The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

3 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

^ Why no longer waiting for Xiaomi? 

Also, why not Xioami Mi A1 or MOTO G5 Plus? 

I realized i need 2 separate sim slots and sd card slot which xiomi doesnt have.Now just waiting for my phone to die so i can pick one up but phone refuses to die man.

g5 plus also has 2 sim and 1 microsd and is much cheaper as well but A5 feels a bit more special.

4 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

I realized i need 2 separate sim slots and sd card slot which xiomi doesnt have.Now just waiting for my phone to die so i can pick one up but phone refuses to die man.

g5 plus also has 2 sim and 1 microsd and is much cheaper as well but A5 feels a bit more special.

I hope you know that you get zero or very limited follow-on support if you pick up the 'special' device. 

I hope you know that you get zero or very limited follow-on support if you pick up the 'special' device. 

Redmi 5A launched today. 4999 for base model. It even has a dedicated micro SD slot. Am definitely going to try my luck in the flash sale. This is a great value for money.

looking to upgrade from my Moto G4 PLus, its been giving me problems.  Dont want another Moto G.

Looked at MiA1 - want seprate slots for 2 sims and SD Card

Looked at Nokia 6 - has bad camera is what i read, does not have fast charging

budget 15 to 20k - suggestions please.

phone to be used for usual stuff, not going to game on it.

Edited by pbpoovannagamer

On 01/12/2017 at 8:30 PM, pbpoovannagamer said:

looking to upgrade from my Moto G4 PLus, its been giving me problems.  Dont want another Moto G.

Looked at MiA1 - want seprate slots for 2 sims and SD Card

Looked at Nokia 6 - has bad camera is what i read, does not have fast charging

budget 15 to 20k - suggestions please.

phone to be used for usual stuff, not going to game on it.

Honor 8 is good. Galaxy A5 2017 is also good. But Honor 8 is single sim.

Hey everyone, I need to buy a new phone. With my overstretched budget, I can afford a Pixel 2 XL 64gb off Flipkart sale. But is it better getting 5T 64gb or even 128gb and saving all that dough. I know both are fantastic with Pixel obviously being better. But is it worth extra 26/23k over 5T? Please I need a lots of advice, help me.

12 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Hey everyone, I need to buy a new phone. With my overstretched budget, I can afford a Pixel 2 XL 64gb off Flipkart sale. But is it better getting 5T 64gb or even 128gb and saving all that dough. I know both are fantastic with Pixel obviously being better. But is it worth extra 26/23k over 5T? Please I need a lots of advice, help me.

Anyone?

1 hour ago, adity said:

Pixel XL has a terrible screen. You'd be better off picking up pixel or s8. 5t isn't bad either but oneplus support is terrible. 

I have seen my relative's S5,6,7 and even 8 slowing down randomly while opening apps or going through chrome. So no samsung.

Pixel is too small and too much bezel for me. I am still rocking my Oneplus One (invite bought), so Oneplus isn't a problem. And many reviewers are saying Pixel XL screen is now better after update and was just blown out of proportion. 

Anyways I just wanted to know is Pixel really worth 25k more than 5T? I don't want to buy and miss my savings later.

4 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Anyways I just wanted to know is Pixel really worth 25k more than 5T? I don't want to buy and miss my savings later.

Nope. Although the OnePlus 5 is the better device in my books. The 5T camera is a real downer. 

4 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I have seen my relative's S5,6,7 and even 8 slowing down randomly while opening apps or going through chrome. So no samsung.

Pixel is too small and too much bezel for me. I am still rocking my Oneplus One (invite bought), so Oneplus isn't a problem. And many reviewers are saying Pixel XL screen is now better after update and was just blown out of proportion. 

The blue screen tint still exists in the XL, it's a hardware issue. I was also going to pull the trigger on XL but having seen it in action convinced me otherwise. Admittedly, it's not as bad as it sounds because most people will not notice it but the fact is you should not have such an issue on a premier flagship phone after spending 60k plus on it.

• Like 1

Just now, PSFooty7 said:

The blue screen tint still exists in the XL, it's a hardware issue. I was also going to pull the trigger on XL but having seen it in action convinced me otherwise. Admittedly, it's not as bad as it sounds because most people will not notice it but the fact is you should not have such an issue on a premier flagship phone after spending 60k plus on it.

Very much this. 

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

Nope. Although the OnePlus 5 is the better device in my books. The 5T camera is a real downer. 

I don't click too many pics per se but when I do, I expect to capture a great one and that's why I am reluctant to go with 5T with it's HDR issues. It's bad that no android smartphone is ticking all the marks for enthusiasts.

1 hour ago, PSFooty7 said:

That is true, I am just gonna pop in my nearest store and have a look at for myself. Sale runs till tom, so got time to decide. I want a good camera and that's where 5T falls short.

41 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I don't click too many pics per se but when I do, I expect to capture a great one and that's why I am reluctant to go with 5T with it's HDR issues. 

Go for the HTC U11 if you can live with some bezels. 

Alternately wait for LG to release the V30 (the P-OLED display is all sorts of funky, so be warned).

If you cannot wait, the OnePlus 5 is the best bet, all the negative press notwithstanding.  

Edited by ALPHA17