The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

8 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

I have been using the oneplus 3 and i have to say this, i am not entirely happy with the phone's software. i have a lot of issues with connectivity and battery drains. Their SW updates are unreliable.Thankfully, i have not had to get the phone serviced till now, so can't comment on OP's after sales service.

I don't think i would go for another one of the small(new/Chinese) company phones. :|

I would probably go back to Samsung.. :(

Why don't you try a custom rom, they have a huge community 

13 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

I tried custom ROMs on my first android phone... HTC desire S.... :P

It is too much work.... to look for stable builds and all...

On the contrary its easy. 

~$500. LOL. BBfIVkc.png

19 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

I have been using the oneplus 3 and i have to say this, i am not entirely happy with the phone's software. i have a lot of issues with connectivity and battery drains. Their SW updates are unreliable.Thankfully, i have not had to get the phone serviced till now, so can't comment on OP's after sales service.

I don't think i would go for another one of the small(new/Chinese) company phones. :|

I would probably go back to Samsung.. :(

One reason I never buy these small/Chinese company stuff. Just not worth going frugal on something you plan to use daily. 

Quality comes at a price. 

I know flashing is pretty straight forward.. the hard part is finding a good stable custom Rom which i like.... hahah

Also, may do it once warranty runs out. [emoji4]

The warranty doesn't get affected even if you flash a custom rom. At least that was the case for the opo. There are many super stable builds out there as well.

I am still rocking the og oneplus running super stable nougat.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The warranty doesn't get affected even if you flash a custom rom. At least that was the case for the opo. There are many super stable builds out there as well.

I am still rocking the og oneplus running super stable nougat.

This is not true any more, oneplus denied me warrant on a rooted oneplus 3 saying there official status is not to support rooted oneplus phones for any hardware defects even if it is in warranty period.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This is not true any more, oneplus denied me warrant on a rooted oneplus 3 saying there official status is not to support rooted oneplus phones for any hardware defects even if it is in warranty period.

Oh :O

Wasn't it part of their marketing during the initial launch of the one? That users are free to load whatever ROM that they wanted. Came with an unlocked bootloader as well.

Oh :O

Wasn't it part of their marketing during the initial launch of the one? That users are free to load whatever ROM that they wanted. Came with an unlocked bootloader as well.

Yup it was and they were very proud about it and advertised it a lot. But in India the aftersales if officially handled by some 3rd party company and they have an policy that changed after the launch of 3T that they will not provide hardware warranty for rooted phones. The max they will do is flash stock rom again.

That's wrong.
On support site it's written warranty won't automatically void because of root.
It's only void if damage is because of root.
They have to first assess it.
You should tweet it and raise a ticket.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Bro go to an official oneplus service center, they will tell you the same. It's only on the site that it is written. In practicality they have stopped providing hardware support for rooted phones. The way they work is that since you are rooted you could have overclocked the phone causing overheating and damage the phone and there is no way you can prove them otherwise.

9 minutes ago, adity said:

That's just a moronic thing to say. If CPU got damaged I can understand. But say display not working or speaker not working or an issue with the mic and to blame it on root is absolutely irresponsible.

What was the issue btw? You might wanna tweet to carl pei. Tell the customer support to give in writing that issue was caused due to root.

It's not about money but they should not be allowed to get away with it.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Exactly, that's why i have completely lost faith in the oneplus brand and now dont recommend it to anyone.

My screen was faulty, it had lost sensitivity, it would not register touch and swipes. I had to literally beg him to change it for 4 hours before he took a pity on me and arrogantly changed it.

I made a post on reddit about it and the thread blew up quite a bit, you can read it here

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...