The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

guys,

I recently broke the charging and usb connecting pin on my android phone Lava iris 504q+....i got it fixed in local repair shop and it charges and all but when i connect to pc it does not show up.

It only charges....kya karoon?...

That can't be a hardware issue. Does your phone have an option to switch between charging / MTP / Camera modes of connecting to the PC?

That can't be a hardware issue. Does your phone have an option to switch between charging / MTP / Camera modes of connecting to the PC?

I searched on the net...it seems the person has not soldered it properly with the pcb....

and no i dont see any such options on my mobile...the thing is USB thing is not highlightining only forme to choose.

^ MOTO G3 Turbo would be my recommendation. Decent snappy specs, good UI, smooth functionality and stock Android.

I checked the specs..it seems to have snapdragon 615 and i have heard the processor has heating issues. ? Is it problematic.

I checked the specs..it seems to have snapdragon 615 and i have heard the processor has heating issues. ? Is it problematic.

I have the SD615 on my moto x play no heating issues it gets hot but to normal levels. But go for a moto g4 i think e-retailers should have Christmas discounts coming up. Last year as well phones were heavily discounted on FK.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Moto g4 plus? A very good phone. My uncle uses it and was impressed with it.

Not in day-to-day tasks like your father will use it for.

Moto g4 plus? A very good phone. My uncle uses it and was impressed with it.

Not G4 plus...G3 Turbo. i thought of G4 plus first but then its 5.5" screen..i feel it might be uncomfortable for him plus the fingerprint scanner he might find it overwhelming..He isn't a tech savvy guy. Also, the phone has pretty bad reviews on Amazon.

Not in day-to-day tasks like your father will use it for.

Ya, then its fine..

• 2 weeks later...

Guys. I bought one plus 3t. Is there a way to extend warranty which covers spills and liquid damage as well? I saw one on amazon but costs 5k. Too expensive. Any other option? Also is there a waterproof and shockproof case for one plus 3t? Just like otterbox for iPhone?

For iOS (iPhone 6), is google chromecast 2 a good media streamer?

I heard chromecast is more android biased, but is that true?

Chromecast is 2500/- and Apple TV 10k :P

Isliye jaanna jaroori hai

Depends on what you want to watch?

If it's only youtube, or any of the apps which are chrome cast supported, then it doesn't really make a difference.

You cannot mirror your iPhone for example, but you can mirror your android phone.

• Like 1

Guys need to know urgently, is a slight current/tingling/mild shock sensation on the sides of a metallic phone WHILE CHARGING-a common place and not harmful?

Have anyone of you ever had personal experience? And if yes, is it more to do with a faulty phone or bad earthing in one's house?

Does anyone here use Lumia phones? How do you like it? I recently bought my second windows phone Lumia 532 and other than the fact its a dead ecosystem with no apps and camera that sucks, its a fine phone overall.

I won't upgrade it from 8.1 Denim to 10 because I've only heard bad thing that about WP10.