The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

3G Auctions on Dec 7

NEW DELHI: The government will hold the much-awaited 3G spectrum auction for GSM operators on December 7 and invite bids from October 26 to November 13.

It will hold the auction for EVDO (CDMA version of 3G) and Broadband Wireless Access after two days of the 3G auction. The winners will have to pay their bid deposit amounts within five days of the closure of the auction and pay the balance after 15 days .

The Department of Telecom will issue a revised Information Memorandum on September 29. And keeping in view the security concerns, it has asked for publications of ownership details of the applicants along with compliance certificates so that nothing goes wrong at the bidding stage.

According to the timetable, aspirant companies would have to submit their authenticated ownership certificates by November 23. And before that they will have to give details of their shareholdings by November 18.

A pre-bid conference will be held on October 12 and the deadline for submission of questions for the meet will be held on October 8. The DoT will issue clarifications if any on October 22. A mock auction will be held for two days on October 3 and 4. - P TI

Link

G1 is pretty good as no it can have the hero sense ui as well ...thts for about 20k

but then the looks are bland

diamond 2 is pretty cool if u can get a good deal for or perhaps the omnia hd

but im not aware of the curret prices

nokia e75 is pretty good but then its nokia so the UI OS is pretty bland and outdated

• 2 weeks later...

My HTC Touch is dead. 1 year and 4 months old. Not getting the signal on it. Tried every trick in the book before I sent it in for servicing.

The guy said it would cost me 3k, shipped it to Mumbai and yesterday called me and said that it would cost 80% of the cost price. I told him to f**k off.

Any way I can revive the dead phone for cheaper?