price.

• Like 1

It can never compete with op3 and mi5.

Mi5 is only 23k and regularly sells for 20k after discounts

It can, if instead of just raw spec one cares about software and general day to day performance.

I am using this phone and I know for a fact that the only thing I'm missing by not buying Mi3 or OP3 is, most likely, a better camera. Everything else in Z play, for me, is stellar (have already written in details about that in Android thread).

I don't care about comparatively weaker specs coz I'm not gonna be running benchmarks and looking at the scores all day. What I do instead, is use the phone the way its meant to be by an average user- Browsing, light gaming, phone calls, social media, occasional photos etc. It does all of that perfectly and gives me excellent battery backup in the process, which NEITHER Mi3 or OP3 does.

Edited by quixote_1989

Depends completely on his requirement, many want regular software updates, and not just the initial lesser price.

Exactly.

To sum up my previous, long post-

Z Play is butter smooth in everyday usage with a lovely display, loud & clear speaker and SUPERB battery backup.

I feel I have totally gotten my money's worth.

Totally understand your perspective.

I was almost set on buying Mi5 or One X9. But then Z Play came along, reviews were excellent and Flipkart gave a great exchange offer so.... Edited by quixote_1989