The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

Please suggest a phone under 20k.
Requirements - Decent camera, internal storage 32gb or more, readily available(no flash sales). Something which could last at least for 2 years without much lag. Need to buy for aunt. The pos samsung phone she is using takes ages to do anything and is always out of internal memory.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

you can try HUawei p20 lite, check some reviews.
How is huawei after sales service here? Also any other suggestions which have been out for some time and have user reviews?

How is huawei after sales service here? Also any other suggestions which have been out for some time and have user reviews?

Just now, aj21 said:

my wife phne had a problem, they ifxed it in 2 hrs. Seems ok in Bangalore, though very limited service centers.

• Like 1

What is the difference between P20 lite and Honor 9 Lite? Why would one buy P20 lite for 20k which has much worse SoC than Asus Zenfone Max Plus for 10k which has 636.

I was buying Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 but on May 3rd I found out that it's only pre-order. Tentative release May 13th delivery date May 17th. 

So I bought Honor 9 Lite instead. Seriously these flash sales, pre-orders and exclusive online partners have made it nearly impossible to buy budget phones these days.

I was buying Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 but on May 3rd I found out that it's only pre-order. Tentative release May 13th delivery date May 17th. 
So I bought Honor 9 Lite instead. Seriously these flash sales, pre-orders and exclusive online partners have made it nearly impossible to buy budget phones these days.
We could have wait for Moto g6 release

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

We could have wait for Moto g6 release

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Who knows maybe even that will have flash sales or pre-order. Anyways that's the beauty of waiting always something good on the horizon. 

On 01/05/2018 at 3:21 PM, AtheK said:

my wife phne had a problem, they ifxed it in 2 hrs. Seems ok in Bangalore, though very limited service centers.

What problem did the phone have?

On 05/05/2018 at 9:35 AM, HEMAN said:

Another sale was planned for 10. Might get it as a workhorse. 

32 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Another sale was planned for 10. Might get it as a workhorse. 

I bought 9lite instead because of small screen size and it was showing one day delivery. Asus screen size. 5.99inch is big for one hand usage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HEMAN said:

I bought 9lite instead because of small screen size and it was showing one day delivery. Asus screen size. 5.99inch is big for one hand usage. 

It is the new 'tall' aspect ratio, unless you have really small hands I find the former much easier to use than traditional widescreen aspect smartphones. 

1 minute ago, ALPHA17 said:

It is the new 'tall' aspect ratio, unless you have really small hands I find the former much easier to use than traditional widescreen aspect smartphones. 

I was originally interested in Nokia 6 (2018) but I felt it was a tad overpriced. 13k and it would have sold extremely well. 

9 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

I was originally interested in Nokia 6 (2018) but I felt it was a tad overpriced. 13k and it would have sold extremely well. 

For what HMD offers it is priced fine. Although it is fairly bulky and slightly harder to operate because it feels wider in my hand.