Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Iceman™

34 minutes ago, krados said:

Reached chapter 13th and liking the game so far, went in with low expectations anyways.

Chapter 3-4 were so nostalgic, chapter 7,8,9 is where it started to get boring but picked up from chapter 10 onwards. I am still maintaining media black out on this, not even watched the trailers, so my jaw dropped when I reached Madagascar. Scotland missions were boring, but every mission so far visually is simply god-tier :majesty: Puzzles are fun too. 

Definitely my fav UC game. Loved the story, visuals and overall combat is so much improved.

Edited by Sach4life

1 minute ago, adity said:

The hand to hand combat is definitely weaker than previous. Although gunplay feels great in the game. Very weighty and the enemies are no longer bullet sponges. 

I did like the story quite a lot. However, it's no longer my favourite. I doubt if it'd be in my top 10 after having played yakuza 0, persona 5, doom, wolf, etc. Those are definitely stronger games. 

I loved the improvement in stealth mechanics. Compared to the previous games, they were castly improved. Overall, i enjoyed the experience.

8 hours ago, adity said:

The hand to hand combat is definitely weaker than previous. Although gunplay feels great in the game. Very weighty and the enemies are no longer bullet sponges. 

I did like the story quite a lot. However, it's no longer my favourite. I doubt if it'd be in my top 10 after having played yakuza 0, persona 5, doom, wolf, etc. Those are definitely stronger games. 

Agreed ....the part about hand to hand combat ....I was playing uc2 a month back....hand combat felt more fun than uc4

Also one thing i miss is tossing the enemy grenade back .....that was kinda a bummer imo

11 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Definitely my fav UC game. Loved the story, visuals and overall combat is so much improved.

Agree to everything except stealth part. Not liking it much, its just grass :) 

3 hours ago, Pacifier said:

After playing UC Lost Legacy, you will definitely feel UC4 should have been like this!!

Loved every second of it. Icing on the cake that the story was in India.

Already bought it, saving it till I finish the game released before 2017. Guy who directed this also left ND after Bruce :( 

1 hour ago, Spacescreamer said:

I keep reading abt how UC4 was not as spectacular as it should have been. (Still bamboozled by UC2)

Definitely looks like lost legacy to be preferred first up. I hope there is no direct connection between UC4 and Lost legacy?

Lost Legacy FTW 

1 hour ago, Spacescreamer said:

I keep reading abt how UC4 was not as spectacular as it should have been. (Still bamboozled by UC2)

Definitely looks like lost legacy to be preferred first up. I hope there is no direct connection between UC4 and Lost legacy?

Lost Legacy builds up the characters which were introduced in UC4. The dynamics between Chloe and Nadine make the game so good. Though it's not necessary, I'd recommend first going through UC4 before picking up the lost legacy. There are lots of hints and references to the main game which you wouldn't understand if you jump straight to the latter.

Edited by Aloy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aloy said:

Lost Legacy builds up the characters which were introduced in UC4. The dynamics between Chloe and Nadine makes the game so good. Though it's not necessary, I'd recommend first going through UC4 before picking up the lost legacy. There are lots of hints and references to the main game which you wouldn't understand if you jump straight to the later.

Ah darn it! Them naughty dogs, and the gen evil scheme of intersplicing stuff for complimentary purchases.

Ever since UC3 left me disappointed, I have not been inclined to trust uc4 blindly. 

3 minutes ago, Spacescreamer said:

Ah darn it! Them naughty dogs, and the gen evil scheme of intersplicing stuff for complimentary purchases.

Ever since UC3 left me disappointed, I have not been inclined to trust uc4 blindly. 

I know the general consensus is not this, but for me UC4 is the best UC game. Perhaps that's because I had so much of an emotional connection with the characters when it came out such that I overlooked its shortcomings (which I still don't see, the pacing never irked me). Even after 4 playthroughs, I enjoyed it a lot. But one thing's for sure, It's miles better than UC3 so don't worry about that. 

2 minutes ago, Aloy said:

But one thing's for sure, It's miles better than UC3 so don't worry about that. 

That is a relief :)  

UC3 had a horrible glitch vis a vis the shooting part, where the headshot just won't be possible unless the aim was taken at the nose! One of the fanboi finished the game, and was still not aware of the glitch! And this fellow made sure that he gunned down all the trophies like crazy. I went ahead and got hold of the steelbook UC2 to ease off the burn.

