The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/redmi-5-india-launch-date-february-14-price-specifications-variants-1808683

Redmi 5 launching on Feb 14....Hope they remain in the best specs category..These ads and promotions now hopefully dont effect their specs as they would want to remain in the vicinity of affordable smartphones...

On 06/02/2018 at 7:48 AM, harjas said:

Waiting for Samsung to release a Oreo update for the note, have they always been so late?

Enlist in their Beta programme, if there is one. 

If not, yeah! Samsung is not even bothered right now. And for the Note 8, the delay is understandable since they have to integrate all the S-Pen features in. Most of which now have a direct equivalent in the AOSP. 

On 01/02/2018 at 5:50 PM, kunjanp said:

Hi everyone, I need help in how to handle my device's replacement with Google.

I bought Pixel 2 XL on 9th Dec, it's wifi was DOA, filed a replacement, was picked up on 11th Dec, took 2 weeks for a replacement. 

After 10 days of use, there was significant screen burn-in and battery was faulty, it took 20 mins for it to charge by 1%. Filed for a replacement again, technician diagnosed it thoroughly acknowledging the fault and took it with him.

It's been 3 weeks now and I haven't received the device, Google Support tells me they don't have stock for White color. 

They have really haven't been responding to my emails and lying, I was told 1 week ago that it's been repaired and awaiting shipment but apparently that wasn't the case.

Now today ta representative told me to wait another week for an update, Seriously that will be 4 weeks, and they won't give me a timeline, it could be 3 days or even 3 weeks acc. to him. I wasn't even provided a standby device.

Meanwhile price went down by 5k which is my lose because I had device only for 15 days out 51 it's been since I bought it at Croma, they teared my 1.5k screen guards twice before taking it for replacement and now just are blatantly cheating me after me paying them 65k.

Please give advice how to proceed further, is anyone familiar with consumer court? I am all ears.

Quick follow up for people to know what they are getting in terms of after sales support from Google in India.

So it's been 4 weeks since my phone was sent in for replacement. I received a call last Monday that stock for Panda has come in and will be delivered within a day.

Today I received another call from Google support that since they don't have stock, they would like to give me the just black variant? I was like "Whaaaat?". Acc. to the guy no stock came and wasn't even supposed too and since I had a vocal communication with the last guy, he wasn't able to confirm his words until I told him they record all calls and I can send it to them too because I did record as well.

Result: Been told to wait till next week's Fri for delivery. That will more than a month without a phone on top of the 2 weeks of the first replacement.

When I said I will pay the difference for 128gb model's mrp if they have that in stock, i received a straight no.

Highly disappointed, complaint has been registered with consumer helpline, probably will file a follow up consumer court appeal, these big companies try to get away with anything.

Probably wouldn't hurt as much if Apple didn't upgrade my sister's X from 64 to 256gb free of charge because they didn't have the 64 variant in stock.

Quick follow up for people to know what they are getting in terms of after sales support from Google in India.
So it's been 4 weeks since my phone was sent in for replacement. I received a call last Monday that stock for Panda has come in and will be delivered within a day.
Today I received another call from Google support that since they don't have stock, they would like to give me the just black variant? I was like "Whaaaat?". Acc. to the guy no stock came and wasn't even supposed too and since I had a vocal communication with the last guy, he wasn't able to confirm his words until I told him they record all calls and I can send it to them too because I did record as well.
Result: Been told to wait till next week's Fri for delivery. That will more than a month without a phone on top of the 2 weeks of the first replacement.
When I said I will pay the difference for 128gb model's mrp if they have that in stock, i received a straight no.

Highly disappointed, complaint has been registered with consumer helpline, probably will file a follow up consumer court appeal, these big companies try to get away with anything.

Probably wouldn't hurt as much if Apple didn't upgrade my sister's X from 64 to 256gb free of charge because they didn't have the 64 variant in stock.
That's why you don't buy an expensive phone that too from Google. Atleast with iPhone you still have the peace of mind even the the resale value is no longer holding.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

What fault did your sister's iPhone x have if you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Pathetic service from Google, it's just not them, it's pretty much all of them, all they need is your money. Though I did have some good experience with lg and Samsung. 

7 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

That's why you don't buy an expensive phone that too from Google. Atleast with iPhone you still have the peace of mind even the the resale value is no longer holding.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

You can't deny but Pixel 2 XL is a great phone, this is not Iphone vs Pixel, but how Google is running services, it's a first I have experienced this with them having bought Nexus and Pixel OG as well. To be honest, Samsung is running pretty good service too, so I don't mind spending money on these brands.

Edited by kunjanp

7 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

What fault did your sister's iPhone x have if you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

My sister has been a true Apple loyalist, upgrading her mobile every year and other device every alternate, so I guess Apple made this effort for a returning customer.

Wireless charging was a hit and a miss half the times no matter which charger she used and Face ID didn't work at all, used to get unlock with anyone's face.

New unit is faultless.

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

Pathetic service from Google, it's just not them, it's pretty much all of them, all they need is your money. Though I did have some good experience with lg and Samsung. 

If you stay in Delhi then 1+ is not bad either especially with their centre in Select Citywalk, my friends 1+5 was replaced in 1hr following diagnosis.