Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Heaven Angel

This game could have been so much better...and anybody who does not agree that it gets badly repetitive ...i mean enough to ruin experience .....he or she needs help.

I could not even come to finish it and like psdude said...it initially is damn good fun but later on dil karta hai disc nikal ke phek de..yeha steam ko bolon ke mera library ke list se hi hata do....

For a LoTR fan like myself, the main reason why I loved it was because it was pretty faithful to the lore. And the references to things like blue wizards etc were all awesome! It was a pretty fun game(I havent played a single AC game and played Arkham games after I finished Shadow of Mordor). In addition to all of this, this was the first time we could visit places beyond the black gate. That itself was reason enough for me :D

For a LoTR fan like myself, the main reason why I loved it was because it was pretty faithful to the lore. And the references to things like blue wizards etc were all awesome! It was a pretty fun game(I havent played a single AC game and played Arkham games after I finished Shadow of Mordor). In addition to all of this, this was the first time we could visit places beyond the black gate. That itself was reason enough for me :D

Did you sell me the steelbook ed? or was that Monokuma? :P

Actually, for a LOTR fan (especially if you read supplementary works like Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales etc.), the game is not true to lore at all. They just threw around words and names from the books.

Combat was fun, game got repetitive afterwards (There were just 2 maps in the entire game and combat was the same afterwards with no differing systems or variations or anything; you got too OP later for there to be much challenge.) But lore (especially staying true to Tolkien's world) was not the strong suit of the game at all

Actually, for a LOTR fan (especially if you read supplementary works like Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales etc.), the game is not true to lore at all. They just threw around words and names from the books.

Combat was fun, game got repetitive afterwards (There were just 2 maps in the entire game and combat was the same afterwards with no differing systems or variations or anything; you got too OP later for there to be much challenge.) But lore (especially staying true to Tolkien's world) was not the strong suit of the game at all

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Middle Earth: Shadow of War Gold Edition

Gold Edition includes:

• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion

• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion

• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion

• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion

• Gold War Chest

• Over $125 in total value

Nemesis Expansions include a new Orc Tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates, and a Mythic Gear Set.

Story Expansions introduce a new campaign, playable character & abilities, side missions, enemies, allies & more.

Experience an epic open-world brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Forge a new Ring of Power, conquer Fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with your personal Orc army in Middle-earth: Shadow of War.

-Reddit.

is this ps4 exclusive or what?

No ways.. PC version is not listed yet but it's safe to say it could end up being digital only in may regions.

Middle earth shadow of mordor sold more than 2.5 mil copies on PC itself (digital) and performed strongly on consoles as well.

• 6 months later...

Just finished the base game 100% and clocked about 41 hours and 41 minutes into it. The end battle was such a massive cop out and it's right up there with the Mass Effect 3's sh*tty ending. 

Invested hours into building a massive orc army only to have a boss battle with mini-game finisher? F*ck you! 

A serious question to the developers; why the f*ck on earth would you think this would be a ideal choice for the final battle? Huh? I mean, all that army building stuff was fine, but at least give us a giant scale battle in the end to make it feel like an epic finale.

Anyway, I did like the game and it had some really good ideas with the nemesis system. But it gets repetitive quite quickly. I have just started the 'Lord of the Hunt' DLC and will finish that along with 'Bright Lord' to wrap this journey up. Hope Shadow of War has a better conclusion.

Archived