The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

well the surepress sucked on storm as they only had 1 sensor in the middle of the screen no the have 4 sensors on each corner in storm 2 and it works great...my bb keypad friends found themselves typing much faster and easily then thier own qwerty bb phones

its awesome

Quick question folks: Where can i get the screen guard for iPhone 2g changed in South Delhi? Any approximation on the shop, cost and brand name for screen guards.

Thank you.

Edited by punit

in this latest so called N8 Just look at the touch responsive and look how slow is the thing coming out when pressed in the first 10 seconds.. Seriously N900 is one Awesome phone but the charge :( and N97 - No Comment make one call,it will get hung before making the next one :devil:

yumtee why not go for an android? i've spent the last 3 weekends absolutely beating the sh1t out of the android OS and the gazillion roms and hack and what not :devil:

^^ Naah. I dont want the Desire. I would like to wait for the new Samsung phones with the higher speed Application Processors or the new 1.3GHz Snapdragon devices.

Fixed :cry:

^^ Samsung Galaxy S huh :cry:

the HTC Mondrian is the next step in evolution with a 1.3GHz proccy... battery life ki maa-behan aur beti ek kar denge yeh naye processors :wallbash:

^^ Mondarin is hardly the next step in evolution.. It is a pretty minor upgrade in terms of underlying hardware...

Whats your recommendation Shantz? If I want to muck around should I go with the N900 or will Android offer more hackathon satisfaction?

Whats your recommendation Shantz? If I want to muck around should I go with the N900 or will Android offer more hackathon satisfaction?

It depends. N900 would have been an excellent option but Nokia pegged it back by closed drivers and no meego.. Apps are hard to come by as well.. N900 is a better thing for someone into linux development already as it resembles to a linux system much more closely and linux apps can be easily ported onto it..Lots of native apps, app development is rather easy to get into as you can use familiar toolchains and languages..You can do more than what is exposed by the SDK..

Android is kind of a mix for developers and end users almost equally..Apps writing has an initial barrier of entry but after that the development is rapid..But the community support and available apps are huge..Plus I feel that hacking/mash-up potential is very large due to android's inherent focus towards cloud technologies which is the new in-thing. This is why that from a "mobile-device-hacking" perspective I find android more exciting as it opens avenues towards newer areas and eggs you on while hacking on N900 is more like hacking on a linux PC..

That said, any one out of the two you take, you will not be disappointed.. Although I would suggest that if you are looking to go the N900 route, you should wait for a meego offering as I don't think Maemo would be able to sustain high community support for long..

Quick question folks: Where can i get the screen guard for iPhone 2g changed in South Delhi? Any approximation on the shop, cost and brand name for screen guards.

Thank you.

Bro try gk1 M block market. There are 2 shops viz. Satnam electronics and Mascot studios. Cost i think should be around 200-300 (maybe less maybe more), you can call them before you visit them. For their contact details you can call Justdial and ask for it.