The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

I got this on my note 5. The screen is not registering any touch. Is the displa yr dead. I can't hold the power button for long to switch off or restart. I tried holding down volume down, home key and power button but it takes me to a screen where the only options i get are restart phone or flash firmware. I tried 3-4 restarts but the display is like this only.

https://i.ibb.co/1TsfVjf/20200610-120645.jpg

I have had this phone heavily used in it's nearing 4yr period. The bubble like things at the bottom near home key are those the result of the battery leaking ?

Can i connect it to take data backup on pc or will it be risky ?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I got this on my note 5. The screen is not registering any touch. Is the displa yr dead. I can't hold the power button for long to switch off or restart. I tried holding down volume down, home key and power button but it takes me to a screen where the only options i get are restart phone or flash firmware. I tried 3-4 restarts but the display is like this only.

https://i.ibb.co/1TsfVjf/20200610-120645.jpg

I have had this phone heavily used in it's nearing 4yr period. The bubble like things at the bottom near home key are those the result of the battery leaking ?

Can i connect it to take data backup on pc or will it be risky ?

I'm having this odd issue with my S9 Plus where it shows fast charging but takes an hour and 15 minutes to charge from 30-100%. Earlier it used to take 40 minutes max. Not sure what happened, same charger and cable provided with the box.
How old is the device? Did you try using a different fast charger? Don't try a power bank though as the charge power will be less compared to actual wall charger

I'm having this odd issue with my S9 Plus where it shows fast charging but takes an hour and 15 minutes to charge from 30-100%. Earlier it used to take 40 minutes max. Not sure what happened, same charger and cable provided with the box.
How old is the device? Did you try using a different fast charger? Don't try a power bank though as the charge power will be less compared to actual wall charger

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Doesnt fast charging screw up battery?

Nope, that was the problem back when fast charging was new. It's a necessity these days, hard to go back to normal charge once you're used to it.

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Less than a year old. No, I'm using the official charger and cable provided by Samsung. What other brand's charger should I try using?

Edited by cyberpunk

Less than a year old. No, I'm using the official charger and cable provided by Samsung. What other brand's charger should I try using?
Try any other wall fast charger at home. The phone is new so no wear and tear of battery has happened yet. And if there was a problen with the port then it wouldn't charge i guess.

First try different charger on this phone and this phone's charger on another phone see the results. If both chargers work well then the issue lies in the phone.

Most modern samsung flagships go from 0-100 in 1h 20m. If you are getting dradtic changes from the first month of charging compared to now then check with samsung only when your area is safe from corona.

Try any other wall fast charger at home. The phone is new so no wear and tear of battery has happened yet. And if there was a problen with the port then it wouldn't charge i guess.

First try different charger on this phone and this phone's charger on another phone see the results. If both chargers work well then the issue lies in the phone.

Most modern samsung flagships go from 0-100 in 1h 20m. If you are getting dradtic changes from the first month of charging compared to now then check with samsung only when your area is safe from corona.

Any idea of the cost of galaxy note 5 display currently?

Better to get a new phone, one the display would be tough to get for such old phone, and if Samsung does not have it you will have to go Chinese, quality is questionable.

My view though if you still proceed, it should cost you around 6-7k atleast, if not more.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

On 6/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, AtheK said:

Better to get a new phone, one the display would be tough to get for such old phone, and if Samsung does not have it you will have to go Chinese, quality is questionable.

My view though if you still proceed, it should cost you around 6-7k atleast, if not more.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Thanks, i guess i wont buy anything right now, not gonna go for Chinese phones and display seems costly. Even the cheapest new samsung a21 is costly at 16-17k. There don't seem to be any good non chinese phones for a good price.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Thanks, i guess i wont buy anything right now, not gonna go for Chinese phones and display seems costly. Even the cheapest new samsung a21 is costly at 16-17k. There don't seem to be any good non chinese phones for a good price.

10-15k cheeni phones have driven every other brand except samsung from the market.

You get good samsung phones at round the 15-17k range bro.

Save up and buy a new and proper one

Yeah. Avoid cheaper Chinese phones and buy the Samsung A50 or A70. They cost a bit more, but I'd say its worth it honestly.

The cheaper budget is completely overrun by these Chinese brands. And the sub 50k android market has OnePlus as one of the biggest players, which is also Chinese.

Same guys as Oppo and Vivo.

The Pixel looks simple, but elegant. Its super expensive though.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Seriously are there good alternatives to Chinese phones?

Samsung = bloated software

Pixel = fugly look, stuck in 2015

iPhone = is an iPhone

Samsung's software is actually very good now. Hardly any bloat. It is right up there with the best now.

Not sure which high end apps you guys use that the UI and phone becomes laggy in Samsung, I'm using a 3 year old J7 prime and its still smooth AF. And I use my phone a lot for banking, browsing, etc.

Personally would not buy chinese brands, not because of nationalism or anti chinese sentiments, but simply because I dont trust these brands with sensitive banking and mail information. If they pull any crap on data, they are completely protected by the chinese govt.