I think m gonna play both the games (how could a fan of uc series say no to uc4 afterall..) but Claudia Black will win the vote first up.

I havent played TLL yet and it could be way better than UC4, but UC4 is not that bad that it should be skipped entirely. It was selling for 75% off during last sale. Expectation of every UC game to be like UC2 just doesnt make sense. You should definetely give it a try.

I hate the stealth mechanics in games like this. RoTR had similar problem (not so much in TR 2013), they give you these stealth tools, drop you in an area and generally expect you take out at least half of the enemies silently. The encounters are designed around this idea. So if you don't enjoy sneaking around and go in guns blazing, the game balance goes heavily against you and you quickly get surrounded by people with launchers and snipers. If they don't account for people stealthing then it becomes cakewalk for people who do stealth. Its a sh*t design decision. 

Both UC and TR reboot series are both equally amazing games in visual and level design. 

The combat and stealth mechanics are much better in ROTR in my opinion (only the LL has one slealth weapon and that too limited ammo) and it was easier to take out enemies in the hardest difficultly. Also it has more offerings like upgrading weapons, challenges, tombs, wild animals etc. 

Look foward to shadow of the tomb raider and the last of us 2. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aloy said:

I know the general consensus is not this, but for me UC4 is the best UC game. Perhaps that's because I had so much of an emotional connection with the characters when it came out such that I overlooked its shortcomings (which I still don't see, the pacing never irked me). Even after 4 playthroughs, I enjoyed it a lot. But one thing's for sure, It's miles better than UC3 so don't worry about that. 

I recently played this again after almost 1.5yrs for my final playthrough and platinum. Have played all uc1,2,3 and 4 multiple times now. Enjoyed replaying this game the least, UC 1/2/3 all were super fun in the subsequent playthroughs. (I've played all 3 on ps3 twice and then on ps4 thrice). This is the only UC game whose 2nd playthrough bored me to death. :fear:

UC3 remains my fav in the series. For me UC3> UC2 >Lost Legacy> UC1/UC4/UC VIta. 

Edited by rAgHaV

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

Both UC and TR reboot series are both equally amazing games in visual and level design. 

The combat and stealth mechanics are much better in ROTR in my opinion (only the LL has one slealth weapon and that too limited ammo) and it was easier to take out enemies in the hardest difficultly. Also it has more offerings like upgrading weapons, challenges, tombs, wild animals etc. 

Look foward to shadow of the tomb raider and the last of us 2. 

ROTR offers more gameplay variety compared to UC.

Gameplay is secondary in UC games. Focus is always on story, characters and set pieces. ROTR was totally opposite where focus was more on gameplay systems than story and characters. 

For me gameplay always above story nd all. 

On 2/3/2018 at 5:47 PM, rAgHaV said:

I recently played this again after almost 1.5yrs for my final playthrough and platinum. Have played all uc1,2,3 and 4 multiple times now. Enjoyed replaying this game the least, UC 1/2/3 all were super fun in the subsequent playthroughs. (I've played all 3 on ps3 twice and then on ps4 thrice). This is the only UC game whose 2nd playthrough bored me to death. :fear:

UC3 remains my fav in the series. For me UC3> UC2 >Lost Legacy> UC1/UC4/UC VIta. 

Haha. The gameplay was the best in the series IMO so I enjoyed replaying it, cause it added some variety to combat encounters.

My rating for the series goes like, UC4 > UC2 > UC: TLL > UC3 > UC1 (Dunno about Golden Abyss). 

Finished the game, loved it. There were quite a few frustrating things about it but in the end it doesnt matter. What a superb ending, good bye old friend :( Everyone who wants to play it would have played it by now, but still I think its a must play game(as cited by almost every gaming site). Game is simply gorgeous to look at and level design is definitely a step up. Fire fights were great, but absolutely hated the "forced" sit-in-grass stealth sections. AI still needs some work, during the stealth sections so many times Sam and Sully ran right in front of the shoreline soldiers but nobody notices them, it was hilarious :lol: and then there was a crate to climb onto for every situation, no matter where in the world you are.

Like almost everyone felt pacing was a bit out of place.

Spoiler

- Two scotland levels, i felt were quite boring.
- When the game was picking up, that whole section where you just walk around a mansion was a buzzkill.
- Level 21 had great platforming, not sure why they dint put more such sections.

Anyways, the game had its moments and I'll be coming back to replay some of the chapters.