The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think navigation using Android gestures (A12) is just much better than iOS. You can customize the flick gesture to "go back'" on both sides of the screen. On iOS, it only works when doing it from left side, making it tougher for small hands. Also, I could do text size much smaller on Android vs iOS (pet peeve). 

Share sheet, IMO, is also better on Android. 

But the haptics on iPhone are a class apart. I ALWAYS turn off haptics on all Android phones, including Pixels, but iPhone haptics are really good. 

FaceID is superb ! Only gripe - you can't set more than one. And double tap + FaceID needed to buy apps. 

Great battery, camera, fluidity.

Love Apple Arcade + Apple Music. 

Widgets, to my surprise, are better on iOS. Android widgets are stuck in 1994. 

You can setup alternate face id, i configured it to work with mask, you can use another face.

That said the way watch and phone work together are phenomenal, you have watch on your hand, phone will unlock, you have phone in your hand watch will unlock. It's just flawless.

Truecaller is very limited and missed, one of few apps which are better on Android, maybe due to ease of allowing access.

Another feature i miss from android is notifications, i can in android switch off certain notification for an app, not possible to do in iOS.

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

You can setup alternate face id, i configured it to work with mask, you can use another face.

That said the way watch and phone work together are phenomenal, you have watch on your hand, phone will unlock, you have phone in your hand watch will unlock. It's just flawless.

Truecaller is very limited and missed, one of few apps which are better on Android, maybe due to ease of allowing access.

Another feature i miss from android is notifications, i can in android switch off certain notification for an app, not possible to do in iOS.

Thanks for the alternate FaceID tip. 

Notifications are a pain, yup. I wanted to just stop notifications from turning on the screen, and apparently that's not possible (lulwut Apple ?). I have to keep DND on. Android is extremely customizable in this regard. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What's stopping them is the fact that Apple skull f**ked their business model by disabling tracking so they make it easier to switch from apple to android but not the other way round. 

Yeah. Thought so too. But they make it easier to switch from Apple to Samsung, not any other Android. Weird flex. 

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Thanks for the alternate FaceID tip. 

Notifications are a pain, yup. I wanted to just stop notifications from turning on the screen, and apparently that's not possible (lulwut Apple ?). I have to keep DND on. Android is extremely customizable in this regard. 

If you are wearing the watch, watch just vibrates, screen does not light up ;)

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

If you are wearing the watch, watch just vibrates, screen does not light up ;)

Need another kidney to buy the watch. :bash:

Also, only Apple can ask for another 30k for solving a notification problem ! :rofl:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

41 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think you mean iPhone to Android. And by Android, Apple means Samsung. You can't transfer to any other Android phone. :loco:

Android to iPhone is not supported, but WA is reportedly working on it (for months now). It can't be so tough - there is something else stopping them from baking the functionality. 

Yeah, you are right. I swapped the order when I typed it out :fear1:

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I'm looking at the 12/256 S22 U. Hoping for some good discounts and exchange. Shame that India will end up getting the Exynos 2200. I had my hopes up when there were rumours that the Exynos launch will be delayed and S22 series will get the 8 Gens

Dunno if this is the right thread or not. A buddy of mine is in Dubai right now and wants to buy himself a iPhone and Apple Watch. He wanted to know if either of them have intl warranty and if its cheaper to buy there or back in India?

28 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dunno if this is the right thread or not. A buddy of mine is in Dubai right now and wants to buy himself a iPhone and Apple Watch. He wanted to know if either of them have intl warranty and if its cheaper to buy there or back in India?

I am not sure if that's still the case but Facetime wasn't available in Dubai iPhones.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

phone has international warranty, not sure about watch.

Also only makes sense if he is buying the pro version, if it is the normal iPhone 13, he can get it in India at almost the same price with the regular cashback discounts.

Edited by AtheK
  • Thanks 1

@dante77

Finally got it yesterday OnePlus 9RT 8/128 .Would have gotten it earlier if OnePlus online store had processed purchase order with exchange of my OnePlus 5t at 10.2k ( they were giving exchange bonus of 4k on old phone)  And with card discount of 4k i could have gotten 12/256 variant for 32.8 net .But OnePlus store would get stuck at checkout saying no shipping method available.   

The offline store also ran the exchange bonus few days back and got it from there yesterday. They didn't have 12/256 in Black so went for the 8/128 - could only get exchange bonus on it . As overall amount with exchange was 32.2k and to get card discount billing had to be of 36k . Silver variant was available in 12/256 and would have costed me 32.2k (after card discount and exchange) as well . But hacker black dekhne k baad silver lene ki iccha hi nahi hui 

IMG-20220201-WA0008.jpg

• Like 4