Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HundredProofSam

For The Win Podcast 5

40 posts in this topic

One more thing....I don't agree with the absence of self-preservation thing. I have had Niko jump across a gap that was bit too wide. Niko was almost doomed to fall to his death when at the very last moment, he managed to hang on to the opposite ledge by the tip of his fingers.

WTF!!! Am I playing some different game cos neither did I have peds hanging onto cars nor did Niko grab onto the ledge during my time with teh game on 2 separate consoles.

Getting the peds to hang on to the car is pretty easy to replicate. Just pull out one of the drivers, get in the car and wait for him to come and try to open the door. As soon as he or she have their hand on the door, accelerate and you will have them hanging for dear life. Niko sometimes does the same as well.

The other example that I gave maybe a bit difficult to replicate. I never thought about until today as listened to the podcast. Let me see if I can try to do it again. Another example of self-preservation AI behaviour can be seen when Niko gets jettisoned out of a moving car through the windshield. He curls up into a ball, a fetal position to minimise damage as he bounces around. Same also happens when he jumps off a tall building or a helicopter, though I think it will do mor harm then good. :thumbsup:

Agreed that the multiplayer aspect of the game is not that polished but stil for a first attempt, its a very good one. Comparing it to COD4 would be unfair considering that IW had the expirience of three COD game behind them when they went to work on COD4.

There are so many customisation option in MP game (not cnstume) that you will never get tired. If you get bored of deathmatch, just toggle only melee weapons and watch as a horde of Liberty City denizens try to kill each other just armed with knives and baseball bats.

GTA Race is also an interesting variation of a trued and tested concept. Who knew racing could be so much fun when it gave you the chance to cook and lob grenades out of your moving car so that you can take care of the opposition that fast catching on you? Infact, last night, I managed to run right past two other racers while they both tried to shoot each other on their PGRs. Now thats what I call fun.

Edited by ctrl_alt_del

Heard the podcast, great stuff again. I skipped most of the GTA stuff but the rest of it was great. About Bioshock, I don't think anyone is hyping the game. Its only a big news to those who haven't played the game and don't have 360/PC. OPM au was talking about the other title that is yet to be announced.

And not all 360 ports on PS3 turn into crap. Games like DiRT, GRAW2, Oblivion were technically better on PS3 while Vegas, Oblivion and Lost Planet came with extra content free on the disk that 360 owners paid for.

thanks for the feedback guys....we're actually looking for guests to come on the podcast, but the people we've asked so far have been busy.....me nash are more adjusting....we pod in the afternoon, late night or whenever we can.....if anyone wants to jump on, let me know

we're looking for an MGS fans for an MGS4 podcast

peace

thats cool with me, but it will have to be someone other than nash and me coz we both know from little (nash) to nothing (me) about RPGs, JRPGs, WRPGs, OMFGRPGs, STFURPGs, GTFORPGs

peace

thats cool with me, but it will have to be someone other than nash and me coz we both know from little (nash) to nothing (me) about RPGs, JRPGs, WRPGs, OMFGRPGs, STFURPGs, GTFORPGs

grrr.gif

peace

LMAO :roflroll2:

You guys talk could about all the new games that are coming for both the 360 and the PS3...

That's 'cause, just recently, a lot of vids have come out for the games which give an idea regarding the game!

Edited by Karan

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0