The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

17 minutes ago, ngaged2005 said:

It will be easily available as not many takers for the K20 with its premium price tag. Fastest finger currently is on the redmi 7a for 5799 and 5999. Sold out in 60 seconds on the first sale. It's a first for xiaomi as it comes with 2 years warranty. 

Ya maybe, but in alpha sale 256  GB got sold quickly, luckily they opened some more slots next day, and I was able to get one. 128+6 was easily available. 

25 minutes ago, adity said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Ordered Samsung since note 7 Pro wasn't available. Didn't want realme since it has no track record. 

Install rootless launcher and it turns into pixel UI which is super easy.

Got the K20 Pro yesterday. It has been a good 36 hrs with the phone.

Few impressions,

- Display is good. HDR contents look gorgeous. (But missing the S7s PPI levels)

- Battery is phenomenal. With auto brightness and and good usage of apps, some games, plus miui exploration. It gave me a screen on time of 8+ hrs. Hopefully this stays!

- OS experience - miui has been a pain because of the bloatware(can't disable) and for certain things (esp. notifications not appearing in status ar and lock screen), but once we get around that, everything works well and it's snappy.

- Camera is pretty good. Stock cam is great for daylight and gcam nightsight pics are so clear.

- Sound quality over speaker is average but it's loud. Would have loved a stereo setup pointed towards the viewer. Sq over headphones is good, better than my S7

Flipkart's tempered glass was awful, it's small and cuts out some of the edges of the display. DO NOT get it!

Any other online suggestions for this?

Edited by Ram Dante

It will be easily available as not many takers for the K20 with its premium price tag. Fastest finger currently is on the redmi 7a for 5799 and 5999. Sold out in 60 seconds on the first sale. It's a first for xiaomi as it comes with 2 years warranty. 
Not so easily.. e0ce0e5f893f7deecfb3b2e2945bc118.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Even that was out of stock within a minute

Black is still available, during alpha sale it never went out of stock. 

14 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

The 8 gb one is going oos because there are very less items for sale.

Basically it's more value for money.. For 3k extra you double the space and 2 gb more ram, so it is the first preference generally I guess. Everyone in my group picked 256 GB, though trend here is different. Interesting. 

• Like 1

Been using Galaxy A50 now for over a month now and  extremely happy from the phone apart from the Finger Print Sensor. Camera is awesome,doesnt lag and looks great. Excellent stuff from Samsung.

51 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Basically it's more value for money.. For 3k extra you double the space and 2 gb more ram, so it is the first preference generally I guess. Everyone in my group picked 256 GB, though trend here is different. Interesting. 

It’s because of budget and requirements. I have 64 gb iphone and even that has 4 gb free space. 128 is already a luxury for me. Also my budget was 25k, already stretching it by 3K for this. 31k is way over budget.

It’s because of budget and requirements. I have 64 gb iphone and even that has 4 gb free space. 128 is already a luxury for me. Also my budget was 25k, already stretching it by 3K for this. 31k is way over budget.
but clearly Bharat Ki janta wants moreeeee, hence the sold out... Anyway both are gone, guess should stabilize after couple. Of sales.

Biwi was also ok for 128, just that I thought getting the 8 gb will help more. 128 gb space is luxury, that I agree. Unfortunately no 128+8 combo available.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Black is still available, during alpha sale it never went out of stock. 

Yeah, black didn't go out of stock for me either. But blue and red for some reason went out of stock within 1-2 minutes.